The Future of the United States of America.

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, May 5, 2010.

1. Lee

Lee Principalities

I would have loved to have lived here when the Catholic Faith was really the backbone of California. I think that's why I fell in love with Ireland, it's such a Catholic country.

2. padraig

padraig New Member

I loved reading the story about that great Franciscan miracle worker who helped found the Church in California...I forget his name. I am a little surprised he is not written more about.

3. maryrose

maryrose Powers

I am sorry I cant say more about this lady. When the time comes that she is instructed to come out in public and open her church I will post about it.

Mary

4. Lee

Lee Principalities

Padraig, Father Junipera Serra, he has his statue in the Rotonda of the Nation's Captiol.

Mary, thank you for this much. When I hear about things of this nature it gives me such great hope. I look forward to hearing when the times presents itself.
    God is way ahead of us, that's all I need to know sometimes.

Lee

5. darrell

darrell New Member

In my last post in this thread I mentioned a decision I’d made a year ago.

I wanted to talk about how I came to this decision before sharing what it was, but this will take some time and so for now I’ll just tell you what it was. I will say that it was not an easy decision to come to and I prayed about it a lot. A year ago I decided to begin studying martial arts. :shock:

After deciding to do this, the Holy Spirit did give me some signs about this. The first was when decididing on a school, I couldn’t believe the symbol. A fist surrounded by the wings of a dove.

http://www.arizonawado.com/page1.asp?page=otsuka&MenuID=20

"Violent action may be understood as the way of martial arts, but the true meaning of martial arts is to seek and attain the way of peace and harmony."
    --Hironori Otsuka, founder of Wado karate

Wa do (pronounced wah-doe) literally translates to "the way of peace"

6. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I was always a big fan of Bruce Lee and have carefully studied his style particularly his flowing arm movement and power punching methods - although I am sceptical of some aspects of martial arts as it has a 'spiritual' dimension with its origins in the Eastern philosophies and religions, nevertheless a Christian can train and become fit using the skills etc but be careful if they ask you to go inside youself to find the power from within as if it is some hidden force within. Use it well to train for self-defence. I boxed a little when I was a young lad and see boxing as the 'noble art of self-defence' in fact over the years I have continued to shadow box and have learnt to incorporate some of the Bruce Lee fist and arm moves into my boxing style. As a result I have develpoed a very rapid style of fluent arm movements and I have developed 'fast hands' and can punch really hard from 6 inches to a target [the punch-bag in the garage!]. I have never had to use force nor am I an aggressive person rather I have learnt it as a means of self-defence and I enjoy the physical aspect and the wonderful flowing moves that comes from practice. Not even my wife knows of this for I practice for only a few minutes some days in the garage or in the house into the mirror - when I get a bit of peace and quiet [I would be most embarrased if she caught me going through the moves :oops: !]. It's funny that I have never shared this with anyone nor thought I would ever do so but since Darrell has shared -- --- interesting though!

7. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

Darrell: I have both of my kids in Tai Kwon Do. I too wasn't certain as to whether it was right. They bow to the Korean flag as well as the United States flag as they go into the sparring room. But as we got to know the instructors we realized that they were all Catholic! They talk about God in class all the time, respecting parents, teachers and standing up for what is right and good. I have been very pleased.

Oddly, they are downstairs right now watching the final episode of a Japonese cartoon which interestingly enough teaches pascifism (after four seasons of martial arts). I've decided to talk to them about St. Micheal again and explain that Catholics are not pascifists and while that might look like the right thing, they need to understand that St. Micheal has a sword for a reason.

I recently asked you all to help pray for a friend and her clients who are being attacked by a group of Satanists. Several of those who had been stalking her client and hurting her recently came to very violent deaths.

This really threw me off base and I've kept this to myself for quite a awhile but I think I have it figured out now (God's been working hard on me). Sometimes our prayer efforts will result in endings that might surprise us- the deaths of others included in those surprises. I have to have faith that God knows what he is doing and the Angels that were working on this problem dispatched their duty somehow.

Keep praying for my friend her Clients by the way- they continue the assault on her mind through indirect methods.
    No one evil has been to her house lately :) I know our prayers have had effect, But their indirect threatening efforts have caused the client's mind to fragment even more. Pray for peace in her life and a connection to God.

So I bring this up here in support of learning self-defense. I think its important that we fight back when we have to. God's Angels are. Mary is leading a war! We are her soldiers, her nurses, her doctors, her farmers, her front lines, her support lines, and everything else in between. I'll leave strategy up to her though.

8. padraig

padraig New Member

Its very,very hard to know what to do some times. I have long ago resolved to leave things in the hands of God, that He might lead me as He wished when the time came. I must say I would far, far rather die than carry a firearm or hurt anyone. But thats my choice. I know the Churches teachings are not pacifist but this is my own personal choice.

However who knows really what the future may hold? When I was young I had very definite views one way or the other on using violence, but as I can older I have seen how quickly events can change things.....but as I say, may God guide us as events occur.

As far as Satnists go, I think the way it works is that when they turn to Satan their Guardian Angels get, 'Turned off' as it were and this leaves them defenseless against direct demonic attack and any thing else that happens along. It is, in effect the sword of God's justice. It is no coincidence. I would say Satanists, in general have a much, much shorter life span than other folks unless they are very important and vital to Satan's plans.

9. darrell

darrell New Member

Bobby, let’s hope your wife doesn’t check out the forum or your secret’s out. :lol: I also am a Bruce Lee fan – first time I saw him was as Kato in the Green Hornet. He was incredible. Of course, Bruce Lee was famous for his “one-inch punch.”

Don’t think I need to worry about eastern spirituality at my dojo. I found out my instructor founded the Christian Karate Association. He has a picture of Jesus in his office.

I also have no desire to hurt anyone, but I would hate it far worse to stand idly by and let someone hurt a child or a woman.

I'll be perfectly happy if I never have to use my karate for anything beyond fitness and sport, but as Padraig said, we don’t really know what the future holds and the potential for a breakdown of our infrastructure is very real...

10. Mario

Mario Powers

Kathleen,

It is not unheard of for God to act decisively when one of his children is under assault. Patti Wagner was the woman who invented the Permanent. She was a Christian who was framed and then murdered by a group of people to obtain her fortune. Amazingly God raised her from the dead and the Holy Spirit instructed her on how to escape from where she had been held hostage. As she was in the process of escaping, Jesus told her to pray for the conspirators throughout the night. Why? In his justice, God was arranging for each of them to die in various accidents that night! :shock: You can read all about it in Murdered Heiress, Living Witness. It's one of those testimonial stories that sticks with you a long time.

BTW, I'll keep praying for your friends.

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

11. padraig

padraig New Member

I remember a very long time ago finding a tattered ancient old book in the monastic library which contained a load of stories about angels and mystical goings on.

One story {which the book said was true and was told by a saint} was about a student, a young noble man who attended studies in Salamanca University in Spain. During his studies he became interested in and took up studies of the Black Arts. One day he left Salamanca to ride home. On the road , it is said he was confronted by his angel guardian who raised a sword as though to strike the young man down. The young man repented of what he had done and returned to the faith.

I could easily believe this and I think God could quite easily instruct our Angel Guardians to kill us. Why? Well, partly to serve justice but also as an act of mercy. To save us from going to a very,very deep part of hell if we were going to get involved in this stuff.

I know that this sounds far fetched but these is an example of a couple whom, I suspect were killed by an angel in the Acts of the Apostles:

The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. With great power the apostles bore witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great favor was accorded them all.

There was no needy person among them, for those who owned property or houses would sell them, bring the proceeds of the sale, and put them at the feet of the apostles, and they were distributed to each according to need. . .

A man named Ananias, however, with his wife Sapphira, sold a piece of property. He retained for himself, with his wife's knowledge, some of the purchase price, took the remainder, and put it at the feet of the apostles. But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart so that you lied to the Holy Spirit and retained part of the land? While it remained unsold, did it not remain yours? And when it was sold, was it not still under your control? Why did you contrive this deed? You have lied not to human beings, but to God." When Ananias heard these words, he fell down and breathed his last, and great fear came upon all who heard of it. The young men came and wrapped him up, then carried him out and buried him.

After an interval of about three hours, his wife came in, unaware of what had happened. Peter said to her, "Tell me, did you sell the land for this amount?" She said, "Yes, for that amount." Then Peter said to her, "Why did you agree to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen, the footsteps of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out." At once, she fell down at his feet and breathed her last. When the young men entered they found her dead, so they carried her out and buried her beside her husband. And great fear came upon the whole church and upon all who heard of these things. (Acts 4:32-35; 5:1-11)

[​IMG]

There was one priest, an Englishman, Monsignor Hugh Benson ( a convert and the son of the Archbishop of Canterbury} who wrote a lot about this kind of stuff around the start of the 20th century. He tells wonderful stories about the future too.

Robert Hugh Benson (18 November 1871 – 19 October 1914) was the youngest son of Edward White Benson, Archbishop of Canterbury, and younger brother of Edward Frederic Benson. Benson was educated at Eton College, and then studied Classics and Theology at Trinity College, Cambridge, from 1890 to 1893.[1] In 1895, he was ordained a priest in the Church of England by his father, Edward White Benson, who was then Archbishop of Canterbury.
    Msgr. R. H. Benson, 1912, age 40

His father died suddenly in 1896, and Benson was sent on a trip to the Middle East to recover his own health. While there, he began to question the status of the Church of England and to consider the claims of the Roman Catholic Church. His own piety began to tend toward the High Church variety, and he started exploring religious life in various Anglican communities, eventually obtaining permission to join the Community of the Resurrection.

Benson made his profession as a member of the community in 1901, at which time he had no thoughts of leaving the Church of England. But as he continued his studies and began writing, he became more and more uneasy with his own doctrinal position, and on 11 September 1903 he was received into the Roman Catholic Church.

He was ordained a Catholic priest in 1904 and sent to Cambridge. He continued his writing career along with the usual elements of priestly ministry. He was named a monsignor in 1911.

Some of his books are still in print and worth reading, I suspect that in order to find out the stuff he did he must have been a great mystic himself, I loved reading all his stories.

12. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

Padraig,
    Thanks for the story.
    Very interresting. I ordered the book and I'm looking forward to reading it.

I was thinking about what you said about bearing weapons- I'm not certain I would ever pick up a gun either but we'll see what God gives me as a challenge in the future.

Given the skills He has made sure that I have aquired through the years, I'm assuming that I will have a roll that will include taking in traumatized kids and caring for them. Since children are targets of evil, my assumption will be that I will have to protect them. I'm not sure how I will do that but I imagine I will be guided by the Holy Spirit if I ask him. I'm going to pray and prepare. I think with this recent issue with my friend and her client, God is letting me know that prayer is a great weapon against evil and I need to trust in that. So I guess in my own way I am preparing my own weapon (that of prayer) to wage war against evil.
    Its been a rough road recently, but I think I'm begining to get it.

Thanks again for the story. It helped a few peices fall into place.
    Pray, pray, pray

13. garabandal

garabandal Powers

With regard to self-defence I would only ever use it in extreme circumstances like a surprise attack from someone as it would be in my instinct to defend myself. I would not be fit enough to box even one round but when I was young I could box had for 3 X 3 minute rounds so the little bit of knowledge I have would be just to ward someone off with an intense burst - I think if someone jumped me I think my instincts of self-preservation would take over but it would not be my aim to really hurt the person but to disarm them.

With regard to war I would be fairly certain that I would be a pacifist and a consciencious objector but then if Muslim extremists invaded our country and attacked my home and children then perhaps I might have to defend my family, who knows what one would do?

Prayer though is the most important weapon at the Christian's disposal.

14. padraig

padraig New Member

I am smiling. I had to walk up to collect my car this morning and the horn would not switch off!! I had to make a hasty exit and rush back home and am waiting to go for a train. I was surprised how annoyed I am by such a little thing. I get into a routine and I hate it being disturbed. This is not good, we have to float , in the Spirit with whatever comes. Fasting and penance helps us do this. I must be slacking.

There was the most extraordinary sky this morning. The clouds were silver and surrounded the sun like a corona. Round the sun itself was a corona. I have no doubts that times are very,very close indeed.

Booklady likes this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member

The Fourth Icon.

3-7-4

I was shown the United States as being like the most beautiful crystal bowl, whole and looking like it will last for ever. However on looking closer I was shown that it had deep cracks running right through its very soul and it was on the very point of fragmenting.

After the dissolution of the Union, which is shown in the third icon the pace of events and persecution of Christians ..and Catholics moves so quickly from area to area that it seems impossible to keep up with. However alliances between States and regions sometimes remain solid and firm . So between Three States, Seven states and Four states which will for each combination provide a great shelter for those of Faith. One of these alliances however will include non Americans from the Pacific region.

I know how unlikely this seems, but folks do not realise that the whole world is about to change, from top to bottom.

So in much of the Future of the USA will be a struggle between Faith and those who have abandoned Faith and turned to outright evil.

16. darrell

darrell New Member

I think I said this before, but if someone had asked me a year before the wall came down if the Soviet Union would ever fall, I probably would have said highly unlikely. But the wall came down. Simply by looking at the things we've been discussing for years now which Padraig has highlighted in this thread -- on the spiritual side: ever declining moral fabric of western society; loss of faith; satanic assault on the Church resulting in declining numbers of priests, dissappearing religious orders and lukewarmness- "Christianity lite"; and on the physical side economic instability and deterioration; along with the strain on our government's resources from terrorist attack and escalating "Natural" disasters -- it's not hard to see how we could be one "catastrophe" away from the breakdown of infrastructure. So not only does it not seem unlikely to me, it in fact seems probable. As one friend said, "Something's got to give."

17. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Thanks again Padraig for continuing to post the "icons."

One question- did you post the "first icon"? Looking back, I only see the second, third and fourth. Thanks!

18. garabandal

garabandal Powers

There was the most extraordinary sky this morning. The clouds were silver and surrounded the sun like a corona. Round the sun itself was a corona. I have no doubts that times are very,very close indeed.

I think the SUN is going to play a big part in future events particularly in bringing down satellite communications and disrupting the magetic fields - there may be a particularly significant solar storm in the near future.

19. padraig

padraig New Member

Hi Bi,

I went back and counted, I did not so there had been so much written on this thread. I counted back, the post, 'The Theban Legion' is the first though it is not named as such.

20. padraig

padraig New Member

I was just asking myself the question, are things really as bad in the world as all that? Also, if they are, what are the Signs that they are? I think this goes back to the injunction given by Our Lady at Medugorje, to , 'Read the SIgns of the Times'..which like all the Words of Our Lady are very scriptural, reflecting the words of her Son:

The Pharisees and Sadducees came to Jesus and tested him by asking him to show them a sign from heaven. He replied, "When evening comes, you say, `It will be fair weather, for the sky is red,' and in the morning, `Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times. A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah." Jesus then left them and went away. [Matthew 16:1-4]

I think the way folks generally look at things is that the vast majority of people are good and well meaning, hard working and doing the best they can for their families. Certainly they have their faults but, well we all have that. ...and going along with that an injunction not to be, 'judgemental' on others ..to let folks do, 'Their own thing'. Another great catch phrase is, 'Well I am not religious but I am very spiritual'. Which means we do not have to attend Church or any religious practise but in and of ourselves be deep religious inside , in internal, rather than external practise.

The only difficulty with all this is that it totally leaves Christ and His Church out of the equation. In a way it means that Jesus is no longer Our Saviour.....for if things can just motor on regardless of faith or no faith what does it matter?

But, on the surface it looks like things ARE motoring along very nicely, Faith or no Faith.

Its hard not to write about this without seeming judgemental, but I;ll try anyway. My best window into the world is through my own family and those I work with.

At work I would say only a small minority are believers. I suppose most would profess a belief in God. But a living, breathing faith that really matters are few. I think it was yesterday it talked in the Gospel about not hiding one's lamp.

Luke 8:16-17 "No one, when he has lit a lamp, covers it with a container, or puts it under a bed; but puts it on a stand, that those who enter in may see the light. For nothing is hidden, that will not be revealed; nor anything secret, that will not be known and come to light."

If a person loves a particular sport, or rock group, or cooking or gardening and has a passion for it, it will just shine out from them. How much more then will it not shine out from people who love God?

But its more than that, the presence of the Holy Spirit , the active growing light of God inside people causes tham to shine so that the old holy pictures of people with halos is actually true, people who follow God, who let the Holy Spirit into their lives actually shine, for they carry God within.

[​IMG]

On the other hand as Jesus said when the ye is darkened it is dark indeed. My looking at folks around me is an impression of deepest darkness and gray all around.

However because we live in sophisticated Western Civilisations this truth is masked by a Social Contract that people should act in certain ways. However when this mask slips and civilisation falters this Contrat will falter and things will come out in the open as it really is. For their is the most profound selfishness in a person who is not open to the Holy Spirit.

Also when I think of hell I think of a great grayness, an intense joylessness of the absence of the Holy Spirit.

The Book of Revelation shows , quite clearly that, as time goes by the clear water between evil and good will grow. This is happening very rapidly before our very eyes. The sheep and the goats are separating, but what is more important the goats will turn into ravening wolves and rend the sheep.

We are living in the times foretold by scripture and this is beginning to happen before our very eyes as the Great Persecution, with the breakdown in Modern Civilisation gets under way.

[​IMG]

Booklady likes this.