They've come for Fr. Altman...

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by sparrow, May 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Well, yes, but please, I do not like to be addressed as, "give it an ear, sister." Just humor me, FP.

Jo M and AED like this.
  2. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

you’re serious? A fellow soul in Christ, who doesn’t like being addressed as sister?

That explains a lot, ma’am

Julia likes this.
  3. TinNM

TinNM Guest

It pangs me to see people being disagreeable here. Please, just be courteous.

Julia, FatimaPilgrim, AED and 3 others like this.
  4. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

upload_2021-7-12_21-30-45.jpeg

Julia likes this.
  5. josephite

josephite Powers

I know Fr Altman spoke highly of his Bishop in his earlier videos, because apparently his Bishop had allowed the churches in his diocese to remain open (in 2020) when most other Bishops ordered their diocese to close churches. I wonder, at this current decree of restrictions of faculties , whether his bishop (may be in the know) and might be trying to protect Fr Altman from a greater harm, from other bishops maybe, such as being laicized or worse.
    It is also interesting to note that St Padre Pio suffered similar restrictions of his faculties; St Padre Pio obeyed and prayed.

Accusations against Padre Pio poured in to the Holy Office (today the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith). By June 1922, restrictions were placed on the public’s access to Padre Pio. His daily Mass time varied each day, without announcement to diminish the crowds, and he was ordered not to answer correspondence from people seeking spiritual direction.

From 1924 – 1931 various statements were made by the Holy See that denied the supernaturality of Padre Pio’s phenomena. On June 9, 1931, the Feast of Corpus Christi, Padre Pio was ordered by the Holy See to desist from all activities except the celebration of the Mass, which was to be in private.

By early 1933, Pope Pius XI ordered the Holy See to reverse its ban on Padre Pio’s public celebration of Mass, saying, “I have not been badly disposed toward Padre Pio, but I have been badly informed.”

Padre Pio’s faculties were progressively restored. First, the confessions of men were allowed (March 25, 1934) and then women (May 12, 1934). Although he had never been examined for a preaching license, the Capuchin Minister General granted him permission to preach, honoris cuasa, and he preached several times a year. In 1939 when Pope Pius XII was elected pope, he began to encourage people to visit Padre Pio. More and more people began to make pilgrimages.

Mary's child, Jo M, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thanks, Josephite. This is good information. We probably do not have all the knowledge necessary in this case to draw a conclusion.

Shae, Mary's child, AED and 4 others like this.
  7. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Go to YouTube and you'll find dozens of videos of people's experiences with Karens.

8. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

I recall reading an anecdote: After all had been done, in 1933 Pio's enemies had pressured the Pope to laicize Pio to get rid of the problem. Then, at t the last meeting, there was a knock on the door, and a simple Franciscan monk let himself into the room. His cowl was drawn forward, so no one could really make out his features. He knelt before the Pope and for maybe half an hour spoke up in defense of Padre Pio. When he had finished, he rose, and walked out the door.

After a moment, when people came to their senses, some of the left the room hoping to bring the monk back for questioning; but when the opened the door the hallway was empty. There was no where for the monk to have gone, yet he was not there. The Pope sent word to Padre Pio's superior to ask Pio what he had been doing at that time; the reply came back quickly that the superior himself had seen Pio taking his rest in his cell, laying on his mattress, at the same time as the monk was defending Padre Pio's ministry. It is believed that the Franciscan monk was in fact Padre Pio bilocating, so he could present his own defense to the Pope (which he had been denied earlier.)

It is important to note that, unlike Fr. Altman, Padre Pio's faculties were diminished and eventually suppressed not because of anything he purportedly said or did, but because he was attracting attention as a wonderworker, and it was believed that people were coming only to see him perform some miracle or another. It strikes me that Bishop Callahan removed Fr. Altman's faculties because he was making too many of the bishops uncomfortable. They can't just batten down and wait for all of this to blow over. (Well, they could, and some probably plan to. If they do, though, ... if they think their churches are empty now, just wait.)

Mary's child, TinNM and AED like this.
  9. jackzokay

jackzokay Powers

Fatima, with respect... what does it explain?
    I honestly agree with your sentiments on Fr. Altman... But I sincerely hope you're not implying any sort of slight on this particular lady's personality. I am aware of her character via this site. She is consistent.
    To such an extent that I truly believe that she would have been at the foot of the cross beside Our Blessed Mother had she been alive at that time.
    We are talking about a true believer here, a lady...

Jo M, AED, Shae and 4 others like this.
  10. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

I don’t think we should be calling anyone by a derogatory name or a name that belittles or holds someone up for ridicule.

Jo M, PurpleFlower, AED and 2 others like this.
  11. TinNM

TinNM Guest

Live with Dr. Taylor Marshall, well, good luck!

12. TinNM

TinNM Guest

I agree with what he says but I'd agree, he comes off a bit too strong...

PurpleFlower likes this.
  13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Fr. Altman keeps nursing and rehearsing hurt feelings. IMHO, and this drives him to get himself deeper into trouble. I just skimmed this video. It was full of the fact that he was hurt that he couldn't feed his children. For almost an hour.......I pray for him to have peace. He needs to find that within his soul first of all.

ellen, Clare A, PurpleFlower and 3 others like this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

As Padraig has said before, when you are in a hole, stop digging.

ellen, PurpleFlower, AED and 2 others like this.
  15. TinNM

TinNM Guest

I believe Father Altman discusses in that video in post #311 how pensions/compensation are not in some of these cases, Priests who do bad things, we know some of those cases but he may be denied.

Real wrongs are what Fr. Ryan Erickson did in what seems about 20 years ago, I'd ride my bike mainly around St. Paul Minnesota and there were a few flyers left, someone killed a funeral home worker and the person who was visiting him in the back-office there, that additional person was just killed because he was there and the flyers were those kind requesting the public's help on anyone who knew anything about this atrocious event... now who would do something like that? Sort of up--in-the-neck-of-the-woods where Father Altman is, it just totally floored me that a bad priest did that. Ryan Erickson, how terrible. Author Leon J. Podles :: The Rev. Ryan Erickson Case Study. A case study of clergy sexual abuse and murder. Per that website they mention cases but it is a very small percentage of all priests but Fr. Ryan Erickson, I don't think I ever came across him but it could have been possible. He became Pastor at I believe a St. Patrick's Church in either Wisconsin or Minnesota. I hope it doesn't seem to be bashing, this was a case I believe that folks should be aware of nevertheless and from what I read, he was a bit of a TRAD type of priest... and tradition, apparently he brought that to St. Pat's and it divided the Church up some.

So, Father Altman who smiles incessantly on camera it seems, anyway, he's very mild, that video above even raises up the issue as to whether he could go to an order like St. Pius (SSPX) or even the Priest Fraternity of St. Peter, the latter I know, totally in communion with the Church. I was reading something about per SSPX, there may be a case opened for the Archbishop Lefrebvre.

Father Altman has a point in that maybe the Bishops are shirking their duty some. It's all not for me to say nor do I feel like saying anything negative on good Fr. Altman, just that I think he comes on a bit to strong.

I think that Dr. Taylor Marshall and so on, likewise, might be questioned for furthering this affair, I say all of this as reflection, not to be accusing of anyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2021
  16. TinNM

TinNM Guest

These are Seminarians, there is also one on cancelled Priests posted before this including Fr. Altman. Something to be alert too:

So, is Church Militant and the Vortex considered too negative, out-of-line? I wanted to post.

Yet, two of the guests are critical of this Benedictine Conception Seminary in Missouri? It sounds like.

I have to add on, for awhile, I would websearch the news for cases of "child abuse" and the like, the problem is across the spectrum actually.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2021