The BBC and Medjugorje

Discussion in 'Video Blogs' started by garabandal, Dec 12, 2010.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Northern Irish pilgrims share their experiences in a BBC documentary

http://www.medjugorje.ws/en/videos/bbc-pilgrims-medjugorje/

2. Mario

Mario Powers

Anytime I watch videos of Medjugorje the overwhelming gift of my family's pilgrimmage in 1987 washes over me. There is a yearning, an ache, to return and I rejoice in anyone who is able to return, even multiple times. But Mary has not asked me to return as she clearly invited me in 1987, rather the challenge remains to live her messages, to walk in the love and grace of the Holy Spirit, and to love others. For Jesus longs for us all to be his living tabernacles and the living stones which build up his Church. I still have far to go in the quest to be a conduit of his love.

1Peter2:4 Come to him, to that living stone, rejected by men but in God's sight chosen and precious; 5 and like living stones be yourselves built into a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For it stands in scripture: "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious, and he who believes in him will not be put to shame." 7 To you therefore who believe, he is precious, but for those who do not believe, "The very stone which the builders rejected has become the head of the corner," 8 and "A stone that will make men stumble, a rock that will make them fall"; for they stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.

3. padraig

padraig Powers

It seems to me almost incredible that a secular/humanist organisation like the BBC could have produced a programme like this; it could have been written in heaven!! The only way I can explain it is that the producer and staff must have experienced some kind of radical conversion experience out there. Its certainly not like the BBC!!

It reminds me of the time Malcolm Muggeridge (an avowed public atheist) travelled with the BBC to visit Mother Teresa's Hospice for the dying in Calcutta. A miracle orcurred when they found they could film in the half dark of the hospital without proper lighting. Malcolm Muggeridge was converted.

There are HUGE numbers travelling to Medugorje nowadys, in fact I would say most devout , practising Irish Catholics have visited there at least once.

I know some people on the forum do not believe in Medugorje, which is fair enough we do not, as Catholics have to. But really its hard for me to imagine anyone who visits there could come away not believing, the place is just incredible . I notice that apparently the Holy Father visited the place on at least two occasions incognito when he was a Cardinal....

Did anyone notice so many strange things on the news this morning? There are the weidest storms and fires, blizzards in the Middle East, really the strangest weather ever recorded there. In the USA and Northern Europe really, really harsh weather and South Korea is ungoing a two week live fire exercise and things are very, very tense there.

I just can't help feeling things are realy notching up a rung or two.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11979285

4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I noticed that too Padraig that there are more 'freak' storms/fires/weather and global and inter-regional tensions such as Korea, Venezuela etc... Poor old humanity skids along without a care in the world while the foundations crumble --- the supports and pillars that we had when we were growing up are disintegrating - family, parish, civic society --- there has been an unravelling ---

But also many Christians are struggling in the midst of this unravelling as our faith is tested --- how I have needed the mercy of God this week alone -- these are very trying times and it is so easy to get lost in the darkness that pervades our land. But we must struggle on for the struggle itself is part of the journey. Thank God for His grace and patience.

5. padraig

padraig Powers

Talking about spookey, strange occurances; a realy strange thing has been happening at work the last few eeks.

I have been working in the same place now for three and a half years and have always got on very, very well with the folks I work with (most of them grandmothers..not the kind of folk to go off the edge). I got on so well with them some of them asked for my prayers and had far too high an opnion of me.

But a new lady started part time and things have really changed radically. She was itensely hostile to me from the start and any new person starting she has turned against me. Last Friday it got so bad with her pulling people aside to whisdper to them about me I was nearly distracted. ..and it has worked..for the atmosphere towards me in work has suddnely grown very, very hostile. The other day a really spooky thing happened. I was walking past her desk and turned round suddenly and saw her looking at me fixedly..I can only describe it as sneer and her eyes..it was as if something was looking back at me from inside her with the most intense malice.

So bad has it got that I have started looking for another job. Worse my boss who really was very fond of me has fallen and broken her wrist putting up a Christmas tree..she used to look after me and kinda shield me from this lady. I may be getting paranoid but this 'accident 'sounds very convenient to me too.

But there are man ythings strang about all this. to go from being treated in such a friendly way to this and so suddenly and by settled respectable women....also I haven't changed and they seem just so very willing to listen to the whispering campaign.

But I've prayed about it and am getting grace to accept it. I am sorry to have to leave somewhere and people whom I realy loved. But it reminds me that one cannot put faith in human respect or judgement, only in God.

But it goes along with what many folks having being saying about being attacked by the devil; for I really believe this all praternatural, its just so errie and unnatural.

I realy dread going into work on THursday, she will be waiting for me. But Thak God I have only one day to work with them this week. Its wonderful the graces God gives us to accept these things, I realy feel quite peaceful now about it, compared to what I was, but it is just so very unpleasant.

So yes, certainly from my own experience the devil realy is stepping things up at the minute. I just hope I can transfer to a new job quickly, please God before worse happens. It would give you goose pimples watching it all happening.

6. Lee

Lee Principalities

Padraig, are you sure you have to leave? Why would you have to leave and not the woman? Doesn't seem right to me especially with a track record of over 3 years in good stead.
    Do you remember the story of Char Vance after her pilgrimage to Medjugorje? She was met by the devil in every aspect of her business and finally prayed and placed St. Benedict crosses in the area where the devil was seated. Within a few days the opposition moved out. Is there any way you can use sacramentals to help you?

7. padraig

padraig Powers

I am going to sprinkle round a bout where the lady sits with Blessed Salt and start wearing a beautiful set of Saint Benedict's Rosary Beads. I have also being praying to Padre Pio.

But I am reminded in this of a piece of Scripture:

11"Whatever town or village you enter, search for some worthy person there and stay at his house until you leave. 12As you enter the home, give it your greeting. 13If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town.

It will take time to get a new job, hopefully if a miracle happens in the meanwhile I will stay. :D

If not, well the lady seems very,very implacable and is putting a huge amount of effort into all this. I don't think she will be distracted. I am praying for her, but so far with no apparent effect.

8. Lee

Lee Principalities

Stick a St. Benedict under her desk and see what happens! :wink:

9. padraig

padraig Powers

Good idea! i WILL DO THIS TONIGHT AS WELL...and let you know!!

10. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Padraig-

I'll pray for your situation, too. Sounds to me, though, like you are on the right track and dealing with the difficulties in a good, Christian way.

A quote from The Imitation of Christ that I came across today may be appropriate here:

"If you have the courage, the unfaltering hope, to steel your heart to bear even heavier trials, when you have lost all inward comfort; if you do not complain of the injustice of your lot, as if it were not right for you to undergo such great suffering, but acknowledge the justice of all my dealings with you, and praise my holy name: you may know then that you are walking on the true and unswerving path of peace, and nothing will be able to shake your hope of seeing my face once more in joy."

Book III, para. 25.

11. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Padraig, because you reside in the power of the Holy Spirit what you are experiencing and sensing in the preternatural level is real because the war is spiritual and some people are on the 'other side' and feel threatened by the Spirit of God.

I can't help but feel that after the warning things will become very much more clear-cut that we will not only feel but know who is on the side of God and who is on the side of Satan.

I sense some of us here on this forum will live to see part of Revelations fulfilled - the seal of the Living God [the Cross] on our foreheads.

Revelations:
    7:2} And I saw another Angel ascending from the rising of the sun, having the Seal of the living God. And he cried out, in a great voice, to the four Angels to whom it was given to harm the earth and the sea,
    {7:3} saying: “Do no harm to the earth, nor to the sea, nor to the trees, until we seal the servants of our God on their foreheads.”

The reason why I think this will happen in our generation is because it has already happened to Father Sudac. The sealing of the servants of God is an exciting prospect indeed!!

12. padraig

padraig Powers

I think you might enjoy this book Bobby:

[​IMG]

13. Lee

Lee Principalities

Padraig, I'm storming heaven for you. I believe that if we can change the spiritual realm then we can change the physical realm. WE know who's on our side, we know what's good and what's not, how can we loose?

14. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Padraig,
    I too will include this situation in my prayers. I too have seen some really scary things in the past 2 weeks. There are very dangerous families living in Limerick, gangs that would shoot you as soon as look at you. Members of one of these gangs turned up at my husbands office last week demanding something from him. He is terrified of them. Also I have had other scary incidents happening. At Mass on Saturday last I realised that all of this was a satanic attack so I am praying every day to seal all my family in the precious blood. Its true the heat is being turned up on all of us.

Mary

15. Lee

Lee Principalities

I've always prayed a "Hedge of Protection" for my family, I'm including now for all the forum members and their families. I had no idea things were getting so dangerous, it's good to be aware.

16. Mario

Mario Powers

I agree. In the '80s, the prayer group in which my family was involved was mentored by Fr. Rick Thomas of El Paso, TX. His prayer community extended across the border into Mexico and God worked many miracles among the people there. When Fr, Rick and co. ministered in prisons, they would use a form of spiritual warfare dubbed, executing the sentence, which has its roots in Psalm 149. We experienced it in Syracuse, NY, and found it wonderfully powerful in subduing demonic influence.

149:6 Let the high praises of God be in their throats and two-edged swords in their hands, 7 to wreak vengeance on the nations and chastisement on the peoples, 8 to bind their kings with chains and their nobles with fetters of iron, 9 to execute on them the judgment written! This is glory for all his faithful ones. Praise the LORD!

I will use this weapon in praying for your situation, Padraig.

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

17. Lee

Lee Principalities

I woke this morning because of a dream: a moving van pulled up in front of my house and two big guys popped out....GOD is delivering something!

18. Lee

Lee Principalities

PS Mario, I love it when you share trade secrets!

19. padraig

padraig Powers

Thnkas so much Terry I will memorise the psalm of for work on Thursaday. I am not looking forward to what is coming. But I think as one of your American , so true when we alk with God at our side. 'Pray and tursut' as Mary said Presidents once said, 'All we have to fear is fear itself ', so true when God and His holy angels walk beside us. But maybe God will pardon the goosepimples. :wink:

Mery you mentioned the gangsters in Limerick .I Happened one time to read about a gangster family down there and it just gave me the shivers, for apparently the whole lot had been involved in many killings. I notice when true great evil evolves in the heart of men it tends to go back several generations..just as we read of saint sparents and grand parents being holy,so too in the spiritual journey of the truly wicked we often see whoe generations walked , or rather running the road to hell. Its one reason I think the book by Mario PUzo on the Italian Mafia is spiritually illuminating in that it reveals this process of whoe generations taking a wrong turning.

Anyway I'd like to share a very scarey true story, which I can vouch for about evil of this kind. As I say it is scarey and maybe not for everyone so if talk about hell gives the shivers I would n't read this. :roll:

I will call this story;

The Two Friends.

About 25 years ago in Belfast there lived two boyhood friends whom I will call Joe and David.

Joes family , especially his mother were not very good. In fact she dd not feed the Joe right and he often went hungry and grew up himself turning to great cruelty and violence. In fact he became, as he grew older quite famous in the city as a very 'hard man'..always prone to violence and he eventually became a killer, full of hate and I believe he mudered quite a few people personally. He was very widely feared and known.

David was Joes close frined. Davids father, Patrick, was a heavy drinker, like most of his family hard working class hard men..I suppose you would say mens men ..they all worked on buildingsites and would take no nonsense from anyway. I knew Davids father quite well and he converted went of the drink and became quite a spiritual man. He was a barber and when I went into him he ised to give me the nick name, 'Padre Pio;..and liked to joke with me with the other Patrons and liked to talk with me about God. Anyhow its thorough this connection I got to hear this stroy.

David, Patrick's son became a very, very violent person full of the greatest hatred and bitterness and was a close colleague and friend of Joe whom I mentinoned above and also murdered very many people. Anyhow one time Dacid went into a bar and shot dead a harmless old man , a Christian and a very good person.

Shortly after this Joe was himself shot dead in terrible circumstances in which he snatched a baby from a woman and used it as a shield when his killers went to shott him, the bay was unharmed but he himself was killed.

Anyway shortly after this David had a truly terrible dream, which he related to his family and friends and which they tehmeselves openly shared. He dreamt, he said he was in a terrible dark place surrounded by flames on every side and before him was his dead former frined Joe. Joe looked at David and laughed most horribly and said,

'Where I am now soon you will be!'

Well David was terrified by this dream but did not reform.

A couple of weeks later he was shot to death himself.

His brothers told the story themselves at his wake.

[​IMG]

20. Lee

Lee Principalities

Padraig,

Sometimes I think I'm just too much of polyanna but it's really hard for me to understand that kind of depravity. And to be shown what would happen and still not turn around and go the other way. Oh my, we are just such stubborn people. Sometimes we choose to believe the lie. How incredibly sad.

This morning, in the early morning I woke and I was so heartsick...I recognized it wasn't my saddness, it was God's. I've never felt anything like that before. His heart was so very heavy. (No wonder, he has goons like this for children! :roll: )