The Autumn Leaves

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Sep 20, 2021.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

The other day while out walking I had a very vivid inner experience. Suddenly as I looked around me I noticed all at once how incredibly beautiful the world was. It was as though I was suddenly looking at the world for the very first time. It reminded me of accounts of people who had just been told they were to die shortly and kind of, 'Suck things up', by using their short time left to really appreciate things. it was though all the world had turned into a poem.

I especially loved looking at the copper and bronze leaves lying on the ground like huge copper pennies.

What caused this? I think often as we go about we are occupied by many thoughts and worries. This stops us from looking around us with child like eyes and taking things in. Just at that time I was totally care free and so for a while child like. Prayer helps so much in this, to help us see...

Te Deum, Ed Kleese, Beth B and 3 others like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

3. thomas21

thomas21 Archangels

The ocean by the beach shore on islands always reminds me of beauty, the turquoise seas under the sun. Also beach sunsets are spectacular.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Beth B, AED and padraig like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

When I was young I remember being overwhelmed by the beauty of autumn. The glory of it was so intense I didn't know what to do so I threw out my arms and gave a great shout. (I was standing on a hill overlooking a valley at the time and no one could hear thankfully) but I think that kind of transcendent moment comes from heaven direct.
    There is an ode to Autumn by Edna St Vincent Millay that tries to capture it. One line: " Oh God I fear
    Thou hast made the earth too beautiful this year..."

RoryRory, Beth B, Byron and 2 others like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

Oh God I fear
    Thou hast made the earth too beautiful this year..."

:)

[​IMG]

RoryRory, Ed Kleese, AED and 3 others like this.
  6. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

I love autumn. I think it’s God’s visible message to us that there is beauty in sacrifice.:love:

And I’m really not good with sacrificing :oops::rolleyes:;)

padraig, Beth B, PurpleFlower and 3 others like this.
  7. MMM

MMM Archangels

Reminds me of a picture I took last fall! 20201017_151511.jpg

RoryRory, Te Deum, Arantxa and 8 others like this.
  8. Mario

Mario Powers

I love the bed of leaves!:):coffee:

Praised be the God of all life!

padraig, Beth B, AED and 3 others like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

RoryRory, padraig, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  10. AED

AED Powers

HeavenlyHosts, padraig and Beth B like this.
  11. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I think I’ll plan a long walk this fall in a scene just like this….trying to forget reality, if not but for a few hours ….

miker, HeavenlyHosts and padraig like this.
  12. padraig

padraig New Member

This is the most beautiful time of year for wonderful Feast Days popping up. The Holy Angels, St Therese, St Francis and on and on.:)

For some reason the Falling Leaves remind me of the Holy Souls, Falling from the Tree of Life, Copper and Bronze in the Fading Light.

The Way the World is at the moment reminds me of Autumn. Of endings and new beginnings.

..off sadness and a certain sweet joy. The Summer is gone, Winter is on the way. But a New Spring time for our Church and the World is on the Way.

May the Most Immaculate Heart of Mary be Praised forever and ever.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Very beautiful, Padraig

14. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

I like your post of the Tessera. Are you also a member of the Legion of Mary, Padraig?

RoryRory and AED like this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member

No, although I was asked several times. I ama fraid because of my shift work , I never really fitted in with any lay work, I could never plan. But so we find God's Will in the Weft and Woove of life.:)

16. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

Yes, I am in the same boat. I am only an Auxiliary Member of the Legion of Mary for that reason. This means, I do the daily prayers but I don't have to attend all weekly meetings or do any work. I hope one day I can become a full member. By the way, I am sure you know, the Legion was founded by an Irishman, Frank Duff, whose cause of beatification we are praying for.

17. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Archangels

someone here besides me lives in the southern hemisphere where spring just started

Michael Pio and padraig like this.
  18. padraig

padraig New Member

19. MMM

MMM Archangels

Funny the difference one year to the next. Left one taken Oct 11, 2021 yesterday. One on right was Oct 18, 2020
    472A9795-40BA-4009-911E-B62415C261C4.jpeg

Ananchal, HeavenlyHosts, AED and 2 others like this.
  20. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Same where I live, no frost yet. We have been unseasonably warm, everything is still green.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.