The Vatican Has Fallen

Discussion in 'Church Critique' started by padraig, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Byron

Byron Powers

2. SteveD

SteveD Archangels

3. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Agnes McAllister likes this.

4. CRUCIFYING CHRIST AGAIN: Is The Apocalypse Now?

5. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

6. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

7. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

This is horrible. Too much attention and credit being given to evil and too little to the power of God and Our Lady who will crush it all. As much as I dislike many of the things Pope Francis has done and said, I think it is wrong to portray him in such a hideous and disrespectful manner. We must be careful not to let Satan turn our own hearts away from charity, hope, and beauty, and turn our eyes away from Christ onto the flaws of others and the malice of Satan himself. I would argue that these paintings are demonic because they focus too much attention on the "power" of evil, and not on the true power of God. One glance from the Father and every last vestige of evil would be forced to flee... Their "power" is a mirage, fleeting, and will be stripped from them the moment God has achieved His wondrous plan for the world.

Carol55, maryrose, Joan J and 6 others like this.
  8. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Well said. I agree

Jason Fernando, Mary's child and AED like this.
  9. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

I mostly agree with what you've said. They are hideous, that's for sure, and it doesn't sit well with me that the Pope is depicted in such a grotesque way. But I haven't fully formulated my thoughts yet so I'll reserve comment other than that.

10. Last edited: Dec 5, 2021 at 1:55 PM
    Agnes McAllister likes this.
  11. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

Yes, that's what I thought. Or Hieronymus Bosch.

Jason Fernando and AED like this.
  12. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Great video
    Thank you, Jason.