The Hours of the Passion to Cover Every Hour of the New Year (and New Decade) in Christ's Blood:

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by Xavier, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Xavier

Xavier "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will Triumph."

Come, let us together cover with the Precious Blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ Our Lord and God, every day and every hour if possible of the New Year, and yes, of the New Decade, as well; so that it may be a great and glorious Year and whole Decade, for the Church, for the world; and the preparation for the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart, also called as, the Kingdom of the Divine Will, in the writings of Servant of God Luisa Piccaretta, as we know.

With New Year having dawned, it is Christ's Feast of Circumcision we celebrate today in the Traditional Liturgy, when He shed His Blood for the first time; and Whose Mother's Feast as Mother of God we celebrate today in the New Liturgy, and we remember She became the Living Tabernacle of His Body and His Blood. Let us offer our lives to the Infant Jesus and to His Holy Mother on this festive day, and implore His Blood and Protection throughout the decade.

Our Lord Jesus, praising Quas' Primas of Pope Pius XI, which declared the Social Kingship of Christ, and declaring the Kingdom of His Divine Will, revealed to Servant of God Luisa Piccaretta, a very important meditation focused on the Passion, that enables us to gain priceless graces, and do God's Will 24*7 in our lives. That it is God's Will we accept and practice this devotion in our lives should be enough and sufficient reason for us all to do so. But there are many others. First, Papal Approvals going back more than a 100 years, from His Holiness Pope St. Pius X. These words of Our Lord Jesus, said the Saintly Vicar of the same Lord Jesus, should rather be read kneeling than even standing, so precious are They. Second, Devotion to the Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ is so great and so priceless a grace that by it any man or woman, even if before that we were the worst and greatest of all sinners, can easily become saints, and even great saints. This is the doctrine of the Saints themselves, and were there no other, we all should practice this devotion.

"Several witnesses relate that one day Father Annibale came to the house of Luisa more content than ever, and said that he had brought this book to the Holy Father, Saint Pious X, who had received him several times in private audience. Father Anniable was reading him one of the Hours (that of the Crucifixion), when the Pope interrupted, saying: “Not this way, Father, but kneeling one must read. It is Jesus Christ that is speaking.” Finally, Father Annibale, as Censor of the writings, obtained the Imprimatur from His Excellency the Archbishop of Trani for the volumes written by Luisa (at that time there were already nineteen)." https://www.queenofthedivinewill.org/st-pius-x/

"‘When Pope John Paul II was about to beatify Fr. Annibale di Francia on October 7, 1990, the then Msgr. Ratzinger, Cardinal and Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (formerly, the Holy Office,) was informed by my father, Jose Luis Acuna, in May 1990, in a private audience that some of the books published by the Father Annibale di Francia whom His Holiness was going to beatify had been “condemned.” Therefore, the Cardinal had to investigate this matter personally, whether there was an error or not, and the result was that Fr. Annibale was beatified with no hinderance, after having investigated the matter and with full knowledge of it. Not only this, but His Emminence said in private to Msgr. Ricardo Guizar, who was then our Bishop of Atlacomulco, Mexico, that “All of the Writings of Luisa must be approved”. https://bookofheaven.org/who-is-lui...ll-of-the-writings-of-luisa-must-be-approved/

Exhortation [from St. Annibale Maria di Francia]

"O souls who love Jesus Christ, O souls who make a profession of spiritual life, and especially you, Spouses of Jesus Christ, consecrated to Him either through vows or by belonging to sacred Congregations, consider from all that has been said above, how much pleasure you give to the Most Holy Heart of Jesus by practicing these Hours of the Passion. It is for you, in a special way, that these Hours of the Passion have been inspired by Our Lord in that solitary and contemplative soul, who has been practicing them for many years with great profit to herself and to the whole Holy Church. Special graces have been reserved for you if you take to heart this holy daily exercise, penetrating the same sentiments and the same dispositions as those of the soul who dictated it, and who has been practicing it for many years.

From the sentiments, so intimate, and from the dispositions, so loving, of this soul, you will pass into the very sentiments and dispositions of Jesus Christ Our Lord, during the 24 Hours in which He suffered for love of us. And it is impossible for the soul, in this compassionating exercise, not to encounter the most sorrowful Mother Mary, and not to unite to the same compassion and the very incomprehensible affections of the Sorrowful Mother of God! It will be like living with Jesus suffering, and with Mary Co-Redeeming, gathering immense eternal goods for oneself and for all!

What to say about how great this tool would be for each Religious Community in order to advance in holiness, to be preserved, to grow in the number of chosen souls, and to obtain true prosperity? How much commitment, then, should each Community have in the constant practice of this pious exercise! And the souls of that Community who attend Holy Mass daily would receive Communion with such dispositions of fervor, and with such love for Jesus, that each Communion would be a renewed marriage of the soul with Jesus in the most intimate and increasing Union of Love!

If because of one soul alone doing these Hours, Jesus would spare a city chastisements, and would give grace to as many souls for as many as are the words of these sorrowful Hours, how many graces could a Community [or any group of faithful] hope for; from how many defects and relaxations would it be healed or preserved; and for how many souls would it obtain Sanctification and Salvation by practicing this pious exercise!

If only there were one soul in each Community, who would apply herself to practicing it with more attention during the day, at times even in the midst of daily occupations, and also in the evening, and at nighttime with a little bit of vigil…! But it would be the Summit of the Divine, and the Maximum Profit for that Community and for the Whole World, if this Exercise were practiced by All, in turns Day and Night!"

sparrow likes this.
  2. Xavier

From: http://www.passioiesus.org/en/santos/citas_santos.htm [​IMG]

It is extremely important to know that there is no saint who has ever reached the heights of the spiritual life without having meditated frequently on the Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Many of them attributed to the meditation of the Passion of Our Lord, the beginning of that stage in the spiritual life in which they decided to give themselves entirely to God, to His Most Holy Will. Over and over again we find in their writings that they move faster toward holiness with the help of this meditation than through any other. Obviously, we cannot say that they surpass the great means provided by the Sacraments, but we can say that the sacraments alone cannot reach all their effectiveness without the help of the meditation of the Passion of Our lord. That is because the Sacraments are the most precious fruits of the Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

We would like to add a few remarks made by some of the saints that refer to the Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ and we hope that they be useful to your soul.

Saint Alphonsus de Liguori, MEDITATIONS ON THE PASSION OF JESUS CHRIST, Introduction.: "He who desires", says St. Bonaventure, "to go on advancing from virtue to virtue, from grace to grace, should meditate continually on the Passion of Jesus." And he adds that "there is no practice more profitable for the entire sanctification of the soul than the frequent meditation of the sufferings of Jesus Christ." St. Augustine also said that a single tear shed at the remembrance of the Passion of Jesus is worth more than a pilgrimage to Jerusalem, or a year of fasting on bread and water.

St. Josemaría Escrivá Furrow, Penance 993:In our meditation, the Passion of Christ comes out of its cold historical frame and stops being a pious consideration, presenting itself before our eyes, as terrible, brutal, savage, bloody... yet full of Love. —And we feel that sin cannot be regarded as just a trivial error: to sin is to crucify the Son of God, to tear his hands and feet with hammer blows, and to make his heart break.

St Paul of Cross, Spiritual diary."The remembrance of the most holy Passion of Jesus Christ is the door through which the soul enters into intimate union with God, interior recollection and most sublime contemplation..."

"The Passion of Christ is the greatest and most stupendous work of Divine Love. "The greatest and most overwhelming work of God's love."

"The most holy Passion of Jesus Christ is the most efficacious means to convert obstinate sinners."

"The holy sufferings of Jesus is a sea of sorrows, but it is also a sea of love. Ask the Lord to teach you to fish in this sea. Immerse yourself in it, and, no matter how deeply you go, you will never reach the bottom. Allow yourself to be penetrated with love and sorrow. In this way you will make the sufferings of the gentle Jesus your own. Fish for the pearls of the virtues of Jesus. This holy fishing is done without words." 8th April, 1758

St. Peter of Alcantara, Seven other meditations of the Passion of Our Lord, and the manner how it ought to be meditated upon. A golden treatise of mental prayer. Chapter IV.: In the passion of our blessed Saviour, six things chiefly are to be meditated upon. First, the bitterness of his sorrow, that we may compassionate with him. Secondly, the greatness of our sins, which were the cause of his torments, that we may abhor them. Thirdly, the greatness of the benefit, that we may be grateful for it.

Fourthly, the excellency of the divine charity and bounty therein manifested, that we may love him more fervently. Fifthly, the conveniency of the mystery, that we may be drawn to admiration of it. Lastly, the multiplicity of virtues of our blessed Saviour which did shine in this stupendous mystery, that we may partly imitate and partly admire them; wherefore, in the midst of these meditations, let us sometimes compassionate with our blessed Saviour in the extremity of his sorrows; extreme indeed, both by reason of the tenderness of his body, as also, for the great affection he bore unto our souls.

He did suffer them without any manner of consolation, as we shall speak hereafter in its proper place. Sometimes let us stir up in ourselves compunction for our sins, which were the cause of his great sufferings. Sometimes let us kindle in our souls an ardent affection, considering his great affection towards us, which upon the cross he declared and manifested to the whole world. And the benefit which he bestowed upon us in his passion, because he bought us with the inestimable price of his precious blood, of which only, we reap the benefit and commodity.

sparrow likes this.
  3. Xavier

St Francis of Sales, Treatise on the Love of God, Chapter XIII-That mount calvary is the academy of Love: "The death and passion of Our Lord is the sweetest and most constraining motive that can animate our hearts in this mortal life... so, in the glory of heaven above, next to the Divine goodness known and considered in itself, Our Saviour's death shall most powerfully ravish the blessed spirits in the loving of God."

Thomas À Kempis Imitation of Christ; The Twenty-Fifth Chapter, Zeal in amending our lives "The religious who concerns himself intently and devoutly with our Lord's most holy life and passion will find there an abundance of all things useful and necessary for him. He need not seek for anything better than Jesus."

Saint Alphonsus de Liguori, Practice of the Love of Jesus Christ, Introduction, I., How Deserving Jesus Christ is of our Love, on Account of the Love He has Shown Us in His Passion: "He (St. Francis of Assisi ) was one day found by a gentleman shedding tears, and crying out with a loud voice: being asked the cause "I weep," he answered, "over the sorrows and disgraces of my Lord: and what causes me the greatest sorrow is, that men, for whom he suffered so much, live in forgetfulness of him." And on saying this he wept the more, so that this gentleman began also himself to weep."

St John of the Cross: As to the Passion of our Lord, ...never in anything follow your own will and your own inclination, for that was the cause of His death and passion

Beata Angela of Foligno, Book of life, #18, p. 272.: if your soul is not elevated, go back to yourself, start from the beginning and review from head to foot all the ways in which this suffering God-man was afflicted and crucified. If you cannot regain and rediscover these ways in your heart, repeat them vocally, attentively and frequently; because what the lips say and repeat grants fervor and warmth to the heart

St. Maximus of Turin, Sermons 53, 1-2. 4: "Our Savior's passion raises men and women from the depths, lifts them up from the earth, and sets them in the heights."

St. Bonaventure. One day,” writes Bonaventure, “while Francis was praying... Jesus Christ appeared to him fastened to the cross" “And the memory of Christ’s passion was so impressed on the innermost recesses of his heart that from that hour, whenever Christ’s crucifixion came to mind, he could scarcely contain his tears and sighs.”

St Francis of Sales, Introduction to the Devout Life, Part II, Chapter I. The Necessiy of Prayer, N.2 "But especially I commend earnest mental prayer to you, more particularly such as bears upon the Life and Passion of our Lord. If you contemplate Him frequently in meditation, your whole soul will be filled with Him, you will grow in His Likeness, and your actions will be moulded on His. He is the Light of the world; therefore in Him, by Him, and for Him we shall be enlightened and illuminated__"

sparrow likes this.
  4. Xavier

And from the Roman Pontiffs, Vicars of Christ, Successors of St. Peter the Apostle, Servants of the Servants of God: http://www.passioiesus.org/en/magisterio/citas_papas.htm#papas

H.H. Pope Benedict XVI: "Jesus transformed the Passion, his suffering and his death, into prayer, and in this way he transformed it into an act of love for God and for humanity. That, finally, is why the outstretched arms of the Crucified One are also a gesture of embracing, by which he draws us to himself, wishing to enfold us in his loving hands. In this way he is an image of the living God, he is God himself, and we may entrust ourselves to him."

H.H. Pope St. Leo the Great: "True reverence for the Lord’s passion means fixing the eyes of our heart on Jesus crucified and recognizing in him our own humanity."

H.H. Pope John Paul II: Looking at Jesus in his passion, we see humanity's sufferings as well as our personal histories reflected as in a mirror. Although there was no sin in Christ, he took upon himself what man could not endure: injustice, evil, sin, hatred, suffering and finally death ... “Passion” means a passionate love, unconditioned self- giving: Christ’s passion is the summit of an entire life “given” to his brothers and sisters to reveal the heart of the Father. The Cross, which seems to rise up from the earth, in actual fact reaches down from heaven, enfolding the universe in a divine embrace. The Cross reveals itself to be “the centre, meaning and goal of all history and of every human life”.

So, without further ado, let us begin:

How these Hours of the Passion can be done

• One method is that of meditating one Hour each day by reading it alone, or with one’s family, or with others. In this way, in the round of 24 days, one would complete the 24 Hours. A good clock never stops – life never stops…
    • A second method would be that of forming groups of various people – 4, 8, 12 or possibly 24 and more – each one committed seriously to doing one of the Hours, assigned for a period of time, before changing the Hour. A good clock marks all the hours - it skips none of them…
    • A third method, then, is that of doing at least one hour per day, at the time of the day which coincides to that hour, but in any case, to reach such familiarity with the Hours of the Passion, and to assimilate them in such a way, as to be able to follow their content mentally during the whole day. For this purpose it is very helpful to learn by heart the succession of the 24 Hours with the corresponding title, which is reported on the next page.

To "do" an Hour of the Passion means to read it attentively, meditating on it, contemplating it, making it one’s own life… It is not just remembering and compassionating the sufferings of Jesus assomething that happened many centuries ago in a far away place; but rather, it is, first of all, to enter into the Divine Will, in which everything is present and in act, and to participate in the interior acts and sufferings of Our Lord, which are present and in act at this precise moment, so as to repeat His life within us, to grow in His likeness, and to pour upon everyone the infinite value, merits and effects of His Passion.

Jesus Himself explains this very important difference: "To repeat my Passion in act in the creature, is different from one who only thinks of my pains and compassionates them. The first is an act of my Life, which takes my place in order to repeat my pains, and I feel I am given back the effects and the value of a Divine Life; while in thinking of my pains and in compassionating Me, it is only the company of the creature that I feel. But do you know in whom I can repeat my pains, in act, of my Passion? In one who has my Will as center of life." (October 24, 1925 Vol. 18)

One can comprehend, then, how the Hours of the Passion are not just a reading, and not even a devotion, but a formation of life: the interior life of Jesus. In this way, day after day, we will feel more and more that Jesus is truly living in us - not just our life, but His very Divine Life.

"First Hour - From 5 to 6 PM
    Jesus takes leave of His Most Holy Mother
    Second Hour - From 6 to 7 PM
    Jesus departs from His Most Holy Mother and sets out for the Cenacle
    Third Hour - From 7 to 8 PM
    The Legal Supper
    Fourth Hour - From 8 to 9 PM
    The Eucharistic Supper
    Fifth Hour - From 9 to 10 PM
    First Hour of Agony in the Garden of Gethsemani
    Sixth Hour - From 10 to 11 PM
    Second Hour of Agony in the Garden of Gethsemani
    Seventh Hour - From 11 PM to Midnight
    Third Hour of Agony in the Garden of Gethsemani
    Eighth Hour - From Midnight to 1 AM
    Jesus is arrested
    Ninth Hour - From 1 to 2 AM
    Thrown from a ledge, Jesus falls into the Cedron stream
    Tenth Hour - From 2 to 3 AM
    Jesus is presented to Annas
    Eleventh Hour - From 3 to 4 AM
    Jesus in the house of Caiphas
    Twelfth Hour - From 4 to 5 AM
    Jesus at the mercy of the soldiers
    Thirteenth Hour - From 5 to 6 AM
    Jesus in prison
    Fourteenth Hour - From 6 to 7 AM
    Jesus before Caiphas again, who confirms His condemnation to death and sends Him to Pilate
    Fifteenth Hour - From 7 to 8 AM
    Jesus before Pilate. Pilate sends Him to Herod
    Sixteenth Hour - From 8 to 9 AM
    Jesus is brought back to Pilate and placed after Barabbas. Jesus is scourged
    Seventeenth Hour - From 9 to 10AM
    Jesus is crowned with thorns. Presented to the people: "Ecce Homo!" Jesus is condemned to death
    Eighteenth Hour - From 10 to 11AM
    Jesus takes up His Cross and walks toward Calvary, where He is stripped
    Nineteenth Hour - From 11 AM to 12 PM:
    Jesus is crucified
    Twentieth Hour - From 12 to 1 PM
    First Hour of Agony on the Cross. The first word of Jesus
    Twenty-first Hour - From 1 to 2 PM
    Second Hour of Agony on the Cross. Second, third and fourth word of Jesus
    Twenty-second Hour - From 2 to 3 PM
    Third Hour of Agony on the Cross. Fifth, sixth and seventh word of Jesus. The death of Jesus
    Twenty-third Hour - From 3 to 4 PM
    Jesus, dead, is pierced by the thrust of a lance. The deposition from the Cross
    Twenty-fourth Hour - From 4 to 5 PM
    The burial of Jesus. Most Holy Desolate Mary"

sparrow and Fatima like this.
  5. Xavier

Preparation before each hour:

O my Lord Jesus Christ, prostrate in your divine presence, I implore your most loving Heart to admit me to the sorrowful meditation of the 24 hours in which for love of us You wanted to suffer so much, in your adorable body and in your most holy soul, unto death on the Cross. O please, give me help, grace, love, deep compassion and understanding of your sufferings, as I now meditate the __ Hour. And for those which I cannot meditate, I offer You my will to meditate them, and I willingly intend to meditate them in all the hours in which I have to apply myself to my duties, or sleep. Accept, O merciful Lord, my loving intention, and let it be beneficial for me and for all, as if I effectively and in a saintly way accomplished what I wish to practice.

Meanwhile, I give You thanks, O my Jesus, for calling me to union with You by means of prayer. And to please You more, I take your thoughts, your tongue, your Heart, and with this I intend to pray, fusing all of myself in your Will and in your love; and stretching out my arms to hug You, I place my head on your Heart, and I begin.

Thanksgiving after each hour:

My lovable Jesus, You have called me in this hour of your Passion to keep You company, and I have come. I seemed to hear You praying, repairing and suffering, in anguish and sorrow, pleading for the salvation of souls in the most touching and eloquent voices. I tried to follow You in everything; and now, having to leave You for my usual occupations, I feel the duty to say to You, ‘Thank You’ and ‘I bless You.’Yes, O Jesus, I repeat to You ‘Thank You’ thousands and thousands of times, and ‘I bless You’ for all that You have done and suffered for me and for all. I thank You and I bless You for every drop of Blood You shed, for every breath, for every heartbeat, for every step, word, glance, bitterness and offense which You endured. In everything, O my Jesus, I intend to seal You with a ‘Thank You’ and an ‘I bless You.’Please, O Jesus, let my whole being send You a continuous flow of thanks and blessings, so as to draw upon me and upon everyone the flow of your blessings and thanks. Please, O Jesus, press me to your Heart, and with your most holy hands seal every particle of my being with your ‘I bless you’, so that nothing other than a continuous hymn to You may come from me."

The Lord's Promises: To show how Great His Pleasure with Souls who do the Hours of the Passion everyday, Our Lord Jesus made a Promise like Mother Mary's Scapular Promise, to save so many, many souls! "October 1914 Volume 11 The effectiveness of these Hours depends on whether the soul does them in union with Jesus and in His Will. How Jesus desires that souls do the Hours of the Passion.

I was writing the Hours of the Passion, and I thought to myself: ‘How many sacrifices in order to write these blessed Hours of the Passion, especially to put on paper certain interior acts which had passed only between me and Jesus. What will be the recompense that He will give to me?’ And Jesus, letting me hear His tender and sweet voice, told me: "My daughter, as recompense for having written the Hours of my Passion, for each word you have written I will give you a kiss - a soul." And I: ‘My love, this is for me; and what will You give to those who will do them?’ And Jesus: "If they do them together with Me and with my own Will, I will also give them a soul for each word they will recite, because the greater or lesser effectiveness of these Hours of my Passion is in the greater or lesser union that they have with Me. By doing them with my Will, the creature hides within my Volition, and since it is my Volition that acts, I can produce all the goods I want, even through one word alone; and this, for each time you will do them."(!!!)

Another time I was lamenting to Jesus, because after so many sacrifices to write these Hours of the Passion, very few were the souls who were doing them. And He: "My daughter, do not lament - even if there were only one, you should be content. Would I not have suffered my whole Passion even if one soul alone were to be saved? The same for you. One should never omit good because few avail themselves of it; all the harm is for those who do not take advantage of it. And just as my Passion made my Humanity acquire the merit as if all were saved, even though not all are saved, because my Will was to save everyone, and I received merit according to what I wanted, not according to the profit which creatures would draw; the same for you: you will be rewarded depending on whether your will was identified with my Will in wanting to do good to all. All the harm is for those who, though being able to, do not do them. These Hours are the most precious of all, because they are nothing less than the repetition of what I did in the course of my mortal life, and what I continue to do in the Most Holy Sacrament. When I hear these Hours of my Passion, I hear my own voice, my own prayers. In that soul I see my Will - that is, wanting the good of all and repairing for all - and I feel drawn to dwell in her, to be able to do what she herself does within her. Oh, how I would love that even one single soul for each town did these Hours of my Passion! I would hear Myself in each town, and my Justice, greatly indignant during these times, would be placated in part."

[​IMG]

From 5 to 6 PM
    Jesus takes leave of His Most Holy Mother

Prayer of Preparation

O heavenly Mother, the hour of separation draws near, and I come to You, O Mother, give me your love, your reparations, and your sorrows. Together with You, I want to follow adored Jesus step by step.

Here Jesus comes. With your soul overflowing with love, you run to meet him. But your heart aches with grief to see him so pale and sad. Your strength fades away, and you are about to fall at his feet. O my sweet Mama, do You know why adorable Jesus has come to You? Ah, He has come to say good-bye to You for the last time, to impart His last Word, to share with you this last embrace! O Mother, I cling to You with all the tenderness of which my poor heart is capable, so that holding You tightly, I too may receive the embraces of adored Jesus. Would you perhaps look down on me, or isn't it perhaps a comfort to your heart to have a soul near you, to share your pains, affections and reparations?

Jesus, in this hour so bitter for your tender Heart, what instruction You give us of innocent, loving obedience to your Mother! What a sweet enchantment of love rises up to the throne of the Eternal One, extending salvation to all creatures of the earth!

O my heavenly Mama, do You know what adored Jesus wants from You? Nothing but your last blessing. From every particle of your being only blessings and praises flow to your Creator; but, in taking leave of You, Jesus wants to hear the sweet words, I bless You, O Son. That I bless You deflects every blasphemy from his hearing and descends sweetly and gently into his Heart. Jesus wants your “I bless You” to shield against all the offenses of creatures.

I too join with you, O sweet mother. On the wings of the wind, I want to travel through heaven to ask the Father, the Holy Spirit, all the angels for an I bless you for Jesus, so that, going to him, I can bring their blessings. I want to go to all creatures here on earth and ask from every whisper, heartbeat, step, breath, glance, thought, and word—blessings and praises for Jesus. And, if anyone does not want to give them to me, I will do it on their behalf.

O sweet Mama, after going round and round, to ask the Most Holy Trinity, the Angels, all creatures, the light of the sun, the fragrance of the flowers, the waves of the sea, every breath of wind, every spark of fire, every moving leaf, the twinkling of the stars, every movement of nature, for an “I bless You”, I come to You and I place all my blessings together with yours. My sweet Mother, I see that You are comforted by them, and I offer Jesus all my blessings to atone for the blasphemies and curses that He receives from creatures.

sparrow likes this.
  6. Xavier

But, while I offer You everything, I hear your trembling voice saying, “Son, bless Me too!” My sweet Love, bless me with your Mother. Bless my thoughts, my heart, my hands, my steps, my deeds, and—with your Mother—all creatures. O my Mother, You gaze upon the Sorrowful Face of Jesus, so pale, sad, and tormented, and You envision the sorrow that He will soon have to suffer. You see his Face covered with spit, and You bless It. You foresee his face covered with spit and you bless it. You see his head pierced by thorns, his eyes blindfolded, his body tortured by lashings, his hands and feet pierced by nails, and you follow him with your blessings everywhere he is about to go. And I too will follow Him together with You. When Jesus is struck with the whips, pierced by the nails, slapped, crowned with thorns, he will find my I bless you everywhere, together with yours. O Jesus, O mother, I give you compassion.

Your sorrow is immense in these last moments. It seems that the heart of one rends the heart of the other. O mother, tear my heart from the earth and bind it tightly to Jesus, so that pressed to him, I can take part in your pains. And being between your two hearts, I will receive your last kisses and your last embraces while you look at each other for the last time. Don’t You see that I cannot be without You, in spite of my misery and my coldness? Jesus, Mama, keep me close to You; give me your love, your Will. Pierce my poor heart with arrows, and hold me in your arms. Together with you, O sweet mother, I want to follow adorable Jesus step by step, with the intention of giving him comfort, relief, love and reparation for everyone.

O Jesus, with your Mother, I kiss your left foot, and I beg You to forgive me and all creatures for the many times we have not walked toward God. [Glory be to the Father, etc.].

I kiss your right foot. Forgive me and everyone for the many times we have not sought the perfection that You desired for us. [Glory be to the Father, etc.]

I kiss your left hand. Communicate your purity to us. [Glory be to the Father, etc.]

I kiss your right hand. Bless all my heartbeats, thoughts, and affections so that all may be confirmed by your blessing, and all may be sanctified. And as you bless me, bless all creatures as well, and seal the salvation of their souls with your blessing. [Glory be to the Father, etc.]

O Jesus, I embrace You together with your Mama, and kissing your Heart, I pray You to place my heart between your two Hearts, that it may be nourished continuously by your love, by your sorrows, by your very affections and desires, and by your own Life. Amen. [Glory be ...]

Reflections and Practices.

Reflections and applications regarding the Hours of the Passion, so that we may copy the life of Jesus within ourselves, aligning our life with His in everything: His breath, His heartbeat, etc. so that He once again lives among His creatures.

Before entering his Passion, Jesus goes to his Mother to ask for her blessing In this act he teaches us how we must be obedient, with both interior and exterior obedience, in order to correspond to the inspirations of grace. Sometimes we are not ready to put into practice a good inspiration, either because we are held back by love of self united to temptation, or because of human respect, or in order not to use holy violence on ourselves. But rejecting the good inspiration of exercising a virtue, of accomplishing a virtuous act, of doing a good work, or of practicing a devotion, makes the Lord withdraw, depriving us of new inspirations. On the other hand, the prompt correspondence, pious and prudent, to holy inspirations attracts more lights and graces upon us. In the cases of doubt, one should turn promptly and with righteous intention to the great means of prayer and to upright and experienced advice.

In this way, God will never withhold light from our souls so that we can pursue our good inspirations and multiply them, reaping the greatest possible benefits. Our prayers, actions, and the Hours of the Passion should be done with Jesus’ own intention his Will, sacrificing ourselves as He did for the glory of the Father and for the good of all souls. We should be disposed to sacrifice ourselves in everything out of love for our beloved Jesus, surrendering to his Spirit, acting with his own sentiments, and abandoning ourselves to Him—not only in all our sorrows and external misfortunes, but even more in our interior lives. In this way, in any situation, we will be ready to suffer. When we act in this spirit, we give our Jesus little sips of sweetness. If all that we do remains in the Will of God—which contains all sweetness and delight to an infinite degree—we will console the Divine Heart of Jesus and give Him big sips of sweetness to ease the effects of the poison that other creatures give Him.

Before starting any action, let us always invoke the blessing of God, so that our actions may have the touch of the Divinity, and may attract His blessings not only on us, but upon all creatures.

My Jesus, may your blessing precede me, accompany me and follow me, so that everything I do may carry the seal of your I bless you.

(Personal Offering and Thanksgiving)"

sparrow likes this.
  7. Xavier

Why the world has lost its balance: "The world has lost its balance because it has lost the thought of the Passion of Jesus. It has done as a child who has not desired to recognize his mother or like a disciple who ignores his teacher and does not want to listen to his lessons. They will become pain to themselves, terror and sorrow for their society. This is what man has become: terror and pain, pain without mercy.

Vol. 11, February 2, 1917
    As I was in my usual state, I found myself outside of myself, and I found my always lovable Jesus, all dripping with blood, with a horrible crown of thorns, looking at me with difficulty through the thorns. He told me:

"My daughter, the world has become unbalanced because it has lost the thought of my Passion. In darkness, it has not found the light of my Passion which would illuminate it; and as it would make known to it My love and how much souls cost Me, it might turn to loving the One who has truly loved it; and the light of My Passion, guiding it, would put it on its guard against all dangers. In weakness, it has not found the strength of my Passion which would sustain it. In impatience, it has not found the mirror of My patience which would infuse in it calm and resignation; and in the face of My patience, feeling ashamed, it would make it its duty to dominate itself. In pains, it has not found the comfort of the pains of a God which, sustaining its pains, would infuse in it love of suffering. In sin, it has not found My sanctity which, placing itself in front of it, would infuse in it hate of sin.

Ah! man has made an abuse of everything, because in everything he has moved away from the One who could help him. This is why the world has lost balance. It behaved like a child who no longer wanted to recognize his mother; or like a disciple who, denying his master, no longer wanted to listen to his teachings, or learn his lessons. What will happen to this child and to this disciple? They will be the sorrow of themselves, and the terror and sorrow of society. Such has man become – terror and sorrow; but a sorrow without pity. Ah! man is getting worse and worse, and I cry over him with tears of blood!"

[​IMG]

From 6 P.M. to 7 P.M.

Jesus leaves his most holy mother and goes to the supper room.

Prayer of Preparation'

My adorable Jesus, as I have shared in your sufferings together with You, and in those of your afflicted Mama, I see that You are about to leave to go there, where the Will of the Father calls You. The love between mother and son is so intense that it makes you inseparable; and so you leave yourself in the heart of your mother, and the sweet mother and queen leaves herself in you. Otherwise it would be impossible for you to separate. So, blessing each other, you give her your last kiss to strengthen her in the bitter pain she is about to suffer. You tell her good bye for the last time, and leave.

But the paleness of your face, your trembling lips, your suffocated voice, as though wanting to burst into tears in saying good bye ah, everything tells me how much You love Her and how much You suffer in leaving Her! But to fulfill the Will of the Father, with your Hearts fused into each other, You submit Yourselves to everything, wanting to repair for those who, unwilling to overcome the tendernesses of relatives and friends, and bonds and attachments, do not care about fulfilling the Holy Will of God and corresponding to the state of sanctity to which God calls them.

What pain these souls give You by rejecting your love and by contenting themselves with the love of creatures! My sweet Love, while I make reparation with You, let me stay with your Mother. Let me console Her and support Her while You leave. Later, I will hurry my steps to catch up to You. But, oh, what sorrow I feel, seeing my anguished mother tremble! And while she tries to say good-bye to her son, her sorrow is so great that her voice dies on her lips and she cannot even pronounce a word. In her swoon of love, She almost faints. She cries, “My Son, my Son, I bless You! What a bitter separation this is—crueler than any death!”

But grief keeps Her from saying more and leaves Her speechless. Inconsolable Queen, let me help You. Let me dry your tears and comfort You in your bitter sorrow. My Mother, I will not leave You alone; I ask You to take me with You. In this most sorrowful hour for You and Jesus, You teach me what I must do. You teach me how I must defend Him, make reparation to Him, and console Him; and—if I must—give my life to defend Yours.

I will not come out from beneath your mantle. At a sign from You I will fly to Jesus. I will offer Him your Love, your affections and your kisses together with mine. I will place them on each wound, in each drop of his Blood, in each pain and insult. As He feels the kisses and Love of his Mother in each pain, may his wounds be soothed. Then I will come back to hide under your mantle. And I will bring his kisses back to You, to soothe your pierced Heart.

My Mama, my heart is pounding, I want to go to Jesus. And as I kiss your maternal hands, bless me as You blessed Jesus, and allow me to go to Him. My sweet Jesus, love directs me toward your steps and I reach You, as You walk along the streets of Jerusalem together with your beloved disciples. I look at You and I see You still pale.

I hear your voice—sweet, but sad—so sad as to break the hearts of your disciples, who are deeply disturbed by your sadness. As I lean to listen, I hear You say, This is the last time I will go through these streets alone. Tomorrow I will be bound and dragged through them amid a thousand insults. Pointing to the places where You will be more cruelly insulted and tortured, You say, Like the sun, my life here below is about to set. Tomorrow, at this hour, I will be no more. But I will rise, like the sun, on the third day. At your words, the disciples grow sad and silent and do not know what to answer. You add, Take courage! Do not despair! I am not leaving you. I will always be with you; still, it is necessary for me to die for the good of all.

As you pause, I see that You are moved, but with a trembling voice You proceed in your teaching. And before enclosing Yourself in the cenacle, You look at the sun which is setting, just as your life is setting; You offer your steps for those who find themselves at the setting of their lives, giving them the grace to let them set in You, and repairing for those who, in spite of the sorrows and disillusions of life, persist in not wanting to surrender to You.

Then you look again at Jerusalem, the center of your miracles and of the preferential love of your heart. In return, the city is already preparing the cross for you and sharpening the nails, to commit the deicide. You shudder, your Heart breaks and You cry over its destruction. With this, You repair for many souls consecrated to You, whom You tried to form with so much care as portents of your love, but ungrateful and unrequiting, they only bring you more bitter suffering! I want to share in your atonement, to soothe the breaking of your heart. But I see that You are horrified by the sight of Jerusalem, and, turning your eyes away, You enter the supper room.

sparrow likes this.
  8. Xavier

My love, draw me closer to your heart, let me make your sorrows my own, and let me offer them together with you. Look mercifully on my soul; pour your love into it, bless me.

Reflections and Practices.

Without delay, Jesus withdraws from his Mother, although his most tender Heart suffers immensely. Are we as ready to sacrifice even the most legitimate and holy affections, in order to fulfill the Divine will? Let us especially reflect on those moments when we may feel distant from the Divine Presence or from an especially fond devotion.

Jesus did not take his last steps without purpose. In them he glorified the Father and asked for the salvation of souls. We must place in our steps the same intentions of Jesus that is, to sacrifice ourselves for the glory of the Father and for the good of souls. Furthermore, we should imagine that we are placing our steps in those of Jesus. He wasted nothing in each step, but enclosed all the steps of creatures in his own, making reparation for all ungodly steps, in order to give the Father the glory he deserves, and life to all the evil steps of creatures so that they might walk the path of good. Likewise, so should we place our steps into those of Jesus, repeating his own intentions. Do we walk among others modestly and recollected so as to be an example, inspiring them to devotion and holiness?

Despite his sufferings, from time to time he said a few words to the apostles, telling them about his imminent passion. How do we behave in conversation? When the occasion presents itself, do we turn our conversation to the Passion of our Divine Redeemer?

When loving Jesus saw his Apostles sad and discouraged, He tried to comfort them. In our conversations, do we have the intention of comforting Jesus? Do we try to carry on our conversations in the Will of God, by instilling the spirit of Jesus Christ in others?

As Jesus walks to the Cenacle, let us enclose all our thoughts, affections, heartbeats, prayers, actions, meals, work, and all our other acts in the Heart of Jesus as they unfold. In this way, our actions will acquire a divine character. However, since it is difficult to always keep this divine attitude because it is hard for the soul to fuse her acts continuously in Him the soul can compensate with the disposition of her good will, which will please Jesus very much. He will keep watch over her every thought, word, and heartbeat. He will place them in attendance inside and outside of Himself, gazing at them with great Love, as the fruit of the creature’s good will. Then, when the soul fuses itself in him, doing its immediate acts with him, good Jesus feels so drawn toward this soul that He will do what she does together with her, transforming the creature’s acts into a divine work.

All this is the effect of God’s goodness, who takes everything into account and rewards everything, even the smallest act done in the Will of God, so that the creature is restituted in everything.

O my Life and my all, may your steps become mine, and, as I walk this earth, grant that my thoughts may be in Heaven above!

(Personal Offering and Thanksgiving)

Prayer of Thanksgiving"

sparrow likes this.
  9. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

Another Luisa thread... unbelievable.

We have such a rich Tradition of Faith, why not contemplate the passion as the great saints before us have?

It seems to me there is a concerted effort on this forum to post questionable content - even condemned messages in a different thread from the OP.

We should all be guard.

josephite likes this.
  10. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I read from Luisa's 24 hour of passion of our Lord nearly every day with few exceptions. It is one of the greatest graces we can participate in!

Byron, Patty, sparrow and 1 other person like this.
  11. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Oh, Frodo comes on another thread to criticize what he does not like. Anyone surprised?

12. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

Yes, meditating on the passion of our Lord is encouraged.

But to try to use the saints before us we o validate a questionable “revelation” is dishonest.

Luisa’s form of Divine Will is severely flawed.

josephite likes this.
  13. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

Way to play the ball Fatima. Thanks for that.

Any reason why the other Luisa’s threads couldn’t be used here?

14. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Questionable by who? Surely not her long time spiritual director SAINT Hannabal. Are you suggesting you know better than a canonized saint?

Xavier likes this.
  15. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Why should it matter to you? Are you so full of hatred that you cannot leave threads alone that you can't understand? Or are you a Troll?

16. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

Here we go again... lol.

Are you suggesting you know more than servant of God Father Hardon?

Her writings stand on their own merits or lack thereof, not approval by association.

josephite likes this.
  17. Xavier

Happy New Year, Fatima and Frodo. God Bless You, Your Family and Loved Ones this New Year and this New Decade. Peace and Grace.

sparrow likes this.
  18. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

Troll? Name one thing that I’ve said that has ever contradicted our faith?

I’m not the own who opens mutiple threads on the same topic and goes after someone personally when they don’t agree.

And why do you stay silent when condemned messages are allowed to be posted?

I speak because there are those who refuse to.

josephite likes this.
  19. Fatima

Fatima Powers

You troll what you don't like, ie, Luisa and others who's writings support the gift of living in the Divine Will. Yet, you can't point to one thing about this gift or Luisa writings that are outside church teachings or scripture. Why? You are welcome to defend your thinking, but why not do so in a way that you can speak intelligently about it? Articulate your point on what is contrary to church teaching or scripture, if you feel it is. Then we can at least have a dialog. A troll is one that comes on to disrupt conversations they don't like, but no one can respect your position if you can't make your points, contrary they may be, in a Christian way. What messages are condemned?

20. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

Not true.

You know full well that I support my points with facts and links. To maintain that I “troll” without backing up my point of view is again dishonest.

Xavier also know this, he started a thread on the same exact subject months ago. You can find it here:

http://motheofgod.com/threads/the-h...ations-of-the-day-of-the-passion.13308/page-2

I posted point by point the objections to it and links. It seems I did not have a reply to them.
    So much for dialogue.

Sounds like you are calling me too rigid? That sounds familiar :sneaky:

josephite likes this.