The Most Radical of Traditionalists

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by BrianK, Sep 29, 2016.

1. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

I'll follow St. Catherine of Siena's advice and remain loyal to the pope, even if he be the devil incarnate!

No pope of recent times has been pronounced guilty of formal heresy and who but someone of St. Catherine's stature could make that call?

Sam, djmoforegon and Carol55 like this.
  2. SOLADY

SOLADY Angels

However, he deserves considerable credit for taking his stand on Humanae Vitae you say? a stand with what?

"But the most remarkable development of all is to be seen in man's stupendous progress in the domination and rational organization of the forces of nature to the point that he is endeavoring to extend this control over every aspect of his own life—over his body, over his mind and emotions, over his social life, and even over the laws that regulate the transmission of life." (humanae vitae)

Human life came from God, belongs to God, and goes back to God. “You are not your own,” St. Paul declares. “You have been bought with a price” (1 Cor. 6:19–20)

3. SOLADY

SOLADY Angels

pronounced guilty by who? there very own?

“Proclaim the truth and do not be silent through fear.”
    Catherine of Siena
    “Nothing great is ever achieved without much enduring.”
    Catherine of Siena

We've had enough of exhortations to be silent! Cry out with a hundred thousand tongues. I see that the world is rotten because of silence.

St. Catherine of Siena

Even if [the Pope an incarnate devil], we ought not to raise up our heads against him, but calmly lie down to rest on his bosom... He who rebels against our Father is condemned to death, for that which we do to him we do to Christ: we honor Christ if we honor the Pope; we dishonor Christ if we dishonor the Pope.

St. Catherine of Siena

And of what should we be afraid? Our captain on this battlefield is Christ Jesus. We have discovered what we have to do. Christ has bound our enemies for us and weakened them that they cannot overcome us unless we so choose to let them. So we must fight courageously and mark ourselves with the sign of the most Holy Cross.

St. Catherine of Siena
    Born: March 25, 1347, Siena, Italy
    Died: April 29, 1380, Rome

then if they knew that why did they renounce the popes power here on earth? why did they usurp the church and create another? they are not roman catholic popes!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  4. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Solady, we will have to agree to differ.

5. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Pope Francis and all of the Popes since Vatican II are valid Popes. It was Infallibly defined at the Vatican I council that we will always have a Pope. We can have short periods even of a few years (as has happened in the past already) where there is no Pope, but if the Popes since Vatican II are not valid then neither would be any of the new Cardinals they appointed. The Cardinals are needed to elect a new Pope so it would be impossible to elect a new pontiff now. Thus it would mean the Papacy had come to an end. We know this cannot happen, hence the sedevacantist argument collapses.

Like them or not, every Pope since Vatican II is a true Pope.

Mac, DeGaulle, Sam and 2 others like this.
  6. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I like you Fallen Saint, but I wish you would stop blaming the SSPX for everything. If you knew anything about them at all you would know they are not sedevacatist. To imply that they are is just ignorant. The Pope has said they are Catholic. That should be good enough reasoning for you to stop your baseless calumny against them.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  7. BrianK

BrianK Proud2bRC Staff Member

Still trying to blame Saint Pope Pius X for all our troubles?

"The inanity, it burns..."

Here's a little SP10
    image.jpeg

Mac and little me like this.
  8. SOLADY

SOLADY Angels

it's ok too. im not offended; being in disagreement after all that's happened to us? only we are not to hate each other but love one another. this is us now here on earth! we are the church militant. we have to help each other across that bridge and make it home to Heaven. i want to make it dont you? then quit turning away from the true church! He is talking to us everyday He reminds us of His Majesty and power. He will see us through all this. He is the Head of our church. Just because there is no visible head on earth due to the popes renouncing Him (His See).

According to Catholic teaching, only bishops can ordain new bishops — this is how the apostolic succession is passed-on from generation to generation. If there are examples of invalid bishops ordaining other bishops, these new bishops are not valid bishops either but the chain of apostolic succession continues because He is the Head in Heaven!

Behold the birds of the air, for they neither sow, nor do they reap, nor gather into barns: and your heavenly Father feedeth them

Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you.

[​IMG]

i know where your coming from fallen saint. i too believe they are to blame for much of whats happened but thats just the tip of the iceberg!

9. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

It's important not to confuse illicit with invalid. For example SSPX ordinations are illicit , done without Vatican permission, but they are valid ordinations

10. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Ignorant...maybe.

But the Pope said they were Catholic, doesn't mean they say they are Catholic. You either follow or you don't. And right now the don't follow, therefore they are not Catholic. My issue is that sp10 is that they think...only they are right. There is no openness for the Holy Spirit.

But I guess I am ignorant.

:(

11. SOLADY

SOLADY Angels

12. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

If you honestly think the SSPX says they are not Catholic then you have no business posting about them because you obviously don't know anything at all about them.

They say they are Catholic and the Pope says they are Catholic, the bishops working with them to iron out their problems with Rome say they are Catholic.

You have no idea what you are talking about on this subject and your posts prove it.

Mac and little me like this.
  13. fallen saint

Do they follow the Chair of Peter?

:( :)

14. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Yes. The Pope just told them to open a seminary in ROME!
    Do you think he would do this if they were a breakaway sect?

Mac likes this.
  15. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Maybe this video will help answer your question FS.

16. fallen saint

A hour and 40 minutes...you are killing me. But I will watch this week. Thank you Mac.

Brother al

Mac likes this.
  17. Mac

Yeah ,2hrs is a bit of an ask. But this is the heart of the issues.:notworthy:

What I have noticed over the years is ,that whatever side of the debate most are on, .... they all have some respect and sympathy for Archbisop Lefeb. [except the modernists]

little me likes this.
  18. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

l thought you viewed Pope Francis as a modernist, Mac. The Pope's attitude to the group is totally consistent with his open approach to different Christian groupings, despite SSPX's 'reluctant' support for the Holy See. How about a 'well done Francis' from you?

19. Mac

His reaction to the group is consistent with a lot more than just Christian groupings.

Here is a recent video of the situation between Rome and the SSPX [Which I videoed in my home town]....

20. Mac