The Cross of Christ!

Discussion in 'Scriptural Thoughts' started by josephite, Jan 13, 2021.

1. josephite

josephite Powers

The cross
    As Our Lord explains, before His Death that we are to take up our cross and follow Him!
    The cross?
    What does this mean?!

Matthew 16:24
    4Then Jesus told His disciples, “If anyone wants to come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. 25For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.…

Luke 9:23
    22“The Son of Man must suffer many things,” He said. “He must be rejected by the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and He must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.” 23Then Jesus said to all of them, “If anyone wants to come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me. 24For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save

Mark 8: 34
    34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

In the Gospels we read Our lords words that the cross is our salvation! and He says this before anyone knew that He would be crucified!

We are to take up a cross and follow Him? What did this mean!!

At the second station of the "way of the cross" we are shown what this means , as Jesus is made to bear His cross!

So too we are to bear our Cross in Love!

God sees all, no one can hide from Him, therefore Lord have Mercy on us all. Amen

DesertStar7 likes this.