THE SYNOD 2015

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Blue Horizon, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infant Jesus of Prague

Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

Thanks for letting me know Brian, I didn't have a clue till now we had thirds?

Brian, what does me and you or anyone else arguring over press accounts over the Synod do for any of us UNTIL the synod is over? Its ALL he said/ she said until then

2. BrianK

BrianK Guest

The law of thirds applied several generations ago. Maybe now its quarters or less. A quarter orthodox, a quarter heterodox and 2/4 in the middle. Maybe less than a quarter when the orthodox Remnant is being persecuted on the other side.

As far as waiting, everyone who is wholly orthodox and sees what's going on behind the scenes is encouraging the Faithful to fight now to defend the Faith, not wait. There's a reason for that.

3. Infant Jesus of Prague

Im sorry, how does my FAITH change the day after doomsday? My Curch and Priest is no longer there or they are now stripped of all Priestly functions?

And the rebel yell and signed petitions, Is this why papa Francis came to America?

sit back, have NO fear and relax, enjoy life for a change

4. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Whichever way the synod goes, right or left, there will be a threat of fracture. The Germans have said as much. The Swiss just held a congress of bishops (perhaps that's not the correct term) and they are leaning toward a new interpretation as well, even possibly recognizing homosexual partnerships. The New Zealanders lean this way also. The Poles and the Eastern Rites held a meeting over the summer and said they will not change if the Church does.

I feel sorry for Pope Francis, if he goes left or right. Traditionalist or Modernist he faces a fractured Church. Let us all pray because in truth there is only one Church and one truth and they belong to Christ, not us.

Basto and hope like this.
  5. Infant Jesus of Prague

Im going for a nap.... if you want to war against papa Francis that's NOT a noble idea, BUT?

Do all of you know with a 100% guarantee papa Francis isn't the Pope? If you die today, can you FACE the Lord and laugh at Francis?

6. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

Hi Brian,
    Those thirds and quarters have always been the way:
    (1), some fell on the side of the road and were eaten by birds,
    (2), some fell on rocky ground and were scorched,
    (3), some fell on thorny ground and were choked.
    These grounds and divisions count for nothing.
    (4)What counts is the good soil that nourishes Our Holy Father, a soil that he invites the whole world to share. The invitations have been delivered; RSVP.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2015
  7. BrianK

BrianK Guest

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2015/09/grea...of-last-years-synod-on-the-family-fr-z-rants/
    Great analysis of the “spin” of last year’s Synod on the Family. Fr. Z rants.
    [​IMG]
    BUY THIS KINDLE BOOK NOW!

Synod Fatigue is sure to be setting in now, if it hasn’t already.

Just wait. It’ll get worse.

But you must stay focused. Don’t tune out Synod news.

“But Father! But Father!”, some will say, “It’s all too much! I just can’t take it any more. It’s too depressing. Besides, we can’t do anything about it and it just makes me sad and scared.”

Good. I want you to be sad and scared.

I want you to feel some anxiety. Use your apprehension to stay focused on the issues. You must be ready and willing to talk about them with clarity in your own spheres of influence, to set matters straight, to correct errors in MSM reports and in the catholic media, to encourage others. You must have some anxiety fuel going for you to sustain you in the onslaught of articles and books that will flood your consciousness.

You must fast and pray before, during and after the Synod. These are weapons of the spiritual life that accomplish mighty things in the spiritual battlefield we now tread.

I want you to be a little angry, with a clean anger, and a little frightened, but not paralyzed, so that you will stay frosty and focused, so that you will have the wherewithal to sustain fasting and prayer.

That said…

Here is great analysis from Austin Ruse (of CFAM) at Crisis (which is turning out to be better and better). My emphases and comments:

picadillo, Praetorian, Basto and 2 others like this.
  8. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Same old arguments...gets kinda boring. I think i like BH better then this nonsense.

Brother al

9. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

I guess that Brother Al , is why the Church is gonna get very small.:(

picadillo and Basto like this.
  10. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

I had forgotten about Kaspar caught telling lies . What a terrible Cardinal. How can anyone defend him?

picadillo and Basto like this.
  11. Basto

Basto Guest

[​IMG]
    We are living in the apex of the 3rd secret of Fatima, I have no doubts about that… “The final confrontation between the Lord and Satan” is being battled “over family and marriage" here in this world, in this historical moment. Nobody can remain out of this confrontation, everybody is fighting at this crucial moment, in one way or in another, for the victory of one of the sides, but we know in advance which one “will triumph”. However, that foretold victory must happens only “in the end”, so we must be pepared for the worst.

The October’s Miracle is a symbolic vision of the October’s Synods, very difficult to understand 98 years ago. The sun, meaning the Truth or the Light, is “dancing”, “spinning around” and it has moved from its place in the sky. This is the worst punishment that we could get from God. This “dancing of the sun” has brought us darkness over our souls. It looks like that the big star is going to “fall up on us”, making a lot of a damage. Everybody is getting “wet and muddied” in this storm, how can we not see that? But, “in the end”, everybody will be clean and dry, the weather shall be beautiful and the sun will shine bright in the same place where always has been, even before the humankind got to knew it.

Unfortunately, not everybody will last until that great spring. For those who don’t accept to see the Truth there is no remedy. That’s what we have been told at Fatima.

The model of the Holy Family is the only one that we are invited to follow, like always has been, even if that means a heavy cross on our shoulders, that’s the only and rugged path to Heaven. God help us because that’s really not easy at all.

[​IMG]

12. little me

little me Archangels

Does the soldier on the field of battle stop to smell the roses? Some take their battle seriously. Last things, contemplate the 4 Last Things.

13. Basto

Basto Guest

You can also add the Portuguese bishops to your list. Thank God!

According to the newspaper "Sol", last 31st of July, a leak from the last Episcopal Conference of Portugal, that took place in April, revealed that a majority of Portuguese bishops, headed by Dom Manuel Clemente, Patriarch of Lisbon, rejected Kasper’s proposal.

This is not "gossip", it has been confirmed by Dom Manuel Clemente himself when questioned by the Portuguese Catholic Radio station.

[​IMG]

That's not really a surprise , is it?

In Portugal, the dogma of the faith will always be preserved etc. [3rd secret] Don't tell this to anyone, except Francisco; you can tell him.” (Our Lady at Fatima, 1917)

Praetorian likes this.
  14. Eamonn

Eamonn Guest

For those who speak with Hardened Hearts i really do despair for you, please picture yourself standing in front of the Lord on the last day at your final Judgement. How will you feel when the Lord shows you your Hard Hearted words and Judges you with the same Hard Heart that you have Judged Cardinal Kasper, it is not your Job to Judge as much as you may think it is. Do you ever think about the words you say to God when you are praying, THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN. God is going to Judge in Heaven the same way you Judged Cardinal Kasper on Earth and look down on you with the same Contempt, Disrespect, and Lack of love in your souls. AND FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASS AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US as Pope Francis keeps telling us there is no TRUTH without love and looking through this thread you will see a distinct lack of love for some members of our Curia and for each other may God forgive us all.

15. BrianK

BrianK Guest

Some folks are more "merciful" towards those who are trying to tear down the teachings of the Church than those who are trying to defend orthodoxy. And they attempt to hide this by attacking those who defend the Faith.

FYI - People can see right through this.

16. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

This is so important Basto and everyone!!!
    I wasn't thinking about that quote:

In Portugal, the dogma of the faith will always be preserved etc. (Our Lady at Fatima, 1917)

This tiny sentence tells us so much to benefit us spiritually in this confusing time. First it strongly hints that the dogma will not be preserved everywhere, hence there will be an attempt to change it. Secondly if you are unsure what is the correct thing to believe when changes come just look to Portugal. Whichever way it goes is the right side of the fence to be standing on because Our Lady Herself said this. It is funny how I have read this sentence a hundred times, but it never made as much sense as right now.

Thank you Basto.

Basto likes this.
  17. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Justice vs Mercy

One extreme everyone goes to heaven, the other extreme everyone goes to hell.

Brian,

You are one of these extremes and you show a total lack of faith. Do you not think God is in charge. Can any good come from your continuous banter. All it does is cause confusion and lead many away from the church. It would be a blessing if you actually started reading Our Holy Fathers words and actions. He is very conservative and traditional Pope.

But what he is not is a extremist.

Brother al

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  18. Eamonn

Eamonn Guest

Brian Brian Brian you have been busting a gut since January trying to start this debacle and all you have succeeded in doing is spreading confusion and discontent on the Forum. Padraig had to stop you a couple of times because of your harsh unforgiving words but you have never stopped trying to bring your own spin and you own misconceived ideas to the Fore and you have succeeded.
    Everyone on the Forum knows that a proper Debate can not take place until the Synod has taken place and then we can all sit down and see what has been proposed what has been accepted and what it means for the Church. No matter what we do or say now will have any effect on the outcome of the Synod and all we are doing now is argueing over your proposed Hypostasis and what YOU think it means. IN other words you have been Gossip Bombing all year about this, yourself and the the other Gossip Bombers have only wanted to talk about Cardinal Kasper and Our Pope. The debate was supposed to be about the FAMILY and the Church which you seem to have clean forgot about, you are more interested in spreading Malicious Gossip so please stop. I laughed to myself when in the post above you talk about being MERCIFUL lol, you are the one who is kidding nobody all anyone has to do is to go the the Thread and read how MERCIFUL your posts have been to both Cardinal and POPE.

19. picadillo

picadillo Powers

In Brian's defense, sorry, Eamonn you say there is no "TRUTH without love" and I say there is NO love without the truth. I am not sure on the difference but here goes. So far I am excited yet at the same time extremely disappointed in this pontificate. Our pope is the most humble and loving man I have ever seen. Now here it comes, so far his visit and the prep for his coming have been nothing short of pandering to the left. I ask, where is the truth? President O Bama and all you lefties, what about those planned parenthood videos and infanticide, not to mention "just" abortion"? Does not this cry to the heaven's for justice? Is he just going to continue to pander and not tell them the TRUTH? As far as the left-wing O Bama agenda of the homosexual agenda, how do you like it when they are pushing your 7 year old daughter/son about condoms and all types of perverted sexual behavior? when is Pope Francis going to tell them the truth about this? How can we , as catholics, love any of these people without telling them the truth? Is there a hell? Do people really go there? Why? But wait a minute, there is global warming..........sheesh....

BrianK and little me like this.
  20. Infant Jesus of Prague

Pic,
    don't know if you watched Papa Francis and Obamas speeches at the White House greeting to papa.
    Papa Francis clearly spoke on reliegous Freedom and the Family. Obama bowed his head low several times while squirming in his chair.
    Secular headlines at the moment are focused on papas' climate change remarks. Nothing regarding his Family remarks and religious Liberty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.