The Putinist Christian values in pictures

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Basto, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Basto

Basto Guest

Thanks Carol. I'm going to listen that now during my night walking in the dark roads of my village as it is not raining now.

SteveD, AED, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  2. Basto

Basto Guest

Very good, really worth listening to. (y)

AED and Carol55 like this.
  3. Basto

Basto Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2022
    SteveD and Carol55 like this.
  4. Basto

Basto Guest

5. Basto

Basto Guest

6. Basto

Basto Guest

7. Basto

Basto Guest

Luan Ribeiro, SteveD and Carol55 like this.
  8. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Lord have mercy on all of us.
    This is so horrific.
    I'm praying for the dead and their families. +

9. Basto

Basto Guest

This short preaching from the Franciscan Friars is also worthy to listen:

Luan Ribeiro, SteveD and Carol55 like this.
  10. Basto

Basto Guest

11. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Basto, Thank you, this is very good. It is a very good reminder that we need to pray for our enemies also and forgive them.

I try to look at a lot of things as a test and I ask myself if I am choosing heaven or hell? I never keep on trying although I know that I have my moments of weakness, that is for sure.

The test for Ukraine right now is tremendous and the test for those Russian soldiers that this priest speaks of in the beginning of his homily is great too. This war is a test for all of us but the test is likely to get even more difficult for everyone. I am praying that we all pass this test and all of the other tests that come our way in life so that we can go home to heaven someday.

On that note, we should listen to what Saint Jacinta told us in regard to WWII which this priest mentions. As scary as it may be it is important for us to reflect on these things. This link discusses this also https://www.bluearmy.com/jacinta-vision-of-hell-changed-her-life/.

Thank you again.+

Edited to add:

Fatima Prophecy re. Russia - Fr. Mark Goring, CC
    Mar 11, 2022

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    Sam, Luan Ribeiro, Basto and 2 others like this.
  12. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I love the link about Jacinta thank you.:love:

Luan Ribeiro, Basto and Carol55 like this.
  13. Basto

Basto Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2022
    SteveD, Carol55 and Luan Ribeiro like this.
  14. Basto

Basto Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2022
    Carol55 and Luan Ribeiro like this.
  15. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Powers

I imagine it is almost as difficult to celebrate Holy Mass in Ukraine as it was at the time of total lockdowns the previous two years.

Carol55 and Basto like this.
  16. Basto

Basto Guest

That 'Z'...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2022
    Carol55 likes this.
  17. Basto

Basto Guest

Along with the 'V'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Carol55 likes this.
  18. Basto

Basto Guest

These are not true, they are from the dystopian movie "1984":

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Wow. You really gave my Russian a workout!

That 3rd photo, with the orange and black banner shaped like the English "Z", has the hashtag (begins with the English capital "C") that reads "We don't leave ours" (transliterated "svoikh ne brosayem"), or "No one left behind." That's the hashtag you're seeing on the billboards and tee-shirts. With the capital "Z" it's like a motto for the Russian units invading from the east.

These photos were more difficult, because neither Russian nor Ukrainian have the letters "Z" or "V". If you assume the "V" with the first two fingers of the hand is like what the Allies in WW2 used as "V for Victory", then you have the first photo (loosely translated) "for the boys"; the second photo is a hashtag of "strength (V for Victory) truth"; perhaps "Victory through Strength and Truth"? Transliterated, the first 4 letters are the word "sila" (strength), the "V", then the last 5 letters are "pravda" (truth).

The third photo, with the Z superimposed on the helicopter, reads "zakanchivayem voyny". While you can translate that as "end the war", in context (and so much of Russian is contextual) it's better translated as "We (will) finish the war."

The fifth photo shows a modern Russian soldier superimposed over a photo from the Great Patriotic War (WW2), showing Soviet soldiers advancing up a hill towards the Nazis, with the "Z" banner and the phrase "za pobedy" or "for victory." Nice way to link the past heroic war with today's war.

I hope these translations are sufficient and that they help non-Russian-speakers understand the messages that are being pushed on the public.

Basto and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  20. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Nice work!
    Spasebo

Basto likes this.