The Angel Hitchhiker

Discussion in 'Inspirational Stories' started by padraig, Nov 25, 2020.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

2. padraig

padraig New Member

I was just thinking and praying about this lady who met the angel hitch hiker in the snowstorm but most of my thoughts were not about the angel at all but about the lady herself. For often we tell more far more about ourselves when we talk when we realise. As I went on thinking and listening she kept shooting up higher and higher in my estimation.

Here's why.

Firstly she mention that her daughter was in juvenile correction. But she did not go on at once to offer any excuses whatsoever for this. The first instinct would have been , 'I'm not a bad mother', or, 'My daughter was not a bad person' , which 99% of people would have done. She showed here the most remarkable simplicity and humility her. I thought this was exceptional.

Next she stopped to give a complete stranger a lift in a howling snowstorm. What extraordinary kindness and generosity. She had a billion immediate concerns of her own and yet went out of her way to give aid to someone to whom she owed nothing. What is more she seems so unaware of own charity. This is very, very exceptional.

She was such a good listener. A good listener is one in a thousand. No one wants to listen everyone wants to talk. But she listened very attentively to what the stranger said. She has a listening heart. So sweet.

She had such wisdom. Like Mary she knows to take treasures where she finds them. She, 'Stores these things up in her heart'

She had wonderful Courage. In a bad snowstorm she carried on. She was with a disconcerting stranger but carried on as normal. A woman on her own in a very grim situation. But taking it all in her stride. A real everyday soldier.

It just occurs to me that the real angel was not the hitch hiker. The real angel was herself.:):)

Her daughter in prison was truly blessed to have such a very extraordinary woman as a mother.:):)

You know what? I think the angel was more blessed to meet her than she was to meet the angel.;)

Proverbs 31:10

The Virtues of a Noble Woman
    10A wife of noble character, who can find? She is far more precious than rubies.11The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he lacks nothing of value.…

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Te Deum and AED like this.