The Elites and Their Drive to Control Us

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by PurpleFlower, Dec 26, 2020.

1. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Principalities

I had a deep realization today that stopped me in my tracks and helped me see things in a new and very helpful light.

I was reading today's chapter in the Consecration to Mary preparation for children with my 7-year-old, and the topic was "Envy." An example was given of the evil stepmother and stepsisters who were so envious of Cinderella's beauty and goodness that they made her their slave. Instead of trying to be good and beautiful themselves, I suppose they assumed they couldn't, and the only thing left to do was to make Cinderella as miserable as they could, to somehow make themselves feel better.

It really is a tragic thing, and kind of moves me to pity, to realize that this is playing out in the world. I had wondered earlier today, just musing while I watched my kids play outside, "Why do the elites, who supposedly have it all, want so badly to control and squash the middle class?" It occurred to me that there must be some kind of envy involved, and when I see the shallowness of those with so much wealth and power...the emptiness, drugs, sexual addiction, the realization that money and fame isn't bringing them the happiness they long for... I imagine they turn and look at the lower classes with their families and faith and simpler life and can't stand that we somehow manage to find joy in the mundane that they thought themselves too good for.

And of course, most specifically, they can't stand those with Faith --that which actually brings true joy and simplicity and security in such a confusing, desperate world. It stops me in my tracks to REALLY think about this. WE have what they desperately want but can't obtain. At least, they believe they can't obtain it. Because in order to obtain it, they would have to give up what they built their whole lives around--self-fulfillment, vice, themselves as god. They are like the rich man walking sadly away from Jesus rather than give up their riches, and therefore turning their back on the one thing that would truly make them happy. And that drives them to such loathing for themselves that they turn on the ones who do choose Jesus and true happiness, and seek to make them miserable like themselves. "We cannot be happy because we have rejected God, thus we want you to reject God and be unhappy as well!"

Doesn't this strike you as something to pity? I have spent so much time lately being worried and scared about what the elites are trying to do to this world--how they want to control us and take away our traditions, well-being and faith--and all along it's not so much because they're gleefully drunk with power... It's because they're miserable and hurting inside and they ENVY US. They will never be able to take from us the one thing that truly brings us joy--Christ--and that makes them POWERLESS. For they may enslave our bodies, drag us into abject poverty and close our churches but they cannot reach into our souls and drive Christ out. They cannot steal us off the path to an eternity of joy without our consent.

What frustration for them! What madness it must drive them to! And what courage and strength for us to realize how little power they really have over us! What is this short life in comparison to eternity? Even the worst tribulation you can dream up for this world can only last the blink of an eye in the contrast of an eternity in perfect joy with Jesus and Mary and the angels and saints.

And what a reminder...that these people we see as our enemies, that we are tempted to hate, or complain about, are miserable, suffering people who desperately want what we have but don't feel that they can have it. These are the ones Jesus is crying for. They and those who follow them are the ones for whom He cries out "I thirst!" They're the ones Mary is appearing everywhere for, desperate to save them as any mother would be for her children, before it's too late.

And it's up to us. We can save them. Our rosaries--they are the ones our rosaries are for. We who are safe with Christ are being begged by Him and Mary to pray--not so much to protect ourselves from evil plans--but to save the precious souls of these sad, confused and bitter people. Even Soros was once a little child, beloved by God then and still beloved by God now. If he is beloved by God, then shouldn't he be beloved by us? Shouldn't we be on our knees desperate to save him? Shouldn't we be moved with compassion toward every liberal, Marxist, communist, or otherwise godless and deluded person we encounter?

This realization has completely changed how I see the current state of the world. I'm no longer afraid. I'm going to do everything I can to save souls. Thank you for letting me share my thoughts with you. :love:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    Luiflower, Booklady, MMM and 17 others like this.
  2. border collie

border collie Archangels

A brilliant insight! Thank you

3. Mario

Mario Powers

One might also say that it is the devil that is made powerless. The devil hates the persevering Christian, yes, even envies us, because one day we will reign with Christ, while his single choice has left the devil in the outer darkness, where there is the wailing and gnashing of teeth. So, yes, let us pray against JoeJerk, but for the arrogant and powerful elites; as long as they live, there is the opportunity to repent!

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

4. josephite

josephite Powers

Yes Brilliant
    To Love the unlovable.
    Just as Jesus does!
    and to remember that love is not a feeling but an act of the will.
    Thank you Purple Flower.

5. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 + To Jesus through Mary @-}--

Excellent.

Booklady, sparrow and PurpleFlower like this.
  6. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Such a beautiful insight, thank you for posting this.

Booklady, sparrow and PurpleFlower like this.
  7. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Indeed, we ought to always pray for them all. Let's not overlook that selfishness, predatory capitalism, racist nationalism, religious hatred and extreme forms of prejudice and exclusion lead many souls to isolation and disgust for others and are just as prevalent if not more so these days here in the west where men calling themselves Christians delude themselves. Marxists, communists, and liberals are simply another form of the corruption which invades the heart of our nations and people. All these simply wish to remove legitimate divine authority and make every man their own sovereign and pope.
    Our modern day Lords, almost without exception, the ones we are instructed from birth to believe that we have the individual duty to elect are hired hands of the worst sort. There are the occasional much loved exception of course but generally these few seem to fall prey to either some corruption scandal and are unceremoniously tossed out in a public display of humiliation or in the worst cases are removed by force in some other much less amicable way. If they should manage to avoid the pit their time is extinguished by rules ensuring the next self proclaimed Lord receives their turn to rule.
    No longer do we have monarchs serving our kingdoms tasked with and granted the divine sacred responsibility and authority to protect their realms, their people, and ensure peace and a bond of brotherhood between us as well as other kingdoms through our joint commonalities and most importantly in spite of our differences. The sacred yoke of Christ to ensure lasting peace and fellowship between men has in large part been forgotten and replaced with platitudes. This is no exaggeration, we are in the darkest of ages ever known to mankind and yet the lions share see this time through a finely crafted veil of self interest, materialism, and scientific and technological progress and because of our ignorance and lack of understanding we know nothing of true peace or love for our neighbors.

Of course, all is not lost in spite of this. We are hemmed in however and thinking that we can ride out the storm in our own islands of self indulgence or isolation is a mistake we can afford to delude ourselves with.

[28] Knowest thou not, or hast thou not heard? the Lord is the everlasting God, who hath created the ends of the earth: he shall not faint, nor labour, neither is there any searching out of his wisdom. [29] It is he that giveth strength to the weary, and increaseth force and might to them that are not. [30] Youths shall faint, and labour, and young men shall fall by infirmity.
    [31] But they that hope in the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall take wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

8. sparrow

sparrow The ultimate limit to evil is Divine Mercy

Beautiful PF! Awesome insight! Thanks for posting your thoughts, they are perfect.

9. Luiflower

Luiflower New Member

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
    Romans 12:19-21

Don_D, sparrow and PurpleFlower like this.