Temptation to give up- latest Mark Mallet blog

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by miker, Sep 3, 2021.

1. miker

miker Powers

This was helpful for me to read as was hearing today’s Gospel at Mass today.

Im sure I’m not alone in feeling very fatigued. I have been tempted to give up and crawl into a hole. But like Peter in this Gospel, Jesus is asking me to go back out there and “cast my nets”. I’m sure Peter was tired, frustrated and probably wanted to say no, but he said yes and was richly rewarded. I pray I have courage and strength to keep saying yes when at times everything inside of me wants to say enough - I’m tired.

https://www.markmallett.com/blog/the-temptation-to-give-up/

Shae, AED, Sam and 3 others like this.
  2. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

Stay strong please! Help must be coming soon. Remember Lord of the Rings. When all seems lost, Our Lady comes. Her Triumph must be near, or else we will very soon experience the total triumph of the current world order. If that's the case, then all is hopeless anyway.
    We have the promise, the Gates of this world will not prevail. This must be a huge test. Because it seems impossible right now, it seems all is lost and we are marching into an order of total control and oppression. But if there is a God, then He must intervene now, right? He might have accepted WWII and so on, but He can't let them get away with this, right?
    So we have to pray. Please pray that I can again pray. I have fallen off my horse because I am also tempted by the same devil. Let us pray for each other.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    HeavenlyHosts, Shae, AED and 3 others like this.
  3. ellen

ellen Ellen

Right miker...Its called "battle fatigue" and I.... like so many of us... have a full blown case of it!!!

My constant prayer is that our lord will give me the grace of "perseverance" so that I can continue on with the "good fight".

4. miker

miker Powers

Will pray for you Ellen. Let’s keep praying for each other in this forum as once was described when I first joined - Mary’s living room!

5. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

YES….pray for each other!

upload_2021-9-3_8-45-0.jpeg

6. AED

AED Powers

My prayer too. Constantly.

7. AED

AED Powers

Yes. Yes we must stay strong in prayer for each other.

8. Shae

Shae Archangels

I too have been feeling "battle fatigued" lately, which is a big reason why I receive the Eucharist everyday. I'm not strong enough to fight this battle each day without Jesus inside me. I pray for everyone here on the forum, those who post and those who just read.

9. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

Yes, battle fatigue. I can't get myself to prayer anymore, or even work. Please dear family of prayer warriors, pray that I can pray and work again. Now it is weekend. I want to make a decent new start next week.

Beth B, Sam, ellen and 4 others like this.
  10. AED

AED Powers

Thanks Shae. Me too.

11. AED

AED Powers

Praying for you tonight Michael. I expect it is a diabolic attack playing upon your very real fatigue. I have "been there." A binding prayer in Jesus's Name for all spirits of discouragement and fatigue and all other spirits around you not of the Holy Spirit is a good way to start. Tell Our Lord you can't pray and just repeat His Name. That in itself is a huge and powerful prayer. A little elderly nun taught me that years ago. And "Jesus Mary I love you. Save souls" is another one I repeat often when I am done in. Spiritually exhausted. I just repeat it. This was given to Sister Consolata Bertrone by Our Lord.

Michael Pio, Beth B, Sam and 4 others like this.
  12. miker

miker Powers

Theses attacks mostly hit me at night. I find comfort in streaming in a live Eucharistic Adoration site on my iPad of phone - I say prayers and then lie in bed just talking to Him often just saying to keep the bad thoughts and evil at bay and allow me a restful night with Jesus mystically “present” even on my iPads

Beth B, Sam, Shae and 5 others like this.
  13. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

That is a wonderful idea, I wish I had thought of that earlier. Stay strong!

Beth B, Shae and AED like this.
  14. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I am fortunate that my bed faces the window and so I am only 400metres from our chapel and I often think of Jesus alone in the tabernacle of the church. It is a comfort in times of stress.

Michael Pio, Beth B, Sam and 4 others like this.
  15. Shae

Shae Archangels

Yes, I love this idea too Miker!

Michael Pio, Beth B and AED like this.
  16. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

Are you around any people, Michael? Something I do when I'm feeling worn down and reluctant to formally pray is when I drive anywhere, around people on the road or at the grocery store, I look at the people around me and pray specifically for each of their souls. You can say "Jesus, Mary, Joseph, I love you, save souls!" or "My Jesus, pardon and mercy, by the merits of Your Holy Wounds" for each one. Or just speak from the heart: "Jesus please lead this person to Heaven, save his soul, protect her from harm and evil, draw him closer to you, protect her marriage, save his children...etc." I find this freshens my resolve to save souls and rekindles my love for prayer, because it makes it so concrete. We can truly make the difference between Heaven or Hell for a person with one prayer from the heart. Think of meeting these people one day in Heaven... "Michael! You don't know me, but I know you! When I was just a stranger, you prayed for me and I received the grace of conversion! I wouldn't be here without you!" How amazing would that be?

Hang in there. Let's pray for each other!

Beth B, Sam, Michael Pio and 3 others like this.
  17. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

Wow, you're kidding? This prayer "Jesus, Mary, Joseph, I love you, save souls" is part of the Militia Immaculatae prayers, a group of prayer warriors that I have just joined a few days ago. How come this came to you just now? Coincidence?
    Anyway, thank you so very much. You are amazing. I lack words.
    Yes, you are spot on. Let's keep each other in prayers. Your tips, I will take them on board.
    Gotta get back on my horse. Yes, pray for each other!
    May God bless you and your family and all here on this forum and their families!

18. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I needed this too!Thank you AED!

AED and Michael Pio like this.
  19. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Amen!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    AED and Michael Pio like this.
  20. Sam

Sam Powers

When you awake in the night, transport yourself quickly in spirit before the Tabernacle, saying: 'Behold, my God, I come to adore You, to praise, thank, and love you, and to keep you company with all the Angels,'
    Saint John Vianney, the Curé d'Ars

I remember a Maria Simma{the pugatory lady} story of when she was on a train I think and there was a very disagreeable man, badmouthing everything. As they separated she said, May God have mercy on your soul. He died shortly afterwards and appeared to her to thank her, because that one short prayer he told her had saved him from damnation.

Beth B, HeavenlyHosts, AED and 2 others like this.