The Little Fridge.

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Jul 10, 2020.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

I couldn't get the little fridge in the caravan going again yesterday. It runs on gas and takes great, great patience to get the the little flame lit again:)

So worn out Before going to bed I asked the Good Lord to fix it for me.:(

At once I heard an answer,

'Is this really in the whole world the only thing you can ask me for'

This kind if dismayed and pleased me at the same time

Our Father likes us to ask big, be ambitious. But at the same time if He was exasperated enough to ask me to up my game He was paying enough attention to grant a very small request.

So I got up tried to start my little fridge and sure enough it started right away.

I think if we have not Faith enough to ask for help in the very small things. well how will we ask for the big

Donna259, Booklady, Sam and 5 others like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

God confuses me often. But He is very, very big and I am very very small :)

Booklady, Shae, josephite and 2 others like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

If we cannot find joy in the very little things, how will we ever find joy in the bigger gifts?

Booklady, Shae, josephite and 3 others like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

But it's true I have little Faith.

I should ask bigger. It was fine to ask for a little thing, but I should be upping my game and Faith and asking for bigger.

God can just as easily fix a Church, or a World as fix a little Fridge.o_O

Sam, Shae, josephite and 3 others like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

God is as the Wind, who bows down to touch all things, even the smallest

Though even He can be a touch grouchy..at times :LOL::p

6. AED

AED Powers

Such a good good observation.

HeavenlyHosts, Shae and josephite like this.
  7. josephite

josephite Powers

Padraig,

For a while now I have been offering my daily rosary for a large number of intentions which includes (near the conclusion of my intentions) .... 'the conversion of the Jews, the conversion of Russia, conversion of sinners, conversion of Muslims and (then more specific conversions), then...... the victims of the holocaust, the victims of abortion, the victims of child abuse, the victims of all violence etc'

About a month ago, I read of a priest asking that we pray for an end to the pandemic, so I added this to my rosary intentions and also an end to the BLM riots.

Then it struck me like a bolt out of the blue; I had never prayed for an end to abortion!

How remiss of me; I had been limiting my requests of God in this regard, why?

I suppose because the problem of abortion, is so ginormous in my little mind, and sort of like a defeatist, I prayed only for the victims of abortion, and those that need conversion and grace, mothers, families, doctors, those affected, But Not For An End To abortion!

Now I boldly request an end to abortion! and this is before I ask for an end to the pandemic, the riots and SS marriage.

Our God is Almighty, Omnipotent, Unlimited, Matchless, Transcendent, Incomparable

and He hears our little requests and our big requests.

I suppose God also likes to lead us to new understandings about ourselves.:barefoot:

Blessed be God. :notworthy:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  8. AED

AED Powers

Wonderful Josephite!

HeavenlyHosts and josephite like this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

St John Henry Newman said we are all born to complete some specific task for God.

A big part of it is the prayer task. I love to pray for the souls deepest in Purgatory and the souls most in danger of hell.

Other souls have other tasks.

I love to hope that those of who love Our Lady will be close to her in heaven.

What we pray for forms us, makes us who we are.

Some people claim that Prayer of Petition is a lower form of prayer, but I don't think so. The Our Father and Hail Mary are mostly prayers of Petition

10. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Re purgatory. A number of months ago as penance my confessor asked to say a decade of the rosary for the most needy priest in purgatory I was immediately struck by the beauty of this sentiment

HeavenlyHosts, AED and josephite like this.
  11. padraig

padraig New Member

12. padraig

padraig New Member

This is the Statue of Our Lady of Our Lady at the Church were I pray in the morning. I have prayed in front of the statue since childhood, it is very beautiful

RoryRory, Sam, HeavenlyHosts and 3 others like this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

14. padraig

padraig New Member

Newcastle, County Down

HeavenlyHosts and Jo M like this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member

No mass again this morning. Fear has driven them nuts.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  16. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

I know this scene so well. Love the footprints in the sand

HeavenlyHosts, AED and josephite like this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

I never knew all these years that you could see the Isle of Mann from the beach I only noticed this this morning.

HeavenlyHosts, AED and Jo M like this.
  18. maryrose

maryrose Powers

My go to saint for all the practical problems in every day life is St Anthony. He fixes everything and finds everything. He is one of my dearest friends. St Therese guides my life and her holy parents and siblings look after my children and spouses and grandchildren. Padre Pio is my spiritual father and of course St John Paul & St Faustina are on my saints list also. I pray a rosary for the Holy souls every morning and I have just started the Novena of Holy Cloak of St Joseph. We are surrounded by a cloud of witnesses willing to help us to ascend the steep path. I should mention my constant prayer is to Jesus, the Sacred Heart and I pray to become a true reflection of Mary my heavenly mother.
    We are so blessed to have this forum to encourage each other as our paths get thornier.

RoryRory, Sam, HeavenlyHosts and 5 others like this.
  19. padraig

padraig New Member

So Catholic!

Sometimes When I am praying , especially at night time I go through every saint I can think of I have read all their lives so they are all friends.

I love the modern saints too like Teresa of the Andes, Edith Stein and Pope John the 23rd.

AED, Jo M, maryrose and 1 other person like this.
  20. padraig

padraig New Member

The angels too of course