The Hypocritical Huckster

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by themilitantcatholic, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Does anyone else notice the monumental hypocrisy, when Obama with his unmitigated gall, takes part in a conference call with various religious leaders, making his case for government-run healthcare, quoting from scripture, talking about "being our brothers keeper" - even though he does not even consider his own brother, living in a hut - sort of in a way, admonishing the general populace, playing the guilty trump card, that we should very well go along with his plan, because after-all God wants us to take care of the health of all the poor and disadvantaged. Yet at the same time, nestled in the grand health-care bill, is tax-payer funded abortion on demand. Because why of course, we must respect the women's right to "choose" and we must provide the utmost medical care. Then there is the baloney about how there is no such thing as a death-panel in the bill, Obama's explanation for that one, "some people out there are just trying to scare folks, telling things that just aren't true", Obama tells us plain-folk that it is not a death-panel, no sir it is called "end of life counseling", I wish someone in the media would say this; end of life means death, what else could it mean? Take a look at Oregon and Washington, both of those states have legal assisted suicide and that's just the tip of that iceberg. A national government-run healthcare will gladly pay for anyone desiring an abortion, while gladly paying for an elderly person's "end of life counseling", sounds like a 70's Soviet style healthcare plan or something Mao would approve of. Now I know why Castro is in love with Obama. Monkey see, monkey do.

2. Seán

Seán New Member

It seems almost uncanny that the vast majority of major world leaders are not particularly holy men or women, let alone even religious. I wonder sometimes what it would be like to have devout Catholics running the UK or America, or countries of Europe. Of course, given the current society, they would never be elected, or if they were, their adherence to Catholic doctrine would see them out of office very shortly afterwards. It must be part of God's will, I suppose.

'To whom much is given, much more will be expected,' said Our Lord in Sacred Scripture. Many of these world leaders are leading countless thousands astray with their false opinions and beliefs about issues like abortion and so on. The potential for spiritual damage that they can do is enormous. We must pray especially for world leaders, since at present they are the only ones that people seem to listen to. And with many of these leaders, God is all but forgotten.

3. padraig

padraig New Member

The devil is, 'The Prince of this World' The rich and powerful are, very often his own.

Mary's are the poor and lowly:

My soul doth magnify the Lord.
    And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
    Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
    Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name.
    And his mercy is from generation unto generations, to them that fear him.
    He hath shewed might in his arm: he hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.
    He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble.
    He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.

He hath received Israel his servant, being mindful of his mercy:
    As he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his seed for ever.
    [​IMG]