The Mother of God Forum.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by padraig, Nov 30, 2023.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

So much of Tolkein is about betrayal from within. About Judases in high places. The very leader of the Wizards Saruman the White , turns to the Dark

Now who does that remind you of in Rome?

Byron and AED like this.
  2. Mario

Mario Powers

Thanks Mmary! I'm a Tolkien fan from way back. Makes me want to pick up Tolkien's masterpieces once more.

The key in our lives always is to ask what my role is in pushing back against the demonic endgame. Perhaps this book will help me better understand what that demonic endgame is. We each have our role, not in fleeing from the battle or simply talking about the current chaos, but in resisting JoeJerk and living the Gospel. Wisdom is needed, but most importantly: gumption. That could mean a contemplative prayer life, or visibly on the battleground at an abortion mill, or...? Certainly, helping to impact others at our local parish is key.

I must enlist in Our Lady's army and receive whatever marching orders pertain to me individually. Souls are being lost and I must not dally. (y):coffee:

Sanctus, Sam, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  3. Mmary

Mmary Archangels

The gist of Paul List's thesis is that Tolkien wrote a extremely sophisticated "fairy-tale" to make orthodox Catholic truths about good and evil, virtues and vices, as well as the development of the interior spiritual life, available and palatable to the masses. (A trojan horse of the good kind...) He was a contemporary of Alan Turing, a warped (SSA) fellow code-cracker during WW2, considered the originator of computer binary operating systems. Tolkien could see where the development of such soulless computer sciences, and Artificial Intelligence would take humanity. The author is extremely well read--philosophy, Church fathers, Aquinas, Augustine, and has credibly mapped the subtleties of Tolkien's prescient uber-Catholic allegory.

AED, Mario and LMF like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

I am really looking forward to reading this.