THE CATHOLIC MASS IN 155 AD

Discussion in 'Video Blogs' started by padraig, Sep 9, 2012.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

The words of St. Justin Martyr, in a letter to Antoninus Pius, Emperor, 155 AD. This is an explanation of the Mass to the Emperor. It is the same Mass in substance practiced today by the Catholic Church in obedience to the Holy Father, our Pope, in Rome who alone sits in the Chair of Peter.
    Praise be Jesus Christ in His One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.

2,000 years

“And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.” (Mt 28:20)

2. padraig

padraig Powers

3. padraig

padraig Powers

Oh!! Cried my eyes out watching that one.:)

4. Miriam

Miriam Archangels

How blessed we are.....thanks for sharing! :)

5. Mario

Mario Powers

Yes, the Church is such a beautiful gift to the world, especially in her Sacred Mysteries, whether in 155AD or 2012AD. For those blessed with eyes of faith rejoice in the contiunity the Holy Spirit has created over the centuries! Holy Communion indeed! When I received Our Lord this morning I was united with you in love to a far more profound degree than this forum can provide.

From today's second reading:

My brothers and sisters, show no partiality as you adhere to the faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ...Did not God choose those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom that he promised to those who love him?

A prayer for you all from this past Friday's Collect at Holy Mass:

Clothe us, Lord God, with the virtues of the Heart of your Son and set us aflame with his love, that, conformed to his image, we may merit a share in erternal redemption. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen!

6. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

How Beautiful!
    I remembered you all today at Our Lady of Sorrows Shrine rosaries and Mass.

7. THIS MIGHT BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I HAVE EVER SEEN. I DARE ALL OF YOU TO SEND IT TO EVERY PROTESTANT,AGNOSTIC, ATHEIST YOU HAVE ON YOUR EMAIL LIST...I AM GOING TO DO JUST THAT! WOW!

Padraig, I don't know where you find these gems, but you are a gem yourself. I appreciate your time and talent to find these things that edify and enlighten all of us. Its as if I am inches off the ground. I made my kids sit and read it before Mass and all they could say was , "Wow, it proves in so many different ways we are the one true church!"

RoryRory likes this.
  8. I'm going to try and find the music to 'How Beautiful' by Twila Paris that is on that youtube video. Nothing like starting the morning crying...lol