The Minefield of Our Times - Mark Mallett

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Catherine L, May 9, 2020.

1. Catherine L

Catherine L Angels

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    AED, Sunnyveil and Booklady like this.
  2. Booklady

Booklady Archangels

An excellent article, thank you, Catherine L.

Sunnyveil likes this.
  3. Prince of Peace

Prince of Peace Archangels

mark, stop reading locutions, stop messing with garbage. look for a common job, preferably in your area of training. Be a common Catholic, stay away from locutions and wait for the coordinates that come from medjugorje or another apparition recognized by the church. you messed with so much garbage from hell that it will take you several years to sterilize your mind.

4. Jason Fernando

Jason Fernando Archangels

Yup sometimes you digest a lot of prophecies/locutions from different people that it now becomes your reality, and your normal way of life as a layman is very much disrupted.
    Mark said that a lot of lay persons, priests, and religious keep calling him now about what is happening in this world. I'm afraid he doesn't have any privacy in his personal time now and he might have a mental breakdown with all these anxiety and desolation...

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    AED and "Quis ut Deus" like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

Where's the love? Terrible to read such things from the pen of a Christian.

1 Corinthians 13:1

Love

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.…

Katfalls, Mary's child, Sam and 4 others like this.
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

Mark and his family are good people. Perhaps one day they will be raised to the altar.

Katfalls, maryrose, Sam and 5 others like this.
  7. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I liked Mark's article especially regarding the God allowing the minefield of these times to sift us like wheat and strip us of everything but Jesus. This seems to me to be the times we are in at present. We have no common worship, few sacraments and limited sacramentals. It is really a time of purification but also a huge opportunity to draw closer to God through prayer and meditation.

8. Yes I would agree but even the great can be fooled mark makes a comment that he was uneasy and did not want to join countdown to the kingdom?? I have to say I was very uneasy watching a video clip that was sent to me on WhatsApp the content of the clip was very good and religious but the whole Holywood theme of camera angles zooming side to side and marks acting skills made me instantly feel somethings not right here... Just my feelings... Sigh something just does not sit well

9. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Where's your corroboration for that awful 'garbage from hell' accusation? To make such a claim about any named individual requires serious evidence. All prophesy, whether it be ultimately legitimate or not has to start somewhere and all of it is always unapproved at the beginning. And I have never followed the man, as I stick with the approved stuff. However, if all Catholics were as cautious as me, there never could have been any approved prophesy.

Mary's child, Booklady, Sam and 3 others like this.
  10. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

I am also cautious and sympathise with your unease. However, despite the evils of Hollywood and the great bulk of the entertainment industry, this does not preclude someone with talent deploying their skills in the service of God. One need only think of Jim Cavaziel and Mel Gibson. If Mallett's intentions are genuine, I think it only laudable that his style be one that might draw in some who are immediately turned off by direct argumentation-quite a few in this age of short attention-spans. I'm not endorsing him by any means, but truth is the only measuring device.

Mary's child, Booklady, Sam and 2 others like this.
  11. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Before my previous two posts, I had come on here to comment on an article in ZeroHedge, claiming that the Chinese military are pressing for an increase in their nuclear deterrent. I consider this good news, for several reasons.

1). Mutually-Assured-Destruction will actually reduce the threat of war with China.

2). It is a sign of desperation on the part of the Chinese, who must realise they are losing the propaganda war.

3). A Cold War will dispel most of the illusions abroad that China is a 'friendly', 'nice' power.

4). Competing with the nuclear capability of the United States broke the Soviet Union.

12. You are probably quite right maybe it was just my male ego getting in the way and being jealous of marks good looks :D:ROFLMAO:

He is probably just using his talents as a TV person to very good use just as I use my own talents... after all if he saves one soul well he is a much better person than me.. If he reads my first post I hope he does not be offended at my thoughts... Prayers for Mark and family (y)

13. AED

AED Powers

Booklady likes this.
  14. AED

AED Powers

To be public with one's faith and to be uncompromising is to be a "dry" martyr. I suspect Mark and his family undergo trials both spiritual and physical that would truly alarm us.

Mary's child, Booklady, Sam and 2 others like this.
  15. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

It's certainly not the way to riches and fame in this age. The only people even aware of him are Catholics of a traditional bent, the most despised and unfashionable group in the eyes of the secular establishment. Neither, unlike some, does he seem to appear in controversies among the broader conservative media. I have heard people complain of him that he has been slow to criticise the pope, surely a sign of one instinctively loyal.

16. padraig

padraig New Member

It is wonderful to find someone you openly and honestly admire. I do admire Mark and his wife Lea. I was counting up the reasons for this admiration this morning and the reasons went on and on. Not only spiritual reasons, human ones.

I don't always agree with Mark, but I always respect and admire him. It reminds me of Pope St John Paul 2 who I hugely admired too. But I could never understand him kissing the Qu'ran that time or the Assisi prayer thing.

But then again I'm a crank. There's a thousand times more chance of Pope St John Paul 2 of Mark Mallett being right about anything than an old crank like me.

One way to ask if someone is holy is to ask if they suffer, if they bear the Cross? Mark and Lea and family bear huge crosses.

[​IMG]

17. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Eight beautiful children. Eight irrefutible testimonies, God bless 'em.

Mary's child, Booklady and AED like this.
  18. Jason Fernando

Jason Fernando Archangels

Does Mark belong to a Traditionalist group like Opus Dei or FSSP?

padraig likes this.
  19. padraig

padraig New Member

No, I don't believe so. This article will gve some idea of his views on Liturgy.

If I had to stick a label on him it would be mainstream Conservative.

https://www.markmallett.com/blog/on-weaponizing-the-mass/

Booklady, Jason Fernando and AED like this.
  20. padraig

padraig New Member

I was thinking of this this morning. How even saints and very, very holy people make mistakes. Being holy is no protection from human error and failings. I was thinking of St Paul of Tarsus, one of the greatest saints and mystics of them all. But just so prickly and hard to get on with. he was always falling out with other saints. Always in fights and rows. I like this, the humanity of it. It makes me liek him even more. Easier to relate to.

So in a funny kind of way I like people and tend to warm to them even more when they boob.:)

Mary's child, Booklady and AED like this.