The last words of saints!

Discussion in 'The Saints' started by josephite, Nov 3, 2020.

1. josephite

josephite Powers

1. Saint Gemma Galgani
    Virgin, Stigmatist, Mystic, and Victim Soul

[​IMG]

“Now it is indeed true that nothing more remains to me, Jesus. I recommend my poor soul to Thee…Jesus!”

1. Saint Thérèse of Lisieux
    Virgin, Carmelite nun, and Doctor of the Church

[​IMG]

“I have reached the point of not being able to suffer any more, because all suffering is sweet to me. My God, I love You.”

1. Saint Joan of Arc
    Virgin, Heroin, and Martyr

[​IMG]

“Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!”

1. Saint Thomas Aquinas
    Dominican Friar, Philosopher, Theologian, Jurist in the Tradition of Scholasticism, and Doctor of the Church

[​IMG]

“If in this world there be any knowledge of this sacrament stronger than that of faith, I wish now to use it in affirming that I firmly believe and know as certain that Jesus Christ, True God and True Man, Son of God and Son of the Virgin Mary, is in this Sacrament. I receive Thee, the price of my redemption, for Whose love I have watched, studied and laboured. Thee have I preached; Thee have I taught. Never have I said anything against Thee: if anything was not well said, that is to be attributed to my ignorance. Neither do I wish to be obstinate in my opinions, but if I have written aught erroneous concerning this sacrament or other matters, I submit all to the judgment and correction of the Holy Roman Church, in whose obedience I now pass from this life.”

1. Saint Paul the Apostle
    Apostle of Jesus Christ, Missionary, Theologian, and Martyr

[​IMG]

“I am even now ready to be sacrificed, and the time of my dissolution is at hand. I have fought a good fight; I have finished my course; I have kept the faith. As for the rest, there is laid up for me a crown of justice which the Lord, the just judge, will render to me in that day: and not only to me, but to them also that love His coming.”

1. Saint Anthony of Padua
    Franciscan Friar and Mystic

[​IMG]

“I see my Lord.”

1. Saint Mother Teresa of Calcutta (Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu)
    Virgin, Missionary of Charity Nun, and Founder of the Order of the Missionaries of Charity

[​IMG]

“I love you Jesus.”

1. Saint Bernadette Soubirous
    Virgin, Sisters of Charity Nun, and Mystic

[​IMG]

“Holy Mary, pray for me, a poor sinner.”

1. Saint Maria Goretti
    Virgin and Martyr

[​IMG]

“I forgive Alessandro Serenelli… and I want him with me in Heaven forever.” (Speaking about her murderer)

1. Saint Teresa of Avila
    Virgin, Carmelite Nun, Author, Theologian, Mystic, Doctor of the Church

[​IMG]

“My Lord, it is time to move on. Well then, may Your will be done. O my Lord and my Spouse, the hour that I have longed for has come. It is time for us to meet one another.”

1. Saint Ignatius of Loyola
    Theologian, Knight, and Founder of the Society of Jesus

[​IMG]

“O my God!”

1. Saint Elizabeth of Hungary
    Princess and Member of the Third Order of Saint Francis

[​IMG]

“Oh, Mary come to my assistance. The moment has arrived when God summons His friend to the wedding feast. The Bridegroom seeks His spouse. Silence . . . Silence.”

1. Saint Andrew the Apostle
    Apostle of Jesus Christ, Brother of Saint Peter the Apostle, and Martyr

[​IMG]

“O most beautiful cross that was glorified by carrying the body of Christ! Glorious cross, sweetly desired, ardently loved, always sought, and finally prepared for my heart that has so long awaited you. Take me, o cross! Embrace me. Release me from my life among men. Bring me quickly and diligently to the Master. Through you He will receive me, He, Who through you has saved me.”

1. Saint Monica of Hippo
    Mother of Saint Augustine of Hippo

[​IMG]

“Lay this body anywhere, let not the care for it trouble you at all. This only I ask, that you will remember me at the Lord’s altar, wherever you be.”

1. Saint John Paul II the Great
    Pope and Author

[​IMG]

“Let me go to the house of the Father.”

1. Saint Rita of Cascia
    Augustinian Nun and Stigmatist

[​IMG]

“Love God above all things. Remain in the holy love of Jesus. Remain in obedience to the holy Roman Church. Remain in peace and fraternal charity.”

Dolours, Shay Lowry, sterph and 6 others like this.
  2. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Beautiful Josephite! :)

Dolours, josephite, Petrus and 2 others like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

SO SO powerful. Thankyou Josephite.

Dolours, josephite, Sunnyveil and 3 others like this.
  4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Josephite, you always come up with wonderful posts. This was beautiful.

Dolours, josephite, AED and 1 other person like this.