STATEMENT OF ARCHDIOCESE OF DUBLIN

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Glenn, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Glenn

Glenn Guest

http://www.dublindiocese.ie/content/statement-maria-divine-mercy

STATEMENT OF ARCHDIOCESE OF DUBLIN

ON THE ALLEGED VISIONARY “MARIA DIVINE MERCY”

Requests for clarification have been coming to the Archdiocese of Dublin concerning the authenticity of alleged visions and messages received by a person who calls herself “Maria Divine Mercy” and who may live in the Archdiocese of Dublin.

Archbishop Diarmuid Martin wishes to state that these messages and alleged visions have no ecclesiastical approval and many of the texts are in contradiction with Catholic theology.

These messages should not be promoted or made use of within Catholic Church associations.

2. Glenn

Glenn Guest

I just saw this too: Compliance on MDM
    April 16th, 2014 by twohearts

On Wednesday of Holy Week 2014, the Archdiocese of Dublin issued a statement on its website on the writings of the “alleged visionary” Maria Divine Mercy (MDM) stating that the Archbishop wishes to state that “these messages should not be promoted or made use of”. In compliance with this statement, Two Hearts Press and Dr. Bowring will no longer be selling the book, “The Great Battle”, which had “made use of” MDM as a source

http://twoheartspress.com/

Fatima, Andy3, Miriam and 1 other person like this.
  3. Miriam

Miriam Archangels

I bought the kindle book when it first came out, and was disappointed that he quoted many of MDM so-called messages. I gave the book the thumbs down at Amazon, I only read about a third of the book before I deleted it from my kindle!

Glenn likes this.
  4. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

I wonder if Dr. Browning will come back around to the board now to talk to us again about all his other great research that was not from MDM.

5. Fatima

Fatima Guest

LOL Andy. I don't think Kelly Bowring is feeling to well with this announcement.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
  6. Fatima

Fatima Guest

Wonder if I can get my money back :) As a theologian, it should not have taken a statement by the Bishop for him to know the messages were flawed.

7. Glenn

Glenn Guest

The bigger question is, will there be lawsuits against Mary Carberry for fraud ? Be Ironic if she acquired all this money ,then had to give it all back somehow ???

8. jerry

jerry Guest

Yes.

But let us give thanks to God that he was able to so promply act. (I recall Padraig promising to pray for him. Very glad that he did)

Andy3 likes this.
  9. David Webster

David Webster New Member

What a joke! This archbishop thinks he can discern the voice of God?

Oh, yes, this is the apostate Archbishop thatthinks the Church’s teachings on marriage and family are out of date, out of touch with ‘real life.’ You can read one account here. http://www.thejournal.ie/acchbishop...urch-papal-synod-1337112-Feb2014/Additionally, he charges that not accepting homosexual lifestyles makes one ‘not just homophobic if they do that – they are actually Godophobic.’ http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/homophobia-insults-god-says-archbishop-of-dublin-29994342.html

And finally Archbishop Diarmuid Martin welcomes the secularization of Irish society!

In his address to the Catholic Primary Schools Management Association Conference, the Archbishop of Dublin spoke positively about the decline in Catholic influence over Irish society:

The change in Irish society and the change in the life of the Church in Ireland are linked together. There is a growing secularization in Irish society. This is not entirely a bad thing, if we understand the complex phenomenon called secularization correctly. Very few of us would wish to return completely to the type of society many of us grew up in, where the Church dominated so much of Irish culture, and where the bishops and the clergy dominated the Church. Irish society and the Church in Ireland have changed and it must be said that the change has in great part been good.

Shamefully this impostor also takes it upon himself to impugn the faith and piety of past generations: MORE AT: http://lxoa.wordpress.com/2012/03/2...tin-welcomes-secularization-of-irish-society/

This is simply unbelievable that these kind of corruptors are allowed to run free in the Church and be given platforms for their attacks on the servants of God.

10. Krizevac

Krizevac Archangels

Sigh. It's amazing how drained one can feel, after a blast of gloating hatred, MDM style.

Alright let's look at the Archbishop's comments:

You say; Oh, yes, this is the apostate Archbishop thatthinks the Church’s teachings on marriage and family are out of date, out of touch with ‘real life.’

No, he didn't say Church teachings are out of date. He said there is a disconnect between the teachings and the reality of everyday life. He's right. Almost everyone I know is in an irregular situation as regards the Church!

What he actually said:

ARCHBISHOP OF DUBLIN Diarmuid Martin has said a growing disconnect between the teachings of the Catholic Church and real life was apparent in a recent survey carried out in his diocese.

The questionnaire, distributed by Pope Francis to bishops ahead of the Synod of Bishops in Rome, addresses topics such as family planning, pre-marital cohabitation, and same-sex relationships.

“The general response was that the teaching on marriage and the family is poorly understood and that it was poorly accepted and disconnected from real life experience of families – and not by just younger people,” he told a meeting of priests and parish councils this evening.

Consulted

However, the Archbishop said that many respondents welcomed the survey, noting that it was first time they had been consulted on church matters.

He warned that Catholic Church needs to be wary of the “mechanics of consultation”.

“We should not become an inward-looking Church, possessed by our problems,” he said.

“We have to recreate such a culture in the real world of our times. ”

I am convinced that we can do it and part of my conviction comes from witnessing how our Parish Pastoral Councils have shown that they want to move forward in this way and they want to do what is best for the Church.
    The Archbishop said responses to the survey also showed:

• A ‘clear hesitancy’ towards same sex unions from many, while others saw the Church’s position as ‘negative and judgemental’.
    • A “theory-practice” gap between teachings and real life.
    • Concern at “the high number of those who were living in what the Church regards as irregular situations” such as couples living together before marriage.
    • A feeling that the Catholic Church had been ‘silent’ recently.
    Next, you make this accusation:

he charges that not accepting homosexual lifestyles makes one ‘not just homophobic if they do that – they are actually Godophobic.’

No, he didn't say that.

Here's what he said, and I can't argue with one word of it:

HOMOPHOBIA is "insulting to God", Archbishop of Dublin Diarmuid Martin has warned.

In the wake of the so-called 'Pantigate' controversy over homophobia comments made on RTE and a defamation settlement, Dr Martin said: "God never created anybody that he doesn't love."

Speaking to the Irish Independent, the senior cleric said this meant that "anybody who doesn't show love towards gay and lesbian people is insulting God. They are not just homophobic if they do that – they are actually Godophobic because God loves every one of those people".

MOCKED

Referring to the revelations made last week by TD Jerry Buttimer, that he was beaten, spat at, mocked and harassed because he was gay, Dr Martin expressed concern saying: "Certainly the sort of actions that we heard of this week of people being spat at because they were gay or ridiculed . . . that is not a Christian attitude. We have to have the courage to stand up and say that."

He added: "We all belong to one another and there is no way we can build up a society in which people are excluded or insulted.

"We have to learn a new way in Ireland to live with our differences and for all of us to live with respect for one another."

Concerns have been raised that debate could be stifled ahead of the upcoming referendum on gay marriage, after the national broadcaster paid compensation and apologised to officials from the Catholic advocacy group The Iona Institute over comments on homophobia made on 'The Saturday Night Show' by gay rights activist Rory O'Neill, who performs under the drag name Miss Panti Bliss.

Dr Martin called for the debate around marriage equality to be carried out "in a serene and sober way in which people can express themselves and differences can emerge".

Dr Martin also noted: "Just because a person isn't in favour of gay marriage doesn't mean that one is homophobic – let's be very clear on that."

But he added that "all of us have to be careful about the way we speak and the language we use".

I will read the last article when I have time hopefully this evening.

11. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

^^^ agreed the best thing to do is just not respond unless you feel the need to defend as I sometimes do.

To all MDM supporters that are coming onto this board to argue with us. Save your breath. We will never follow her and unlike you we obey the church. If you are here to learn then please stay and we will be happy to help you end your heresy and schism of the church. This message board is the living room of Our Mother. Please remember your manners when you are in Our Mother Mary's home. If you cannot please march right out the front door you came in or I am sure you will be asked to leave. Thank you, God bless you and we will be praying for you because you have become the lukewarm and we all should know what Our Lord Jesus had to say about the lukewarm. Please please please come to your senses and see the truth again before He spits you out. The doors of His mercy are still open but we all know that the day will come when they are shut.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014