The Awesome reflections of Fr. Willie Doyle

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Magdalen, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Magdalen

Magdalen Ave Maria!

Dear Friends,
    I should like to introduce you to an Irish priest who gave his life during WWI. The bravery of he and other chaplains is so very commendable and certainly make my small sacrifices appear as nothing. His so very Catholic reflections touch the heart!
    http://fatherdoyle.com/

[​IMG]

Mac likes this.
  2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Incredible man, incredible priest.

3. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Magdalen likes this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

I noticed a nice scene in, 'Band of Brothers' a HBO series based on the true accounts of members of a US airborne company.

In one scene they were engaged in very,very heavy fighting in a Normandy village and a Catholic Chaplain was administering the LAst Rites ,cool as a very cool cucumber in themidst of very heavy gun fire. The soldiers stared at him in amazement with their mouths open.

These Chaplains have so much to teach us.
    [​IMG]

Mac likes this.
  5. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

[​IMG]The end of an era is at hand. The army Chaplain will no longer be allowed in any army soon . At least not a truly Catholic one.

Look at whats happening next door to me in Australia. In the 1950s Australia was 25% catholic. Soon it will be a crime to speak Catholic doctrine, under the form of hate crimes/discrimination. Then thought crimes. We are seriously in for the fight of our lives and souls. God must intervene or there will be nothing left...

6. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

Thanks for posting the link Magdalen, and Mac for the videos. I only discovered recently that my late father was named after Fr Willie Doyle as his mother was a great admirer. I look forward to reading about him and watching the videos.

Mac likes this.