The Future of the United States of America.

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, May 5, 2010.

1. darrell

darrell New Member

I wonder if Michael Brown has been lurking on the forums again? The headline on SpiritDaily yesterday asked, “With God Removed from So Much in U.S., is American Dream Turning into a Nightmare?

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/why-are-so-many-horrible-things-happening-to-america-all-of-a-sudden

Padraig, I love your description of the Army of Mary – prayerful, Eucharistic, faithful to the teaching of the Church, devotional.

I would add one other thing Blessed Mother asks of us, as in this message from Our Lady in Medjugorje, May 25, 2009:
    Dear children, In this time, I call you all to pray for the coming of the Holy Spirit upon every baptized creature, so that the Holy Spirit may renew you all and lead you on the way of witnessing your faith – you and all those who are far from God and his love. I am with you and intercede for you before the Most High. Thank you for having responded to my call.

She asks us to witness our faith.

I don’t want to hijack your thread, so I’ll continue with this thought in the “Healthy Perspective” thread.

2. padraig

padraig New Member

Thanks for the reminder, Darrell, the Holy Spirit being at the centre of, the cause and effect of all Mysticism, all prayer

3. padraig

padraig New Member

...and so in the period leading up to the Second Vatican Council {11 October 1962 and closed under Pope Paul VI on 21 November 1965} ; Satan gradually infiltrated and traduced as his own those whose responsibility it was to educate the young priests and religious, those who in their own turn bore the responsibility in their own turn to teach the young of the Catholic Church in their country.

[​IMG]

In fact at least one Catholic writer , the Englishman and devout Catholic writer JR Tolkein in his trilogy , 'The Lord of the Rings (He appears in the second and third volumes of the work, The Two Towers and The Return of the King};Grima Wormtongue a type of the children of the Mist who corrupt all that they touch from within. Worms eating at the heart of goodness, the Church.

[​IMG]

The name Gríma derives from the Icelandic word meaning "mask

'Gríma, son of Gálmód, was at first a faithful servant, but he secretly fell in league with Saruman, and from then worked to weaken Théoden and his kingdom through lies and persuasion.

Tolkien describes him as "a wizened figure of a man, with a pale wise face, and heavy lidded eyes", with a "long pale tongue"; he later says his face is indeed very pale.

He was not much loved in Edoras; everyone except Théoden himself called him "Wormtongue", for his malicious words were like that of a serpent (or dragon, as this quite fits with the speeches of Glaurung in the First Age). Gandalf repeatedly compares him to a snake:

The wise speak only of what they know, Gríma son of Gálmód. A witless worm have you become. Therefore be silent, and keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a serving-man till the lightning falls.

See, Théoden, here is a snake! To slay it would be just. But it was not always as it now is. Once it was a man, and it did you service in its fashion.

It is implied that Saruman had promised him Éowyn, the king's niece, as a reward for his services. Éomer accused him of "watching her under his lids and haunting her steps", but was prevented from killing him right there and then; he would have killed him for this earlier if it had not been against the law.

As Tolkien writes in Unfinished Tales, Gríma may even have given Théoden "subtle poisons" that caused him to become frail and appear to age even more.'

Booklady likes this.
  4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I suppose the infiltration of the smoke of satan into the church in the early 60s manifested itself in the priests who abused children and were not held to account.

The world changed enormously from the 1960s and we continue to see the fruit of the rebellious spirit that entered into society and culture. Many, many demons must have been let loose in the 60s.

5. padraig

padraig New Member

cf:

http://the-american-catholic.com/2010/03/01/pope-paul-vi-and-the-smoke-of-satan/

[​IMG]

HOMILY OF PAUL VI

SOLEMNITY OF THE HOLY APOSTLES PETER AND PAUL

THURSDAY, 29 JUNE 1972

Referring to the situation of the Church today, the Holy Father affirms that he has a sense that “from some fissure the smoke of Satan has entered the temple of God.” There is doubt, incertitude, problematic, disquiet, dissatisfaction, confrontation. There is no longer trust of the Church; they trust the first profane prophet who speaks in some journal or some social movement, and they run after him and ask him if he has the formula of true life. And we are not alert to the fact that we are already the owners and masters of the formula of true life. Doubt has entered our consciences, and it entered by windows that should have been open to the light. Science exists to give us truths that do not separate from God, but make us seek him all the more and celebrate him with greater intensity; instead, science gives us criticism and doubt. Scientists are those who more thoughtfully and more painfully exert their minds. But they end up teaching us: “I don’t know, we don’t know, we cannot know.” The school becomes the gymnasium of confusion and sometimes of absurd contradictions. Progress is celebrated, only so that it can then be demolished with revolutions that are more radical and more strange, so as to negate everything that has been achieved, and to come away as primitives after having so exalted the advances of the modern world.

This state of uncertainty even holds sway in the Church. There was the belief that after the Council there would be a day of sunshine for the history of the Church. Instead, it is the arrival of a day of clouds, of tempest, of darkness, of research, of uncertainty. We preach ecumenism but we constantly separate ourselves from others. We seek to dig abysses instead of filling them in.

FOR A LIFEGIVING AND REDEEMING “CREDO”

How has this come about? The Pope entrusts one of his thoughts to those who are present: that there has been an intervention of an adverse power. Its name is the devil, this mysterious being that the Letter of St. Peter also alludes to. So many times, furthermore, in the Gospel, on the lips of Christ himself, the mention of this enemy of men returns. The Holy Father observes, “We believe in something that is preternatural that has come into the world precisely to disturb, to suffocate the fruits of the Ecumenical Council, and to impede the Church from breaking into the hymn of joy at having renewed in fullness its awareness of itself. Precisely for this reason, we should wish to be able, in this moment more than ever, to exercise the function God assigned to Peter, to strengthen the Faith of the brothers. We should wish to communicate to you this charism of certitude that the Lord gives to him who represents him though unworthily on this earth.” Faith gives us certitude, security, when it is based upon the Word of God accepted and consented to with our very own reason and with our very own human spirit. Whoever believes with simplicity, with humility, sense that he is on the good road, that he has an interior testimony that strengthens him in the difficult conquest of the truth.

Booklady likes this.
  6. Lee

Lee Principalities

I had a dream Saturday night. It was in my church but the church was dirty and unkempt as were the members. On the 3rd day of seeing this I pulled the father of our pastor aside ( it was through his testimony that I made my way to Medjurgorje). I asked him what was happening and he stopped and looked right in my eye and the dream got really really real and he said "Jesus will come soon". I started to pulsate and woke up.

7. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes, Gail, God has to intervene directly, the mist in the Church, the Smoke of Satan, is so strong even the good sheep are wandering to their doom.

[​IMG]

Booklady likes this.
  8. darrell

darrell New Member

I was listening to a talk show on Catholic radio the other day, and a woman called in worried about her son in the seminary. She stated that they had to undergo frequent psychological examinations. I don’t have a problem with that – we need healthy minds in the priesthood – but what I do have a problem with is that she stated these psychologists in the seminary are telling the young men that they don’t want strong priests! They want them to be vulnerable so that people will relate to them… Vulnerable? Vulnerable to what? I don’t know how many stories I’ve heard of men getting kicked out of the seminary because they are too holy. The establishment in the seminaries like their lifestyle and don’t won’t anybody messing with their comfort. Reminds me of St. John of the Cross.

Here’s what Father Corapi has to say about it.

“If you don’t have a backbone, you can’t stand up.” I love it. These are the kind of men we need in the priesthood. Also what he says at the end ties in to our being a witness.

9. padraig

padraig New Member

[​IMG]

I love Father Corapi too, Darrell, a great and holy man. A prophet.

But I have to say the last few times I listened to him I had the deepest prayerful feeling that he is under the greatest spiritual assault and trial. Someone like himself is like a soldier who goes into the very forefront of battle, a great hero. So of course he becomes subject to the most arduous Satanic assault.

I really feel we must pray very, very much for spiritual warriors like this and not take their success in battle for granted. I have have very deep sympathy for him, he is not getting it too easy.

10. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Fr Corapi is a real soldier of Christ - I wouldn't like to fall out with him as he looks like someone who could box your ears off!!

It's also quite sobering to hear him in full-flight - it makes me feel like a quiet mouse in comparison but then he is a giant among men.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  11. Seán

Seán New Member

He reminds me of a modern-day Padre Pio...

12. padraig

padraig New Member

He reminds me of the old days when the priests used to thunder the truth from the pulpits and you would have heard them, even if you were death. But it takes great confidence and faith to have a good thunder. :D You must hold the truths of the faith firmly in your own heart before shouting them out to others.

Booklady likes this.
  13. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I agree Padraig, his faith is imbedded in his soul and there is not a shred of doubt. Fr Corapi speaks with authority because he lives the faith and walks close to Jesus and Mary. He appears to be someone who has gone through a complete metanoia [like St Paul]. There is clarity in his every sentence and he radiates the light of God's truth. There is also a fire in his belly and I just love that because he preaches and teaches with conviction.

Imagine if every country had a priest like Fr Corapi !

14. Seán

Seán New Member

The trouble is now, unfortunately, priests who 'thunder' are more often than not
    reported to the local ordinary. It is a very difficult thing to do, to stand up for the
    faith, and I pray that more may do so, given the times we live in.

Booklady likes this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes,Shane, I dare say any priest who mentioned an apparition site from the altar would find himself sent to preach to goats in the Sahara desert before he got back to his sacristy. It IS hard to be brave.

[​IMG]

Come to think of it, I don't recall EVER hearing any priest anywhere preaching on apparitions. :shock:

16. Lee

Lee Principalities

Our holy priest does just that. He talks about all of them with great passion and especially Medjugorje. He was going there long before he became a priest and Our Lady just blesses and blesses him. It's great to be a part of.

Lee

17. twoangels

twoangels New Member

Lee, Oh lucky you!!

Siobhan

18. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

Lee- Thats sooooo wonderful! Kath

19. Lee

Lee Principalities

It is wonderful, in fact his sister has organized a pilgrimage in early June and the whole family and a good bit of the parish is going to Medjugorje including Father. Our Lady's graces are abundant.
    Lee

20. Lee

Lee Principalities

If anyone is going around June 10th, Father will most likely be in the English speaking confessional. He's the young one with the brilliant smile...and long line :wink: