The Synod has started....

Discussion in 'Pope Francis' started by Mac, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Any sites we can use to discuss one of the most important Synods of our time?

Praetorian and Amazing Grace like this.
  2. Mac

3. Mac

Different people might see it differently...

At the end of the briefing, the panel was asked if the question of the admission of divorced and remarried Catholics to the Eucharist was still open to discussion. Archbishop Maria Celli, President of the Pontifical Council of Social Communication, said that the issue was open. “It is open on a pastoral level but remember what the Pope said about doctrine,” he said. Asked if the reception of the Eucharist by divorced and remarried persons was a “doctrine or a discipline” Archbishop Paul-Andre Durocher of Gatineau, Quebec, replied saying that different people may see this differently and that it was part of the work of the Synod to discuss this.http://www.news.va/en/news/synod-on-the-family-press-briefing-day-2

4. jerry

jerry Guest

Good question. Am aware that within this forum discussion is unlikely and unlikely to be good for ones health.

5. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

Thank you, Mac, for posting the link to the Vatican site which gives news on each day's work. Discussion on the synod is I think best kept until it has finished although I doubt that we will be able restrain ourselves until then!

I particularly liked Pope Francis words from his opening address to the assembly:

Dear brothers, as I have said, the Synod is not a parliament in which to reach a consensus or a common accord there is recourse to negotiation, to deal-making, or to compromise: indeed, the only method of the Synod is to open up to the Holy Spirit with apostolic courage, with evangelical humility and confident, trusting prayer, that it might be He, who guides us, enlightens us and makes us put before our eyes, with our personal opinions, but with faith in God, fidelity to the Magisterium, the good of the Church and the Salus animarum.

http://www.news.va/en/news/pope-francis-full-text-of-remarks-at-synod-opening

Jeanne, Mac, hope and 2 others like this.
  6. David

I know that the TLIG pilgrimage is in Rome this year (and this month). Are you there? I remember that Vassula said that Jesus had a message for the prayer group in Rome.

I appreciate your long-time work on the TLIG site

mothersuperior7 likes this.
  7. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

I've commented on this on another thread: http://motheofgod.com/threads/vassula-ryden.8128/#post-103373
    (and no, I'm not in Rome for this pilgrimage :))

8. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Quite on synod front...any updates good or bad?

:)

9. Mac

I have seen a few reports. Probably best to keep praying .

View attachment 3566

Praetorian and Julia like this.
  10. Heidi likes this.
  11. padraig

padraig Powers

Some things are better understood from A Spiritual distance. Through the lens of prayer.

This is not a political convention or some kind of football match.

The Holy Father is right.

Give it time and prayer.

It's true the devil is very active there. But so too is the Holy Spriit.

Pray, hope and don't worry.

We need all of us a certain humilty..

View attachment 3567

PotatoSack, RoryRory and bflocatholic like this.
  12. fallen saint

Yes...but even withen the disciples and cardinals there was debate. The issue is when one tries to be the guerrilla in the room. Great heresies have all been disputed with debate. There is a difference between spiritual silence and spiritual debate. Our Holy Father invited the most liberal Cardinals for that very reason.

There is a balance to everything :)

:)

13. fallen saint

And with debate there is a learning curve. How did Jesus teach...by asking a question. Then the debate would begin.

Just seems like we are missing out on a major event by not talking about it. It will pass and it will mean little to most...unless they are informed about whats going on, who is on which side and which Cardinals fought for traditional teachings.

All of that is lost if we hide in prayer. I am the first to push for prayer but to deny discussion is not what the Holy Spirit is about.

:(

RetrouvailleMan likes this.
  14. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

When Jesus was working with His Apostles, from time to time He took them aside and had a little Synod with them. Where they were able to ask Him questions and clarify matters they experienced.

He did not have these discussions in front of everyone.

I feel we need to pray for Holy Father, since this Synod is just like the times Jesus took His Apostles aside to discuss things in private and bring clarity in the light of Holy Spirit.

Holy Father must feel like he is all alone in the midst of a storm. But unlike in Jesus time, in the present day some Apostles seem to have come to believe they have more power than God has bequeathed to them.

Cardinals and Bishops need to unite in Holy Obedience to Holy Father.

Or how in Gods' name can they expect Priests, and Faithful to be in obedience to them.

kathy k likes this.
  15. Infant Jesus of Prague

Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

FS... If we had an open forum on the Synod it would be NO different now than it was before the Synod. Few would quote direct sources to the Synod but would rely on secular accounts or radical so called catholic sources on the Synod.... wheel spinning to me, been there done this before.

kathy k likes this.
  16. padraig

padraig Powers

As St Paul said:

1 Corinthians 2:1

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

kathy k likes this.
  17. padraig

padraig Powers

I'm not running away from anything I am; rather running towards it.

You are very much mistaken.

I will address this thread tomorrow

Till then may God forgive you

18. Infant Jesus of Prague

Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

No ones running away! I believe!!!! Why argue over a Synod that isn't over....We can argue when its done. Its sooooo point less beforehand to me.

hope and kathy k like this.
  19. padraig

padraig Powers

Exactly

20. little me

little me Archangels

There's Whatisupwiththesynod.com. Ann Barnhardt and Hillary White both write on there. Not for everyone though.

Mac likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.