The New Mass

Discussion in 'Church Critique' started by padraig, Mar 4, 2017.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

It gets worse...
    https://anonimidellacroce.wordpress...-messa-alias-santa-memoria-di-fra-cristoforo/

"Drafts Part XIII: this is the heart of the new Mass, aka 'happy memory' 'of Fra Cristoforo
    Vedi tutti gli articoli di Anonimi della Croce
    [​IMG]
    "Drafts Part XIII: this is the heart of the new Mass, aka 'happy memory' 'of Fra Cristoforo

The private commission on change of the Mass is working on a Eucharistic prayer "ecumenical." That is, a Eucharistic prayer that does not report fully the words of Jesus at the Last Supper.
    But so it says, in no particular order.

And it is one that this author mentions: "A. Gelston, The Eucharistic Prayer of Addai and Mari ", from pages 121 to 123.
    And it would be this: "O Lord, in your mercy multiforme, have a good memory of the saints and righteous fathers, the prophets and apostles and martyrs and confessors, in commemoration of the Body and Blood of your Christ, that we have the pure and holy altar , as you taught us in his Gospel that gives life ... we too, O Lord, your servants, are gathered here before you, and who received from tradition the example that comes to you, rejoicing, praising and exalting and commemorating this mystery of the passion, death and resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Ago 'that your Holy Spirit, O Lord, come to rest on this offer of your servants to be for us to forgiveness of our sins and our shortcomings, by the resurrection from the dead and for the new life in the kingdom of heaven. And for your donation to us we thank you and glorify you in your Church redeemed by the precious Blood of your Christ to full voice and face uncovered, giving glory, honor, thanks and adoration to your holy name, now and always, forever and centuries. Amen "(From postsanctus Anaphora of Addai and Mari).

The anaphora of Addai and Mari is an ancient Eucharistic Prayer of the Eastern Church. But it does not report the correct words of consecration. And then it completely nothing Mass. This so-called "Eucharistic Prayer" will be forwarded to the new Mass, which is the "holy memory," which would allow Catholics, Lutherans and Anglicans to join in celebrating this pseudo rite.
    To the detriment of those who think that the above-mentioned "commission" is going slowly, and that these things never happen, know that on the other hand the reform of the Mass is at stake and how. Complete with phony Eucharistic prayer. That nullifies everything.
    In the prayer of Addai and Mari fact does not explicitly report the words of consecration (woe to not offend anyone). But they are reported and highlighted only as "commemoration." That is, a "remember." A "holy memory."

This has the terrible. Because I am sure that all of Bergoglio cautious have some concern about. But the change of the Mass, I assure you that is coming.
    Initially it presented as an additional formula. That is a fee to use on a voluntary basis, on occasion "ecumenical." But, then, it will be final. Like all things that makes the Argentine Jesuit.
    Comes the ecumenical service. He arrives. Stay rest assured. And what you have read is only the beginning.

among Cristoforo

2. SteveD

SteveD Archangels

Pope Francis has implied by his actions and words that he regards those outside the Church who believe themselves to be priests and ministers actually have authentic orders - see his asking 'Archbishop' Welby of Canterbury for his blessing and the instruction that a 'bishop' of an Anglican off-shoot, who was the Pope's friend, should be buried from a Catholic Church as a Catholic Bishop. He has also greeted a notorious 'prosperity gospel' preacher as though he were an equal in orders. So this news doesn't surprise me at all.

Many Anglicans regard Apostolic Succession as essential which they claim as do the Orthodox (the difference being that the Orthodox actually possess it). However the Lutherans don't claim it and don't believe that it is relevant along, of course, with most Protestant organisations. A move like this would alienate the Orthodox totally as it would the 'High Church' Anglicans. (Not to mention Catholics of course). This is a hornet's nest, he really is intent on making the mess that he recommended to those attending the World Youth Day. Don't allow anything to surprise you, expect the unexpected because it's coming in spades.

Beth B and sparrow like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

4. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

Yes, they are emboldened now and are not holding much back anymore with Pope Francis seemingly playing right into their hands... God have mercy...

Booklady and Beth B like this.
  5. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

It seems to me that he is one of the masterminds, actually..

6. padraig

padraig New Member

I am very much afraid so. There can be no doubt of it really. The alternative seems to be to suggest that he is some kind of gullible imbecile; something that is equally unpalatable. But, no, the guy's not stupid.

7. David Healy

David Healy St Pio Son

We've had the Holy Mass viciously abused before following Vatican II. Never again I say. They shall not pass. Let anyone tamper with the Holy Mass again at their peril.

AED, Booklady, Beth B and 4 others like this.
  8. SteveD

SteveD Archangels

About 25 years ago, I was in the Parish of an extraordinary priest (RIP). He had raised millions of pounds for his own 'third world' projects, he had funded expert nurses to invent a formula for quickly re-hydrating babies and infants in areas of water shortage and knew many prominent people (he advised Bob Geldof on how to ensure his funds actually reached the poor and he was a regular visitor to Eton College and several universities to lecture the future elite on their responsibilities as community leaders to the poor of their own country and the world). He had been a 'Peritus' (advisor) at the Vatican Council and was an expert Latinist and was still saying a weekly Latin Mass when it was virtually unknown elsewhere in the Archdiocese (I understand that the Archbishop queried this but quickly decided that discretion was the better part of valour - this man was not to be messed with).

This priest finished his homily one Sunday and then suddenly returned to the lectern and said (I cannot remember the exact words but am approximating) - 'You are going to see many bewildering changes in the Church in years to come but when they try to replace that (pointing to the crucifix) with the plain cross of the Protestants, then they will have made a step too far and the tide will turn'. I often think of his words which seemed to be such an unlikely prediction (prophecy?) at the time. Well time will tell (at the current rate of change, next Tuesday might be a good bet!)

AED, Booklady, Arantxa and 6 others like this.
  9. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I really need to subscribe to this channel. Thanks for linking these, I spend a whole lot of my spare time reading and trying to educate myself about the Tradition and Doctrines of the Church.

little me and Beth B like this.
  10. Heidi

Heidi Archangels

He sounds a lot like a very holy priest I knew, who told me that in my lifetime we would have to attend Mass in secret.

11. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Thank you for this. Very powerful

12. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Powerful

13. padraig

padraig New Member

There is something of the supernatural about the channel , 'Sensum Fidelium', on utube. It reminds me of when I first began reading and listened to Archbishop Fulton Sheen and listening to Mother Angelica. I had the strongest prayerful feeling, 'These people have been sent to us by God as saints for out times.

As we look back on the history of the Church we see that God has raised up men and women , outstanding in holiness to address the Churches needs, bind her wounds and lead us in light. We face the greatest crisis our Church has ever know.

Well God is at it again. But since this may be the greatest crisis, perhaps God is raising up his greatest saints?

Archbishop Fulton Sheen said a wonderful prophetic thing just before he died. He said we are living in the times of greatest challenge; but because of this we have greatest privledge and chance for holiness and grace. Only a saint could have such huge insight.

[​IMG]

“Hearing nuns' confessions is like being stoned to death with popcorn.”
    Fulton J. Sheen

:D:D:D

djmoforegon, Tanker, AED and 7 others like this.
  14. padraig

padraig New Member

We do live in a wonderful time. I get up every morning early about half past four and walk the dogs. This is the time of year when you get to see the early dawn. The stars are fading, darkness fleeing and the sun is rising in glory. This reminds me of the times we are in now.

The early dawn. A new day break. Night in its death throes.

[​IMG]

15. padraig

padraig New Member

Amos 5:8

He who made the Pleiades and Orion And changes deep darkness into morning, Who also darkens day into night, Who calls for the waters of the sea And pours them out on the surface of the earth, The LORD is His name.

Job 41:18

"His sneezes flash forth light, And his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.

2 Peter 1:19

So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts.

[​IMG]

AED, Booklady and sparrow like this.
  16. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Very often when I listen to the priests on Sensus Fidelium I feel as if I am listening to a Saint preaching.
    They are not just "good sermons".
    I feel "This must be what it was like to hear a man like St. John Vianney preach".

Tanker, AED, Ed Kleese and 3 others like this.
  17. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

I love that quote! I've never heard it before. It gave me a much needed chuckle. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

AED, Mary's child and sparrow like this.
  18. David Healy

David Healy St Pio Son

The four marks of the Church is that it is One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic. To encourage "decentralisation" in any form would seem to me to be promoting a weakening of this "Oneness". It is therefore an attack upon the Church. The Church is also Catholic, that is, universal. Again, to encourage "decentralisation" is to undermine the Church's catholicity. A Church cannot be said to be "universal" where there is sharp division in practice depending on which part of the world one is in, Poland, Germany, Malta, Argentina etc. Logically, any weakening of Unity and Catholicity would also amount to an assault on the Holiness of the Church and it's apostolic roots. Christ never encouraged division and surely any spirit suggesting division is not the Holy Spirit. All this is basic stuff. But important, vitally important in these confusing times. We are enjoined to "test" the spirit, to look carefully at the spirit which animates any word or action. We can be sure that anything which would amount to an attack on any of the four marks of the Church is not of the Holy Spirit but of the "god of surprises" aka Satan as our God is a God of order, harmony and coherence and NOT of capriciousness, disorder and division. Careful discernment is called for in these diabolically disoriented times where evil is called good and good, evil.

Let he who has ears to hear, hear.

19. little me

little me Archangels

Ahhhh, well said. It's so nice to read a perfectly logical post from someone who is obviously NOT confused. Why are so many people out there "confused"? Seems pretty basic to me: 1) Bergoglio's a liar 2) Don't listen to him 3) follow the faith of our fathers. Boom! Done. Easy-peasy. :cool:

Mary's child likes this.
  20. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Reading the Wikipedia page about Cardinal Ottaviani, one remark of during Vatican 11 stood out:

In one speech at the council, reacting to repeated mentions of "collegiality" of bishops, Ottaviani pointed out that the Bible only records one example of the apostles acting collegially - at the Garden of Gethsemane when "They all fled."

That Wikipedia page is worth reading. Apparently Pope Benedict went through a stage of being quite liberal which probably explains why Fr. Malachi Martin, knowing that he would be a hot-tip to succeed Pope John Paul 11, didn't make any exceptions to his scathing assessment of the likely contenders. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfredo_Ottaviani

Something else which strikes me as strange is that Fr. Martin was an assistant to Cardinal Bea who seems to have had a reputation for being quite liberal and was an ardent advocate of ecumenism, yet in later years Fr. Martin was very much an admirer of Cardinal Ottaviani and was very wary of the ecumenical route the Church had taken under St. John Paul.