The Tocsin of Alarum

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, Oct 9, 2008.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

I was sleepless for much of last night and I heard a single huge great bell ringing, in peels of three. I wondered were the bell was ringing so urgently and was shown Saint Peters Square and as I gazed upwards I saw it was the Bells of St Peters itself. Then I was told that this was the tocsin of the alarum. That the old dragon Satan was about to launch the most savage persecution in history, a global one against Holy Mother Church. Our priests, I was told will be hunted down like rabbits. Our faithful scattered to the wind. Throughout the face of the Earth the Great Persecution shall proceed. So terrible will this persecution be carried out that it shall appear that the Old Enemy, aided by enemies within the Church has succeeded but that at this very hour of darkness the Triumph of Mary shall appear.

We must pray very much for Our Holy Father and the Church, may Saint Michael defend it and all the faithful.

The Church is in very,very great danger.

]

2. Mario

Mario Powers

A difficult choice lies before us. We must raise the ante and make use of the weapons at our disposal: prayer, fasting, Holy Mass, Adoration, sacrifices, sacramentals...as Pope John Paul II would say, "Be not afraid!"

1Pet5:6-11 And so, be humbled under the powerful hand of God, so that he may exalt you in the time of visitation. Cast all your cares upon him, for he takes care of you. Be sober and vigilant. For your adversary, the devil, is like a roaring lion, traveling around and seeking those whom he might devour. Resist him by being strong in faith, being aware that the same passions afflict those who are your brothers in the world. But the God of all grace, who has called us to his eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will himself perfect, confirm, and establish us, after a brief time of suffering. To him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

How wonderful the promises of God!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

3. padraig

padraig New Member

yes, I think thats true, Terry, much more prayer and fasting. Getting ready for the big fight. People will become so afraid they will agree to anything that assures them stability and material comfort. It is easy to see how people will turn against the Church that shows a moral compass when all anyone wants to do is feel safe.

The present cycle is not really new, we have seen it time and time again, with people like Napoleon, Hitler and Mussollini. However this cycle is very much bigger than the 1930's, this is truly global. I suspect it won't be much local until we are shown a wonderful charismatic leader who will guide us through all this through a series of very radical steps.

I love it that all the good Lord asks us is to pray and trust. That we are in His hands. I am very,very surprised that at work no one seems to discuss any of this; its as though it simply is not happening. Its as though people are sleepwalking If the Church complains about the plans that will be presented to the world, many of them very, very immoral, I don't think there will be much support for the Church. People will do anything to feel safe. Already we see in Italy the Government drfting towards extremism, a new facism.

4. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Padraig,
    I looked at the prophesy site from the man from Iceland and there is a link there to someone warning about a great deception about UFO's that will be manifested this October. Funny thing a friend told me a fes weeks ago that some one told her that there would be something seen in the sky on October 14th. I dont know if this will happen or not but you can see that something satanic like that would take many away from the church.
    In God we trust. Thanks for sharing your dream. I will pray better.

Mary

5. Lee

Lee Principalities

Twice in prayer yesterday I had sights of disturbance but didn't know what they meant. One was a field of grain, beautiful glowing in the sun, then a very fierce wind came howling through it.
    Next was a city landscape that began undulating...I could only assume a great sea of change was upon us.
    Lee

6. padraig

padraig New Member

It maybe Mary the UFO's are to distract us from the genuine signs Satan knows are shortly to be manifest.

I take the filed of corn to be the faithful disturbed by the winds of great change.

I was looking at the news of the stock markets...it would make your eyes boogle...

7. Rain

Rain Powers

It seems a lot of time passes between God's prophecies and the actual event. Maybe what you were shown, Padraig, is a ways away?

8. padraig

padraig New Member

I have no idea as to times and dates Deanna.

but beofre the full Persecution comes two things have to happen first, a Church Schism and one world government, or at least world Governments acting as one.

You can see in countries like Canada and India persecution stepping up rapidly. As to World Government the present combined actions by world Governments to fight the Financial Crisis will spread.

Certainly we will see the Great Persecution, a key part of The Tribulation in our own life times.

Events are moving so rapidly now, just as Our Lady as implied in her messages, she speaks again and again with a very great sense of urgency. I think this is the strongest indication that there is not much time.

9. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Padraig, I am catching up on some of the threads,

I agree that we have entered the [lesser] tribulation, and perecution will be one
    of the signs.

Is your understanding that persecution comes before or after the warning and
    miracle?

Garabandal

10. padraig

padraig New Member

It is said that there are more people dying for the Faith at the present minute than in the entire history of the Church.However I don't believe persecution will get into full flow until Schism in the Church makes it possible by weakening it.

I was thinking in some ways we already have two Churches already at the minute, the Faithful remnant and the folks who are making it up as they go along. :shock:

I don't know if the full persecution will come before or after the warnimg, I am no good at time lines.

11. padraig

padraig New Member

But I always liked Ron Conte's he put such intense study into very good sources.

12. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I agree Padraig,

Although R. Conte can be very dogmatic at times
    you have to admire his courage. His commitment
    to Bible translation and the self-discipline to do that
    can only be a grace and I think that it does give him
    an understanding of Holy Scriptures 'beyond the
    ordinary'. God Bless Ron Conte!

The reason I asked is because I am beginning to doubt
    the warning date as soon [i.e. this Easter]:
    I think there may have to
    be further tribulations before the warning comes.
    The Garabandal visionaries all mentioned that Communism
    would return before the warning and that priests would have
    to go into hiding and Mass would be hard to find [Russia
    was specifically mentioned in this regard]

13. padraig

padraig New Member

Darrell has some ideas of the sate of the warning,

14. Seán

Seán New Member

A quick note of advice: whether we believe or not that the Warning will happen this Easter, please be open minded about it, because if we readily discount Ron Conte's interpretation and convince ourselves that it will happen later, it could happen that Conte may be correct and the Warning would occur on Good Friday, and we would have lost valuable time for preparation.

I am trying to prepare as if the Warning were tomorrow.

It would show a lack of faith if members were to state after it happens that they were surprised and shocked of its suddenness. Conte has done his best to weedle out a date for us. I'm giving him a chance and taking him very seriously.
    As Padraig and others have noted, I honestly believe 2009 is going to be a year of monumental change throughout the world.

Good Friday is the best day of the year in terms of repentance. That's when a warning like the one we're going to get will have the most impact. It also happens to be the 100th day of the year, in the year of St Paul (Acts Ch 9) which is 2009, of course.

I sincerely hope that everybody gives this date at least a little bit of attention, because it is the most fitting one we have at this point. Not that being preoccupied with dates is important, but it would be foolish to reject the amount of study and preparation Ron Conte has put into this date.

I, for one, hope it happens then, because God knows it is needed very badly in the world today.

Sean

15. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Sean,
    I am open minded about the possibility but I am not pinning everything on that date. Like Garabandal said the pre conditions as given by Conchita dont seem to be evident at the moment but then things could change very quickly. I agree I think 2009 is going to be a year of momentus change whether or not the warning happens on good friday. I am not definitively telling anybody that they should expect the warning on good friday, If this day is not correct then the damage to faith and to credibility of anyone telling people such a date is damaged and what you say after that is ignored. Its very important I agree to prepare but I am not sure about Ron Conte's interpretation. Time will tell. I do admire his courage on pinning himself to the mast and he has put an immense amount of work into his research. His discussion on this has also helped us to focus on coming events and this has to be commended.
    I am praying daily for conversion of my family and my country. If God wishes them to know about the possibility of Good Friday then they will know. I trust He will hear my prayer and convert them before or after the warning.

God bless
    Mary

16. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Sean, I would be delighted if the Warning comes on
    Good Friday. The world need it badly and the sooner
    the better as far as I am concerned.

I fear the Warning but I look forward to it. I was born in 1963
    right in the middle of the Garabandal events. Those alive
    at the time of the Warning are blessed to be living at a time
    of divine intervention in world affairs. For me it will
    be the pivotal moment of my entire life - and God
    has been preparing all of us for that moment, in that instant
    the light of God will penetrate to the marrow of our spirits and
    souls revealing our defects, the sins that run deep, and of course,
    the many sins of ommision.

It is also a pivotal moment in world history as the power of Satan
    will be broken, and soveriegn God will manifest His awesome power.
    The Father will chasten his children and many will come running home.

The reason I urge caution is that having re-read some of my Garabandal
    material the visionaries most definitely stressed a period of 'tribulation'
    immediately before the Warning and they called it Communism.

17. Seán

Seán New Member

Yes, the visionaries did say that there would be communism before the Warning, but it must be spiritual communism that Our Lady was referring to. Political communism, akin to that of the old Soviet Union of the 20th century, and still prevalent in some far eastern countries today, mainly in the nations of China, North Korea, Vietnam, Laos and Cuba, is certainly very destructive to the Catholic Christian faith, and indeed to all faiths in the world.

But given today's context, if there were to be a scourge of political communism before the warning, most or all of the Western capitalist nations in the world today would have to fundamentally change their governments in such a radical way. It wouls involve not just changing a few laws here and there, all of the social and political structures that we have incorporated into our lives would have to be radically torn apart and rebuilt upon communist principles.

Let's take a relatively short time period of, say, twenty years. If political communism were to become a major force in the West, it would have to sweep all across Europe, the US, the UK, Japan, Australia, and all other relatively powerful nations with capitalist principles. This is very unlikely in these nations at any rate, given the apparent success of capitalism up until now, and within the 20 year timeframe, near impossible. The mindset of the West is such today that for any communist ideas to dominate in any significant way, it would be through gradual assimilation, a process that would take decades at least.

If, perchance, it did happen, and political communism raged throughout the Western world in about 20 years time, how would it relate to the prophecies about the Warning? Conchita said there would only be three more popes and then the Warning would happen: John XXIII, JP1, JP2. Therefore, unless Conchita is wrong, the Warning must happen within the reign of Benedict XVI.
    Concita was born in 1949, this year she will be sixty. If political communism were to sweep the west, she would be very old indeed when it would materialise fully.
    Joey Lomangino is currently in his late seventies. It is also very unlikely that he would last until this period of time. He was told that he would regain his sight at the Miracle.

I believe that it was religious communism, or spiritual communism that Our Blessed Mother was referring to. This, on the contrary, can be clearly seen in our world today.

'Equal rights' - abortion, homosexuality, contraception; these all bltantly ignore and refute the roles that God ordains for us in Sacred scripture. Each one of us, be we man, woman or child, has our own role in the eyes of the Church. Since we are all different, unique creations of God with unique souls, the concept of autonomous roles and rights is nonsense. It is also present when people attempt to take roles not willed for them by God, e.g. female priests and bishops.

"The holy faith of God being forgotten, each individual will want to be guided by himself and to be superior to his peers." -- Our Lady at La Salette

I believe that this was the communism that Our Lady was referring to, and in many ways it has already set the stage for the Warning.

Seán

18. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Here is the piece on Communism and tribulation before the Warning

On the two nights preceding the feast of Corpus Christi in 1962, the young seers of Garabandal had visions; but the visions they saw on these nights were far different from the ones they had become accustomed to seeing. They were heard screaming in terror as future events unfolded before their eyes. At the Virgin's request, the onlookers were to keep at a distance and this injunction was faithfully observed. But even though farther away, the girls' screams were so terrifying that shock-like currents rippled through the huddled crowd causing tremendous fear. Witness Manolin Diez said these unearthly screams were not the normal screams of 12 and 13 year old girls.

The second night was the worst as the visionaries saw scenes of the Chastisement God will send if the world does not change after the Warning and Miracle. Since the Chastisement will be the subject of the last part in this series we will say no more about it now.

Our focus here is on what the girls saw the first of these two nights which have come to be called las Noches de los Gritos — the Nights of Screams. On that first night, they saw the time before the Warning, a time of great trial for the Church and the world.

Conchita was not present with the other three on this first night. She had a bad knee so her mother did not allow her to go out. Interestingly enough, she went into ecstasy in her house anyway and fell to her knees with such force that they started to bleed. It is unlikely that she saw the same things as the others although some of the revelations seem to have been imparted to her as well. Later, in subsequent visions, she will learn more.

PERSECUTION
    Their tear-stained faces and incoherent speech immediately afterwards attested to the trauma experienced by Jacinta, Mari Loli and Mari Cruz during the first night of screams and it doesn't appear that they gave any details of what they experienced for quite some time.
    Mari Loli seems to have been the first to speak about it when in 1967, she provided information to a Mexican priest, Father Gustavo Morelos. Three years later, the same information, in the possession of Maria Saraco, had been written down and confirmed by Mari Loli with her own signature. It reads as follows:

In spite of continuing to see the Virgin, [during the first night of screams] we saw a great multitude of people who were suffering intensely and screaming in terror. The Blessed Virgin explained to us that this great tribulation, which was not even the Chastisement, would come because a time would arrive when the Church would appear to be on the point of perishing. It would pass through a terrible trial. We asked the Virgin what this great trial was called and she told us it was "communism." [SHE WENT IN HASTE TO THE MOUNTAIN by Eusebio Garcia de Pesquera, O.F.M. Cap.]

This first revelation about communism would be expanded upon further by the visionaries in later years.
    According to Garabandal, communism will again be a force to be reckoned with in one final attempt at world domination. On September 29, 1978, Father Francis Benac, S.J., interviewed Mari Loli at her home in Massachusetts. Here are some of the questions and answers pertinent to our subject.

FATHER BENAC: Did the Blessed Virgin speak of communism?
    MARI LOLI: Our Lady spoke several times about communism. I don't remember how many times, but she said that a time would come when it would seem that communism had mastered or engulfed the whole world. I think it was then that she told us that priests would have difficulty saying Mass, and talking about God and divine things.
    FR. BENAC: Did Our Lady ever speak of people being put to death?
    LOLI: What Our Lady said was that priests would have to go into hiding but I didn't see whether they were being killed or not. She didn't exactly say they would be killed, but I'm sure they would be martyred.
    FR. BENAC: Your mother told me that one night you were upstairs with your father and that you cried and cried for one hour. Afterwards your father said to her: "I have just seen the most touching sight. Loli was crying the whole time while saying, 'Oh, it's going to be like that? People are going to suffer like that? Oh, make me suffer!'" Do you remember what you said at the time?
    LOLI: It was all related to communism and what is going to happen in the Church and to the people because all these things are to have repercussions amongst the people. When the Church suffers confusion, the people are going to suffer too. Some priests who are communists will create such confusion that people will not know right from wrong.[THE CALL OF GARABANDAL, Apr-Jun 1984.]

HOW EXTENSIVE WILL IT BE?
    What geographic areas will experience this communist persecution? Some references have been made specifically to Spain.
    On February 23, 1943, Sister Lucy, the sole surviving seer of the Fatima apparitions who spent 21 years in Spain at Tuy and Pontevedra, sent a statement to Bishop Antonio Garcia of Tuy-Vigo which read: "If the bishops of Spain listen to the desires already manifested by Our Lord, and begin a true reform of the people and clergy, then it I will go well. But if not, she (Russia) will again be the enemy by which God will punish her once more."[SHE WENT IN HASTE TO THE MOUNTAIN] And Conchita has said that communism will return to Spain, [Garabandal—Nuevo Pentecostes, 1984.] but she went on to say that it will suffer less than other areas of Europe because of the persecution it had already endured during the Spanish Civil War (1936-39) where 13 bishops and more than 7,000 priests and religious were put to death.

Would the persecution just be in Europe? When Loli was asked that question she responded that the way she saw it, she thought it would be more than that. Conchita's Aunt Antonia testified to having heard the visionaries say in ecstasy that "if we don't amend our ways, Russia will take possession of the whole world." [GARABANDAL — EL PUEBLO HABLA by Ramon Perez.] If that be the case, then the persecution will in all likelihood go beyond the confines of Europe. But it appears that Europe will feel the brunt of it as the following excerpt from Garabandal-Der Zeigefinger Gottes by Albrecht Weber indicates:
    Conchita mentioned that Padre Pio, during her visit with him, said to her "The great wonder of God [Miracle] must be paid for with much blood throughout Europe." [Since this information is new to many English readers we contacted Mr. Weber to confirm the source. He responded that Conchita mentioned it in the presence of his mother, Eloise Deguia and himself, and that his mother wrote it down word for word.]

HOW WILL IT END
    With no human force able to stop the persecution, God will have to intervene. Jacinta told Frenchmen Ramon Perez and Jacques Serre in 1979: "These difficult events will take place before the Warning because the Warning itself will occur when the situation will be at its worst."
    This is corroborated in Father Brennan's article: "But then, as if to fulfill what Jesus said, 'Unless those days be shortened no flesh shall survive,' there will be a direct Divine intervention, both amazing and terrible, that will completely reverse the course of world events."
    An excerpt from the above mentioned German book further informs us:
    Mrs. [Christine] Bocabeille then asked Mari Loli: "If you are not allowed to tell me the exact year [of the Warning], perhaps you could tell me approximately when it will happen."
    "Yes, it will be at that time when the world will most need it."
    "When is that?"
    "When Russia will unexpectedly and suddenly overrun and overwhelm a great part of the free world. God does not want this to happen so quickly. In any case the Warning will come when you will see that Holy Mass cannot be celebrated freely anymore; then it will be that the world will most need the intervention of God."

We don't know when all this will happen, but Albrecht Weber's book contains this statement attributed to Conchita: "The pope will go to Russia, to Moscow. As soon as he returns to the Vatican, hostilities will break out in different parts of Europe." [The source for this information was also requested. Mr. Weber responded: "Conchita said this in a long conversation at her house on November 14,1965."]

TO SUM IT UP
    A worldwide communist takeover led by Russia will appear to have succeeded and in the midst of this frightful aggression will be a harrowing persecution of the Church. Priests will have to go into hiding, the churches boarded up and it will become very difficult for the faithful to practice their religion. It will seem as though the Church had disappeared. The duration of this persecution is not known but it will take an act of God, the Warning, to stop it.

19. Mario

Mario Powers

Practical considerations.

Garabandal,

Thanks for that informative post. In attempting to time the Warning, charity is of utmost importance. For years, I have seen Protestant infighting regarding endtime events. We're not there; let's keep it that way. Besides, most of us are attempting to prepare spiritually as Our Lady has requested. That is what is crucial.

Is Russia in a position to accomplish such a goal? She invaded Georgia earlier this year. That was a short-term incursion which made no huge demands on Russian forces. It has been questioned if she could mount a large invasion. On the other hand, Russia still possesses a nuclear arsenal. I don't know whether or not she would actually use it. Finally, Russia is in a dispute with Ukraine and has cut off natural gas to that country. This could have significant repurcussions on Europe.

It should be noted that this week Russia has extended its Presidential term to six years. Putin is obviously consolidating power through his handpicked successor, Medvedev. Putin, now Prime Minister, is a dangerous man. Though European armed forces are weak, they have NATO for protection (read USA).

IMHO, for Russia to invade Europe, it would be necessary for the removal of US retaliation. :shock: As we have said before, 2009 looks to be a pivotal year.

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

20. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Mario, thanks for your considered post,

I agree wholeheartedly that we all must prepare
    and convert as our Lady asks., this is priority.

I do think that we have entered the period of the
    lesser tribulation. Heaven does not view earthly
    events in a political way so I do think that our Lady
    was referring to 'spiritual communism'. The fruit of
    Communism is athiestic humanism and we see that
    all around us so Garabandal rings true in that regard.

But on the first night of screams the girls were given a
    vision of a period of 'tribulation' for the Church, persecution, priests
    in hiding, Mass supressed BEFORE the warning came.
    This is what I find hard to reconcile with the warning coming soon,
    that these events have not happened yet.

I remain open to the warning in 2009 since the liturgical
    year that we are living through commemorating 'St Paul' fits perfectly
    with the warning.