Stop Sinning

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Sep 27, 2018.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Hoping to get into the Illuminative stage soon.

I'm going to be going to confession tomorrow, after going through a whole host of sins. It all started with one episode, yet during that episode I could sense Our Lady there, offering me a way out, I knew I could easily take her hand but I didn't. Then yesterday evening and today, things took a turn for the worst, I started getting angry and remembering things from my past that made me angry and I started falling into a whole host of sins of anger and am having a difficult time getting my mind off them.

Please pray that this ends tomorrow, that from now on I'll have recourse to Mary and stop sinning, I was so close that one time. Please pray also that I forget these past events that make me angry, that I only remember them, if there are sins involved in them that I need to confess.

gracia likes this.
  2. gracia

gracia Archangels

Do one thing; when the anger comes, once you realize the anger has come, pray instead. I am not sure that I can ever not get angry, but we can avert our thoughts after the anger comes. I heard a great homily where the priest said that when we forgive, we pray that our enemy might become a great saint. That helped me a lot. I will pray that next time, you take Our Lady's hand. It is a great blessing to feel her near! God bless you, friend.

RosaryWielder and Don_D like this.
  3. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

God bless you RW, I prayed for you this evening what you have asked.

You are on the right path. Anger is a funny thing, it is seldom the first emotion which comes to me I have found. It is usually a reaction to my thinking I have been harmed in some way. Whether my pride, security, well being, lack of humility etc. Sometimes anger is certainly justified, I have witnessed this in others. For me in almost all cases it is not.
    The trick for me is to catch the thought or thing which provokes it to understand what it is I am truly feeling. In most cases, my anger says to me all sorts of things which are simply not true and this masks the truth. I tell myself it isn't true and then pray for help with not being angry while I consider my shortcoming which provoked it. This helps me greatly to understand the flaws in my character and where I need help and Grace to overcome.
    A good confessor can help to reveal this in us.

RosaryWielder, padraig and gracia like this.
  4. any name you wish

any name you wish Archangels

Remember, anger in and of itself isn't sinful, it's a passion and can be fine if it's object is just revenge. The point is to keep it within the realm of reason. If you're trying to ignore it completely that'll cause problems.

http://www.newadvent.org/summa/3158.htm

RosaryWielder, gracia and padraig like this.
  5. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Hoping to get into the Illuminative stage soon.

Thanks everyone, I've gone to confession and have had my sins forgiven. I'm now working hard to stay out of sin, and have recourse to Jesus and Mary.

Jesus, I trust in You!

gracia likes this.
  6. gracia

gracia Archangels

Beautiful! (y)

RosaryWielder likes this.