Things to think about (ASAP)

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by BrianK, Oct 15, 2016.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

Definitely! :)

Beth B and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  2. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Great idea on the lighting. I have a great small LED lantern. I should acquire additional batteries & additional lanterns.

When I'm able to buy my small home, then I'll prepare further. I'm hoping for a 3 bed 2 bath with enough yard for a garden. Unemployment benefits due to Covid has enabled me to build a good savings/downpayment. Now I just need the income to support it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 3:01 PM
    Lumena, Beth B, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  3. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

I just found a local Ham Radio Club. Looks like they meet in the parking lot (COVID) monthly.

Lumena, Beth B and Sam like this.
  4. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

No, I haven't found a local priest willing to discuss things such as the Warning.

I would be overjoyed to be in contact outside my diocese with such a Priest through email/phone/Zoom!

5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Fr Alar at Shrine of Divine Mercy in Massachusetts spoke about the Warning recently on a video. You might want to send him an email and see what he says.

AED and Beth B like this.
  6. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

It can be really tough to find direct emails. Is that Alar or Altier?

7. Sam

Sam Powers

It's Fr. Alar at the Divine Mercy Shrine. Good priest!

The Divine Mercy |

Te Deum, AED and Beth B like this.
  8. Jason Fernando

Jason Fernando Archangels

Alar or Altier or Fr. Altman?

9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

ALAR
    final answer:LOL:

Te Deum and Sam like this.
  10. BrianK

BrianK Proud2bRC Staff Member

Fr. Chris Alar, MIC.

I spent some time with him when he was working with us at the Marian Missionaries of Divine Mercy near Stockbridge MA a year ago. Very good, solid, holy priest, completely aware of the implications of the times we are living through.

Beth B, Lumena, Donna259 and 3 others like this.
  11. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

I was just on their site. I did not find a link to his direct email. I emailed the shrine asking for it.

12. sparrow

sparrow The ultimate limit to evil is Divine Mercy

What kind of rice do you guys buy in bulk? Just wondering what you think is best to have?

Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  13. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Funny you should ask. Costco is one of my stops today, for that.

sparrow, Sam, AED and 1 other person like this.
  14. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

I just picked up organic brown 25#bag. Good thru 2022. Grown & packaged in US.

sparrow, Mary's child, Sam and 2 others like this.
  15. AED

AED Powers

I buy white rice. The brown can go bad sadly. The white had lots of nutrition. And it stores better.

Beth B, Donna259, sparrow and 3 others like this.
  16. sparrow

sparrow The ultimate limit to evil is Divine Mercy

Plain white? Basmati? Jasmine?

AED likes this.
  17. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I favor Jasmine rice personally. I like it the best and as AED said brown does go bad quicker. Rice can be vacuum packed in Mylar bags you can pick up from Amazon and with a desiccant pack will last for years and years.

Beth B, Sam, sparrow and 1 other person like this.
  18. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

I do like jasmine quite a lot. My Dad & I were out. So for use now, we prefer brown. Yes, for storing, sounds like white is better. That would surely be a food staple.

LED lanterns also, with the amount of bright light they give off. Mine takes 3 AA. Question is, a prefered battery that will last longer?

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  19. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I prefer Duracell. I have bought the Kirkland brand Costco sells and they eventually leak so they are no good for long term use or storage in a device like an emergency radio or flashlight that might sit on a shelf for a few years. I have yet to have a Duracell leak and have been using them for years now.

HeavenlyHosts, Sam, sparrow and 2 others like this.
  20. AED

AED Powers

I buy plain white river rice but basmati stores well I believe. Dont get the instant rice. Look for regular white rice. Goya foods sell it. But I always buy the brand "river rice"

HeavenlyHosts and sparrow like this.