Stop reading private Revelations

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Debora G Barbossa, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Debora G Barbossa

Debora G Barbossa New Member

Hello Sons of God

take this test. stop reading private revelations for a while, 3 months minimum, and continue your prayer life. you will be disengaging from satanic forces and will be able to free yourself from the great deception. Every locutions out there today is from the devil.

Michael Pio likes this.
  2. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

You may be earnest and well-meaning in what you are saying but if the Church has not ruled on some of these apparitions, I know at least, that myself as a layperson can not.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  3. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

I agree with Debora , if the Church has not ruled we should disengage as it is likely that an unapproved apparition is from the devil.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  4. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

Clare A likes this.
  5. miker

miker Powers

I appreciate the concern and warning to be careful with prophecy and messages. I would always invoke the Holy Spirit before reading (i would do this even with approved prophecy and before reading Bible too).

Remember what St. Paul said:

tDo not quench the Spirit.
    Do not despise prophetic utterances.
    Test everything; retain what is good.
    Refrain from every kind of evil.

- 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21

6. MMM

MMM Archangels

"Every locutions out there today is from the devil".

Please explain how you know this. You must have super natural powers or just a lot of pride. You won't expand and therefore your post is moot.

Funny thing is, you, who denounce all locutions with hidden, seemingly expert knowledge is also asking everyone to put their faith in your spiritual direction.

Seems like you are trying to help, wrong way sadly.

I do agree you need to be cautious. Our personal relationship with Christ always trumps words coming from prophets in my opinion. If the words lead to a stronger faith and trust in God it is good. If you are left unsettled or fearful it isn't. Or adopt the crystal ball mentality.
    The worry and error is believing God is only ever talking to us through others and we may lose faith and trust in our personal relationship with Christ.

7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Yes, please explain how you know this.

Sunnyveil, Booklady and Sam like this.
  8. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

Sorry Deborah but I think you are away with the fairies your first post and last post on this forum kind of speak for themselves not to mention your post about padraig being evil. I think it's best you find help and come back when your sorted.. Maybe take a break from this forum for 3 months (y);)
    Prayers for your sanity :love:

9. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

I agree with you, not EVERY locution is from the devil. For example, the locutions of Pope Leo XIII., when he overheard our Good Lord conversing with the devil, the Pope had this locution during a Holy Mass he said, and he went into a prolonged ecstasy that was witnessed by many people attending the Mass. Right after he came to, he rushed into his chambers to compose the St. Michael prayer and made it part of the Mass. Because of that and because there were so many witnesses, I think we can safely assume this locution was real. Also, as I recall, Sr. Agnes Sasagawa had locutions from Our Lady, and we have the miracle of the tears that was witnessed by thousands, and of course we have the approval of the Church of the Akita apparitions, so not every locution is from the devil.
    The way I read Debora's post, she was trying to warn from getting too much involved in unapproved (and therefore likely demonic) messages. That is something I agree with.

10. Booklady

Booklady Powers

You know Deborah, why not take your suggestion to heart, and stop trolling the Mother of God forum, and instead pray for its members and the salvation of sinners.

Mary's child likes this.
  11. Debora G Barbossa

Debora G Barbossa New Member

It is very simple. The time for that devotion was not come yet. What is important for us the Church will provide when its hour comes.

It is very clear people here are waiting for something that will not happen in their life time.

Luz de Maria devil Jenifer devil Soul anonimous devil. Countdown to the kingdom devil gisella cardia devil all of them is deception. Not from God. Wait and see! And the timeline of Garabandal will not happen for now.

pray for God about this

but first you have to free yourself from the bondages of false private revelations. It takes time to you be free from this decepetion and could start hearing the voice of God about all of this. Find an exorcist to pray for your mind

12. Booklady

Booklady Powers

So what is your authority to reach such conclusions? In each thread which you have posted similar commentary, members here have asked you to expand and explain your posts. Yet you keep ignoring these and continue in an activity that can only be described as trolling the membership.

Why don't you answer Mario who asks you very politely this question:

The Revelations Will Not Be Proclaimed | Mother of God (motheofgod.com)

You are loosing credibility by failing to answer these questions.

Mary's child, Sam and Pray4peace like this.
  13. padraig

padraig Powers

Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the Immaculate Heart of Mary and of Divine Mercy came about as a result of Private Revelation. Are we stop such Devotions even as the Church encourages us to follow them? Was the Church wrong to encourage us to do so?

The Church is full the very brim with Devotions, practices and spiritualities that came about as a result of Private Revelations, in all or part. The Brown Scapular, the Miraculous Medal, Lourdes Guadalupe, the list is endless. They have been a huge source of good to the Church. Pretty well every major pilgrimage site in the world has come about because of Private Revelations, for instance The Church of the Holy Scapular in Jerusalem to St Helena, the Tilma at Guadalupe.

For any Catholic dumping Private Revelation would be a little like dumping our grandmother.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
  14. padraig

padraig Powers

In either case, if the Queen of Heaven knocks at the doors of our hearts and of the World who are to slam those doors in her face?
    We must beware in case we struggle against heaven and the Queen of heaven.

1 Thessalonians 5:20-21

20 Do not despise prophecies, 21 but test everything; hold fast what is good.

Acts 5:34-39

34 But a Pharisee named Gamaliel,A)'>(
    A) a teacher of the law,B)'>(B) who was honored by all the people, stood up in the Sanhedrin and ordered that the men be put outside for a little while. 35 Then he addressed the Sanhedrin: “Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. 36 Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the censusC)'>(C) and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail.D)'>(D) 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”E)'>(E)

[​IMG]

15. Booklady

Booklady Powers

Not at all, Padraig. This attack against private revelation stems from a misunderstanding of what private and public revelation are, according to this article below, I will just cite the definitions and distinction between private and public revelations, which I found very helpful.

Does God Still Give Visions? | Catholic Answers]
    Does God Still Give Visions?

Catholic theology commonly distinguishes between what is known as public revelation and private revelation. Public revelation—which is the kind of revelation we find in Scripture—is binding on all Christians in all ages. By contrast, private revelation is binding only on those to whom it is given.

The Catholic Church teaches that public revelation is closed until the Second Coming. The Catechism of the Catholic Church states:

The Christian economy, therefore, since it is the new and definitive Covenant, will never pass away; and no new public revelation is to be expected before the glorious manifestation of our Lord Jesus Christ [CCC 66].

Private revelation, however, is ongoing:

Throughout the ages, there have been so-called “private” revelations, some of which have been recognized by the authority of the Church. They do not belong, however, to the deposit of faith. It is not their role to improve or complete Christ’s definitive revelation but to help live more fully by it in a certain period of history.

Guided by the magisterium of the Church, the sensus fidelium [i.e., collective sense of the faithful] knows how to discern and welcome in these revelations whatever constitutes an authentic call of Christ or his saints to the Church.

Christian faith cannot accept “revelations” that claim to surpass or correct the revelation of which Christ is the fulfillment, as is the case in certain non-Christian religions and also in certain recent sects which base themselves on such “revelations” (CCC 67).

Further...

"But just as some in non-Catholic circles have claimed that the age of miracles is over, so some have claimed that the age of revelation—even private revelation—is over.

Yet this is something that Scripture never says. None of the New Testament authors say that God is going to stop using visions and related phenomena prior to the Second Coming.

St. Paul expresses the proper Christian attitude toward these phenomena this way:

Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophetic utterances. Test everything; retain what is good (1 Thess. 5:19–21).

The Church Fathers were of the same opinion. When the Apostolic Age closed and the age of the Fathers began, they did not think that God had suddenly stopped giving visions. They recognized that new visions were not on the same plane as the revelation found in the Bible (public revelation), but they acknowledged the ongoing presence of private revelations in the Church.

It wasn’t until the time of the Protestant Reformation that people began to deny the concept."

We need to be cautious upon encountering private revelation, and pray to Our Lady to guide us in discerning this revelation.

Totally rejecting private revelation is not part of our magesterium and what we believe as Catholics.

16. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes, a Mother never stops talking to her children, she never stops living and caring and guarding and leading. The Queen of Heaven is not barred by the Golden Gates of Heaven. She always stands beside us.

I was out there in the very early morning in the hospital garden looking at the flowers and smelling their rich perfumes and felt her there beside me as she said, 'My child, my own'.

17. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

Excellent text. Thanks!!!

Please correct me if I’m wrong but even the rosary stems from a private revelation - an apparition to St Dominic.

18. padraig

padraig Powers

I don't know of a single Catholic Religious Order that I can think of that was not founded as a result of a Private Revelation to the founder of some kind or other.

Also I understand the majority of religious priestly vocations in the USA and elsewhere have come about as a result of the apparitions at Medugorje. It is quite stunning.

Mary's child, Sam, AED and 2 others like this.
  19. josephite

josephite Powers

May God bless you Debora with His peace!

I am praying for this. I realise you are entrenched in your own comfort zone and therefore any prayers fall from you like water off a ducks back, Still I will pray, because, Gods Divine mercy is for both you and me
    Also many in my own family, like you, want to dispel reality,

However Gods truth is stronger than any denial!

My prayers are with you now and will continue until you receive His peace,.
    Because God enlightens us, and we see the signs of the times, yes there will be deceptions but we are to follow the truth as laid down by our forefathers ( the doctors of the church) and we are to dismiss all erroneous interpretations of truth. (this is just the call of all Catholics)

You and me and all faithful Catholics are to embrace the truth of the Catholic Catechism and magisterium, we are to be a support for each other and love each other!
    May God bless you, and me, all Catholics including all here at the MoG site in this endeavour.

With the continued and rampant government call to acceptance of divorce, contraception, abortion, same sex marriage, euthanasia , transsexual acceptancy in the last 50 years , coupled with the current lockdowns, restrictions of covid 19 , and the threat of a mandatory genetically modified vaccination for all humans, which seems geared to gain control of every human soul in the world, through an accepted government ascendency! don't you think this looks a little odious?

I give these questioning people the benefit of the doubt. Because Maybe, we as a globalised population are being had!

What are your thoughts?

Mary's child likes this.
  20. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Debora, I think you would benefit from putting the following video content in your proverbial pipe and smoking it, preferably after a prayer to the Holy Spirit. Oh, and there are another eleven equally long and amazingly prophetic videos in the series.

Mary's child, AED and josephite like this.