St.Patrick's Day

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Katfalls, Mar 17, 2020.

1. AED

AED Powers

Yes!!!!

maryrose likes this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

A LOT of Irish martyrs in heaven are winding up to do something. I can feel it in my bones. Never mind the battalions of holy souls in purgatory. And everyone knows that St Michael has a special love for Ireland. Let's see what happens.

maryrose and Sam like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

Glad you are safely home.

maryrose likes this.
  4. Texas Mama of 2

Texas Mama of 2 Moderator

You’re so blessed, Padraig... last Friday our bishop here in Dallas cancelled all Masses, even at our Latin Mass parish, until March 30... but I’m sure it’ll be much longer than that. We may not even get to go to Mass on Easter Sunday!! This past weekend we watched a live stream Latin Mass in the morning and went to adoration in the afternoon. And so we did what we could do. But I felt off kilter all day, as if part of me were disconnected from the rest. It’s so wrong and I’m sure it hurts Our Lord and Our Lady so much.

heyshepard and AED like this.
  5. non sum dignus

non sum dignus Archangels

So I would like to know from you beautiful Irish people....

Is corned beef really an Irish thing or just our American take on the Irish?

I made luscious rubin sandwiches today..

Our American family is genetically German, Swiss, and Irish so we are genetically engineered to love rubins....

German kraut, and pumpernickel
    Swiss cheese
    Irish corned beef
    And American thousand island

Yummy!

And went to Confession today...sooooo blessed!

So thankful to still have Mass and Confession. Won't be taking it for granted.

heyshepard and Sam like this.
  6. non sum dignus

non sum dignus Archangels

The spiritual axiom is that if you desire a Sacrament but are unable to receive you will be given twice the grace you would have by receiving.

Being deprived of the Lord is a suffering we can unite to Christ's suffering.

Imagine the suffering of our Blessed Mother when she was deprived of her son on Calvary. Offer it up!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    maryrose, Mario and Sam like this.
  7. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

Well as an Irish man I can confirm that when I was a young butcher boy back in 1978 my job was to open the large tins of corned beef and slice it I always liked the pictures on the tin as they were horses the language on the tin I couldn't understand but it did say produce of Argentina as I got older I remembered the pictures on the tin so I can only conclude that the beef may not be beef :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

8. maryrose

maryrose Powers

IMG-20200317-WA0002.jpg

Katfalls and Sam like this.
  9. maryrose

maryrose Powers

This was my Saint Patrick's day altar.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    Katfalls, heyshepard and Sam like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

Imagine Jesus saying to the Apostles at the Last Supper, there is a bad bug going about but you can watch me on the web.

11. "Quis ut Deus"

The entire thought behind the closing of churches is of course bonkers and I share and agree with your frustration and justified anger but I have to say I applaud the faithful very loudly who have rallied round and exhausted every means available to keep prayer and and adoration alive as best they can otherwise the doors are locked and Satan wins I have a plan to buy a projector and screen and put it in my garden so my neighbours can watch live mass from thier front doors so we can still pray as a community I had also considered proposing the same to our parishes to allow people to drive and stay in thier cars but I have to consider they will ban travelling in cars very soon too... We must pray for wisdom and the gifts of the Holy Spirit in fact we must beg God to renew our pentecost

Sam likes this.
  12. "Quis ut Deus"

The Gospel of Matthew tells us

What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

padraig likes this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

On a more hopeful note.

This is Pope Francis's one world globalist agenda out the window for good.

The Tower of Babel has fallen flat on its rotten face.