The Warning in scripture

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by garabandal, Aug 1, 2009.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I believe the following scriptural reference points to the world-wide warning or aviso because
    the warning is an illumination of conscience, which will convince each soul of the reality of sin
    and of judgement - that there is an ultmate truth and justice upon which we will all be judged.

John 16 v8
    Douay-Rheims Bible
    And when he is come, he will convince the world of sin, and of justice, and of judgment.

[This verse cannot refer to Pentecost for the Holy Spirit only descended upon the apostles in the
    upper room - what is of significance in this verse is that the whole world will experience the
    coming of the Holy Spirit].

The Holy Spirit, the paraclete, the third person of the Blessed Trinty will convince the world of eternal
    truths that there is a judgement for all men that the judgement is personal and determines our eternal
    destiny; that it is possible to be lost to the slavery of sin and to be eternally separated from God.

We live in the Marian age which may come to a close with the secrets of Medjugorje but we are going
    to enter a new age of the Holy Spirit for it is through the Holy Spirit that the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
    [spouse of the Holy Spirit] will triumph and a period of peace will be granted to the world.

The purifying fire of the Holy Spirit will test and sift each soul. Some will be found ready and waiting
    like the bride but for others will be a purifying fire of an intensity that will shock the soul to its foundations.

Please God that we will all be found ready to encounter the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete.

2. Mario

Mario Powers

O happy day!

garabandal,

I stole this from your latest thread in the Scripture Subforum:

Luke 2:25 – 2:39

And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon, and this man was just and God-fearing, awaiting the consolation of Israel. And the Holy Spirit was with him. And he had received an answer from the Holy Spirit: that he would not see his own death before he had seen the Christ of the Lord. And he went with the Spirit to the temple. And when the child Jesus was brought in by his parents, in order to act on his behalf according to the custom of the law, he also took him up, into his arms, and he blessed God and said: “Now you may dismiss your servant in peace, O Lord, according to your word. For my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared before the face of all peoples: the light of revelation to the nations and the glory of your people Israel.” And his father and mother were wondering over these things, which were spoken
    about him. And Simeon blessed them, and he said to his mother Mary: “Behold, this one has been set for the ruin and for the resurrection of many in Israel, and as a sign which will be contradicted. And a sword will pass through your own soul, so that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.”

In that the Illumination is a correction of conscience and that the secrets of one's heart will be brought to light, I believe one layer of meaning for this passage would point to the Warning. Certainly, the prideful will have the opportunity to fall down before the Lord and humble themselves. I, myself, long to see how God views my actions and intentions. May he purify us all!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus!

3. garabandal

garabandal Powers

The illumination will enlighten us for sure.

There are many hidden depths to the human heart.

I suspect that we humans are prone to self-delusion, that we rarely see ourselves as
    we really are. We may have a false image of self, we often see ourselves as better than
    others. There may be many hidden dark spots in our hearts, which will be revealed in order
    that we might be perfected in love.

Blessed are the pure in heart - child-like souls devoted to God [like our Lady].
    Blessed are those who have had a change of heart [Mary Magdalene].

How much do we love? If we love with only our natural human heart then perhaps we may not love
    a lot? If we love with the heart of God [Mother Teresa; John Paul II] our love transforms the world.
    In some way with saints there is a mystical heart transplant; that the saints love with the very love
    of God pouring through them. There hearts are transformed mystically that they might perform mighty
    acts of love for God. This must happen when the soul completely dies to self and loves God above all
    things [Padraig has talked previously about a mystical marriage between the soul and God]

Too often I love only with natural human love because there is still to much self in me! I think the
    illumination will confirm for me that I am a long way from Christian perfection!!

Immaculate and Sorrowful Heart of Mary, Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us.

4. padraig

padraig New Member

I think we are a bit like onions. You strip away one layer of self deceit and you find another.

Only the loving mercy of God makes it possible to stand the pain of seeing ourself in our sinfulness, for if God can love us so much , even as we are it makes it possible for us to see ourselves and others in our true light and to love ourselves and others as God loves us.

I saw a photo of Padre Pio one time in the confession box and the poor man looked like he was in agony., I don't think some of the stories, some of the horror stories he heard must have put him in the best of form, especially since he was such a pure, innocent soul itself. I sometimes think that the person who prays returns to childhood in a way and finds itself like a lamb among wolves, mirroring the Lamb of God. I wonder if Jesus sometimes wondered if He was in a mad house Himself since folks never seemed to want anything so much as to kill Him, starting with the folks in His own village Himself.

Attached Files:

5. darrell

darrell New Member

I think I'm more like a cabbage than an onion. :shock:

6. Mario

Mario Powers

"Here, Here!" from the Irish bleachers! :D

Safe in the Father's Arms!

7. Seán

Seán New Member

I'll be the turnip....

8. padraig

padraig New Member

:D

I think you are all being too hard on yourselves :D

I think so bad is the spiritual atmosphere in the world at the minute that none of us could be sitting still, spiritually. The poor old turnip or cabbage would be dragged down the drain hole to hell. For the world is a on a very, very slippery slope at the minute.

I listened to a wonderful spiritual testimony about a guy called, 'Francis', a layperson with a family who has a wonderful apostolate and prayer life. I notice his priest puts down a lot of this to him simply saying the stations of the cross each day, a practice he learnt from his father as a child; small seeds, great fruit. I suspect anyone who stays loyal to the faith at the minute would without doubt bring forward great fruits of holiness. It is so very, very dark out there. Without giving big heads I have the highest opinion of all and am very edified by your posts, a great example to me;

http://en.gloria.tv/?media=27119

Attached Files:

9. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Childlike simplicity - no layers, only innocence.

10. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes.

The priest was very, holy too, I thought. What a wonderful gift to meet these hidden mystics. I must read up on 'Little Mary' she sounds stunning.