The Tocsin of Alarum

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Mario

Mario Powers

An unambiguous sign.

Garadanbal,

As you have stated, it appears a visit to Russia by the Holy Father is a key event that would validate the Garabandal perspective. As far as I can see, nothing is on the horizon except a May visit to the Holy Land.

I would like to add some thoughts concerning the Obama Administration. I am mistrustful of a man rising rapidly to the highest office of the land, who experience-wise, is so unqualified! Who were those that chose to promote this man, and why the aura of adulation?

During the ascendancy of Hitler, he picked two scapegoats to pave the way for his dictatorial usurption. When events would fail to swing in his favor, Hitler first singled out the Communists and later, the Jews. They, and not the Nazis, became the reason for national turmoil.

Obama will be faced with economic problems beyond his ability to reverse, yet millions are looking to him to be a savior, of sorts, this man who promises change. Charisma alone, will not keep the people enthralled when employment and the soft life are threatened. My question is this: who will be the scapegoats for the coming Administration? :?

Lord have mercy!

Safe in the Father's Arms!

2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Mario,

I for one have not been taken in by the 'Obama rhetoric',
    all he says rings hollow for me because of his hatred
    of the unborn. His anti-life record is just appalling.

It is the unborn who will be a scape-goat if he gets his way.

The right to life should be the most fundamental of rights and
    should be the first law enshrined in every constitution.

Garabandal

3. padraig

padraig New Member

Garabandal. I posted on a thread somewhere a series of dreams I had about Eastern Europe right down form the city of Kiev, through Hungary and down to Bosinia/ Serbia, it involves the use of nuclear weapons and Russia invading the Ukraine....I must try to recall were they are, its a while ago since I posted them... :?

4. Seán

Seán New Member

Yes, the visionaries of Garabandal were warned that Russia would invade, IF it didn't amend its ways. As we know from Fatima, Russia was consecrated to the Immaculate Heart in 1984, (after Garabandal) greatly diminishing its threat. So an invasion of Russia is certainly not possible for this generation. If one says it is, that would be like saying an act of consecration to the Immaculate Heart is useless.

The Chastisement of Garabandal (3 days darkness) comes at the end of the sufferings of the tribulation, when it will be apparent that the Church and the world are on the brink of perishing.

5. Seán

Seán New Member

Was Conchita referring to a period of tribulation before the warning? No she was not. If she was, she was mistaken.

We must ask ourselves what is the purpose of the warning? To strengthen the faithful, and to help those who are weak in faith to grow spiritually, by realisation of their own sinfulness and of the need for repentance. The Warning isn't simply a sign that comes to prove God's existence. It is much more than that.

The Warning occurs before the tribulation kicks off, because, along with the Day of Consolation and the Great Miracle, the purpose of these supernatural events is to give the faithful strength from God directly to be prepared for the great difficulties that lie ahead. The tribuation is not something to be sniffed at; it will test the faith of even the most devout person. Therefore this supernatural strengthening will be fundamentally necessary.

If the Warning were to happen after the tribulation began, what purpose would it serve? It would be too late. This would mean that the faithful all over the world went into this tribulation unprepared by God, who is supposed to be our Father, who Loves us and gives us the graces and blessings needed to survive the future. It is God Himself who bestows on us the gifts of the Warning, Consolation and Miracle, which we need as the tribulation approaches.

Also, it should be clear that the Warning will, because of its nature, initiate much unrest in the world, which will eventually grow to comprise the lesser tribulation as we know it. The Warning reveals to each person their sinfulness, so wicked persons who reject the call to repentance will be desperate. Much more so than people are now. The Warning is clearly the key to get the proverbial ball rolling.

Notice that the Warning is scheduled for April 10th 2009, which is Good Friday, the 100th day of the year, as it happens. Any day other than Good Friday for the repentance of sins would never be half as significant as this date.

The Warning is clearly referred to in the Book of Zechariah:

{12:10} And I will pour out upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and prayers. And they will look upon me, whom they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only son, and they will feel sorrow over him, as one would be sorrowful at the death of a firstborn.
    {12:11} In that day, there will be a great lamentation in Jerusalem, like the lamentation of Hadadrimmon in the plain of Megiddo.

The day of Good Friday is indicated by the section of the verse that says "and they will look upon me, whom they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only son..."

These same words are recounted in the Gospel of John's description of Good Friday:

{19:7} And again, another Scripture says: "They shall look upon him, whom they have pierced."

Seán

6. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I have been experiencing a very powerful 'sense of foreboding' today
    since three o'clock and this has not lifted despite much prayer:
    [5 hours ago].

I have abandoned myself to the Divine Mercy and the Sacred Heart
    of Jesus and offered prayer and supplication for poor sinners.

Let us keep close to the Lord.

7. Mario

Mario Powers

Sean,

I believe you misunderstand Conchita's definitions of Trbulation and Chasetisement. The Chastisements of Ron Conte and Conchita are basically equivalent. They both follow upon the Miracle and represent a cleansing of rebellion leading up to the Era of Peace. Conchita dreads the effects of the coming Chastisement upon the lives of her children, but details haven't been forthcoming. Ron's outline has been based on great analysis of private revelation and contains multiple specifics.

The Tribulation prophesied at Garabandal by Our Lady represents primarily a trial of persecution for the Church. It's full fury is dissipated by the occurence of the Illumination which will be followed by the Miracle. This prophesied Tribulation has no corresponding trial in Ron's timetable. I think the timing of an Illumination during the period of a persecution of the Church makes sense if we consider it the means by which God steps in to protect his People. I believe your above definition of the purpose for the Warning would fit into either of the scenarios.

I hold lightly onto all private revelation and/or any related analysis. In spite of differences, the Signs of the Times should be evident enough to cause us to take spiritual and material precautions.

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

8. padraig

padraig New Member

9. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Padraig, is there a time when we move from
    God's mercy to his Justice?

Jesus told St Faustina that he had extended the
    time of mercy for souls. Are the first secrets
    merely an extention of His mercy and the others
    pertain to God's justice which will cleanse the earth of sin?

10. padraig

padraig New Member

I think ,Garabandal, that the mystics , in talking off this time talk often in terms of two graphic images, the scales of Justice tipping over and of the cup running over. I think you can see this in the Book of Revelations were the saints of martyrs send up the smoke of prayer before the LamB and kinda say to God 'Enough is enough, we've had enough its time to go down and stop this, do something about it'.

...and I think there is a kind of sense in this in Revaltion of God's hand being forced, of Him having in a sense no choice, of HAVING to act.

However its important in reading the words of the mystics and of great mystics like Saint John the Evangelist in Revelation that he is trying to express the inexpressible, in putting into human language that whcih can only loose much of its orginal meaning when we try to put it into words... For at the end of the day there is only one way to understand the words of the Mystics and that is to enter into the Mystery of Christ ourselves. To pray in fact and reread the words of Revelation ourselves.

I think Catholicism differs from other religions very deeply in this in that it is a deeply,very , very deeply mystical religion and I think no one who follows Our Blessed Lady for any length of time can fail to understand this for she calls us to pray, pray, p[ray to follow the spiritual path.

I think as far as Justice and Mercy go, we tend to talk of them as separate when they are not, in fact in God Justice and Mercy embrace. So God's Justice is an act of Mercy and His mercy springs from the expression of His justice. These are very difficult concepts to understand with the mind but a little child could understand them with her heart...if she prayed.

As far as these times go, I do not think the cup has run over yet, I do not think the scales have tipped, though we are on the very verge of this happening. I have a feeling it will come about by a series of actions that will be taken by Governments right round the world. However we should not simlpy blame those in power for their actions will be an expression of a very,very sinful wish of the people...as say theHebrews asked for a false God to be bulit while Moses was up the mountain talking to the Lord.

People are very, frightened at the minute and frightened people are capable of the most terrible sins... :oops:

Psalm 85:10
    Mercy and truth have met. Righteousness and peace have kissed.

I hasten to say I am a sinner myself. I know this. But there are sins and then there are sins. Somethings go right before the Throne of God for vengeance, just as in Confession some sins are reserved for the Holy Father Himself to give absolution for.

There are some places we can never, ever go...

I am very much afraid that often some people have lost the Fear of the Lord. But they will remember it once again when He sends forth His Angels of Justice into the world.

Attached Files:

11. padraig

padraig New Member

Matthew 25
    Parable of Ten Virgins

1 “Then the kingdom of heaven will be comparable to ten virgins, who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 “Five of them were foolish, and five were prudent. 3 “For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, 4 but the prudent took oil in flasks along with their lamps. 5 “Now while the bridegroom was delaying, they all got drowsy and began to sleep. 6 “But at midnight there was a shout, ‘Behold, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.’ 7 “Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps. 8 “The foolish said to the prudent, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ 9 “But the prudent answered, ‘No, there will not be enough for us and you too; go instead to the dealers and buy some for yourselves.’ 10 “And while they were going away to make the purchase, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding feast; and the door was shut. 11 “Later the other virgins also came, saying, ‘Lord, lord, open up for us.’ 12 “But he answered, ‘Truly I say to you, I do not know you.’ 13 “Be on the alert then, for you do not know the day nor the hour.

I suppose it does not really matter the day, hour or manner of the Lord's Coming, so long as we have the Lamp of Prayer alight in Our Hearts when He comes through the door.

Still its great fun to speculate!!

I'd say this year we will have well entered into some of the major effects of the Tribulation with radical effects on a lot of our lifestyle.Even the rich who hope to cocoon themselves will fail. Still I hope for a few years yet to still live pretty much as we live now...

A good friend is to come into a very sizeable inheritance from Canada at the end of this tear and has offered to buy or build me a large House of Prayer for Our Lady, a Refuge. But I do not feel called to do so and so I won't. However I am praying about it waiting on word from Our Lady in case she wants it. It would have to be self sustaining in some very remote spot well out of the road and I'd have to find a priest to say mass in its little chapel and find a wind turbine and livestock...it makes my head ache to think of it....But still I hope I will be left just were I am . I love my, very,very simple lifestyle here, and don't want to move....It occurs to me though that my life in the monastery has equipped me with a practical ability to set up such a Refuge and community.

But I very much would prefer not to have to.

12. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Padraig,
    I will pray to Our Lady to direct you.
    At the moment I see my family members doing things to become self sufficient without any promptings from me. I pray that we remain close during the times to come and that Our Lady will protect us.

May His Will Be Done.

Mary

13. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Padraig, as always I ask a simple question
    and you give a wonderful, insightful answer.

Thankyou.

I agree that the sands of time are running out
    for our generation. Didn't out Lady say at
    Medjugorje that there would be little time
    between the first secret and the permanent
    sign for people to convert. In other words
    now is the 'hour of salvation' and the world needs
    to turn its back on sin.

But we have lost 'even the very sense of sin'!.
    I use we because I am a sinner and part
    of this generation. I sometimes wish I could do
    more for the Lord than I am doing and just hope
    that by prayer, fasting and living a good life
    that I am pleasing Him.

That's some offer you got Padraig!!
    Do you mean a place of refuge in Canada or
    Ireland??

Garabandal

14. padraig

padraig New Member

I don't even know I want to this, to be honest, Garabandal. But , as you say it is some offer...so maybe the Sign is in the offer.

However I would never embark on such an undertaking without clear expression of the will of heaven, also if she wanted it Our Lady would show were she wanted it. For myself I am, not worried but if it helps others well and good.

I hope Our Lady picks someone else if she does want it.

15. padraig

padraig New Member

...though I don't mean to sound ungrateful , but when you're older and living on your own its different, but to help others...

16. Seán

Seán New Member

Terry, thank you for your post.

Perhaps I did. I admit I do not understand everything about the predictions of Garabandal.

While I admire Ron Conte's work in attempting to interpret the secrets, I do not put my faith in them as completely as I do my Catholic Faith. All manmade predictions are fallible and I realise that. If they work out, well and good. If not, it's not the end of the world.

Yes, no one interpretation can be solidly proven yet, hence much speculation. It will be interesting to see as we go along.

A good attitude. We should not give too much credence to private revelation beyond its ability to strengthen our faith. We should not be so concerned about the future, when Jesus is with us now, always.

On a personal note I apologise to any member with whom I might have been a little forceful with my assumptions of the future, recently. I do not know the future. I just put my trust in Jesus and our Blessed Lady that things will turn out fine.

PS Mario, I hope your hip is doing okay.

Sean

17. Mario

Mario Powers

Padraig,

This brief quote of yours speaks volumes.

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

18. Rain

Rain Powers

Hi Padraig, what's this thing about the bird flu . . . did you hear that along with 'fever' in prayer or are you just attempting to put two and two together?

19. padraig

padraig New Member

I just heard the word 'fever', Deanna. :)

20. Rain

Rain Powers

Oh, good. Then I'm still free to believe the fever might be of the boogie variety.

Sorry, not trying to be disrespectful, just my lame attempt at humor. I'd much rather get disco fever than a plague-induced one. Joking about it eases the anxiety a little. :roll: