The Miraculous True Story of Saint Michael Saving a U.S. Marine in the Korean War

Discussion in 'Inspirational Stories' started by TinNM, Jun 15, 2021.

1. TinNM

TinNM Guest

For all I know, this might have been posted in this forum already. It was posted in our church bulletin some time ago, when I got home, I went to see if it was on the internet, yes and in a few places.

Link: The Miraculous True Story of Saint Michael Saving a U.S. Marine in the Korean War | uCatholic

The Miraculous True Story of Saint Michael Saving a U.S. Marine in the Korean War

One account of Saint Michael’s protection is that of a young United States Marine, who prayed to him every morning. Separated from his unit after a blizzard during the Korean War, he was caught face to face with seven enemy soldiers who had guns drawn ready to fire. Only thanks to the Archangel did he miraculously survive the ensuing shootout. The prayer the soldier said daily is known as the Michael of the morning prayer:

Michael, Michael of the morning,
    Fresh corps of Heaven adorning,
    Keep me safe today,
    And in time of temptation
    Drive the devil away.
    Amen.

That soldier, who renames nameless, recounted the miraculous tale in a letter to his mother as he recovered in a hospital. Navy Chaplain Father Walter Muldy received a copy of this letter and speaking to the soldier, his mother, and the leader of his unit, confirmed the veracity of the story.
    See link for full story please.

HeavenlyHosts and Jason Fernando like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers