Still struggling with hope

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Dec 31, 2020.

Tags:
  1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

I don't know why but for some reason I just snapped at my mother a few minutes ago, I just got angry and just couldn't hold it in; I'm now really angry at myself over it.

I'm struggling with hope, I've mentioned before that it's really difficult to go to confession here, I really want to go this January but I don't know if I'll be able to. I'm really struggling with things, and am really frustrated; I don't know how well my efforts to evangelize my family have gone, I do know that I have done less than I would have liked to. I really hope than when I get back to my place I can do things better; I plan on cleaning things up, and then contacting my local pro-life group and getting more involved in whatever resistance movement there is here, (things do sound more optimistic in this area, from what I've heard) maybe I'll finally find my job and future spouse.

Please pray that I gain better hope, and overcome this anger that I'm still struggling with.

HeavenlyHosts, Petrus and DesertStar7 like this.
  2. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

I thought of putting this in my original post but didn’t, because I figured it’s not a good attitude to have. However after posting this, I read a passage from The Gulag Archipelago in which Solzhenitsyn states that sometimes victims of the Soviet regime feel relief when they’re arrested and sometimes the authorities will actually delay arresting people as a way of tormenting them. What I was originally going to say in my post was that, part of me actually wants the people in power to cart us off to COVID camps already and just get it over with, I realize that’s not the attitude someone with a Martyr’s zeal should have, but sometimes I do have those feelings. After reading what I just read in The Gulag Archipelago, part of me wonders if the elites are going to drag this out for awhile, in an effort to break people like us.

Regardless, I’m going to try to do what I can with the time I have; I really hope and pray I can handle things better.

Suzanne and AED like this.
  3. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Principalities

We all hope and pray to do better in our lives. I know I do. I haven't been to confession in awhile, and that bothers me to no end. I've been considering trying to go, but am afraid of getting into a large group of people that might be there. I've even considered calling my priest to set up a time for confession. I'm not sure what to do, and am really frustrated with myself over my inability to make up my mind. Oh, well, we can pray for each other and maybe do better in the new year.

Suzanne and RosaryWielder like this.
  4. Petrus

Petrus New Member

Confess yourself!! It's important.

Remember that when you are in confession you are not talking to the priest, you are talking to God. A lot of people don't confess which is very scary, because taking the holy body of our Lord, the Eucharist, without a good confession in a state of grace could be considered a sin too.

I heard an exorcist say it once, when another person told him something along the lines of: "Father, I see a lot of people participating in the eucharist, but nobody confess. Is that a sin?" And he explained that it is indeed a grave sin. I think it's worse than touching the Holy Host with your hands.

Please Christy Beth, go to confession! And don't hide the important things, no matter how shameful.

Suzanne, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  5. Petrus

Petrus New Member

By the way RosaryWielder I am sorry for being unhelpful, I completly ignored your post.

This is only my opinion, I don't think you need martyrdom since you are already suffering a lot. If this is enough to test your faith, this must be your trial.

I want to increase the faith in my family too, it's hard.

And about the upcoming events, I think it's naive to think similar mistakes will be made, it's astute to realize the same people who pulled the strings back then, are our enemies now, but I read somewhere that they've perfected the way to get rid of people without making a martyr out of any Christian. So in that regard, there's the possibility, that even if you indeed become a martyr, your family will never know. Although it's also true that God will know, and that's what really counts in the end.

I am sure you are also aware that faithful prayers made in suffering have a lot of worth.

Endure your current trials as best as you can and have faith in Christ.

Suzanne, RosaryWielder and AED like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

You can make an appointment with any priest these days. Don’t delay! Praying for you.

7. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

Now I do need to go to confession, (not for anger, for another sin.) please pray for me.

DesertStar7 likes this.
  8. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

I fell into several horrible episodes of sin last night and this morning, please pray for me.

I need to focus more on my life own soul right now.

DesertStar7 and padraig like this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

Padre Pio had so many encouraging things to say for those who fall into sin (and that is us all). Amazing for some who had a reputation for being so strict.

[​IMG]

RosaryWielder and AED like this.
  10. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Throw yourself into the arms of Jesus. He is never surprised by our sins. He knows how weak our sinful nature is. He is so happy when we run to him. Cast out fear. Fear is the opposite of love. Trust completely in the love Jesus has for you.

RosaryWielder and AED like this.
  11. andree

andree Archangels

Will pray for you RW. Try to get to mass after confession if you can and offer your mass & communion for the Grace to heal that particular penchant that leads to sin.

RosaryWielder likes this.
  12. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 + To Jesus through Mary @-}--

Keep your chin up! :love:

RosaryWielder likes this.