Spiritual Direction

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Sanctus, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Sanctus

Sanctus "Pray, pray ,pray!"

That is a very nice song, Garabandal. Thank you!

gracia likes this.
  2. Sanctus

Hoping to get down to Mount Melleray Abbey in Waterford for a visit in the future when things get back to normal. Might even decide to stay there if it is God's plan at some stage, who knows...!

3. gracia

gracia Archangels

That is a huge help to me, too. I, too, struggle with feeling abandoned and hated. The Chaplet helps me to see the graces and mercies in my own life, my own sin, and what Christ has already given me as I wait, and live that out. I hear you. Will pray, Sir.

Just also discovered this devotion, and it seems to compliment and mirror the Divine Mercy Devotion, too.

https://www.marypages.com/rosary-of-the-holy-wounds-en.html

God bless you, Sanctus.

Sam, AED and Sanctus like this.
  4. Sanctus

God bless you too, Gracia

5. Sanctus

My copy of In Senu Jesu arrived today. Looking forward to reading it when the time is right. I have been considering becoming a priest in the future, and apparently the book is directed to priests aswell.

Julia, Mario, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sanctus

Have to start believing Jesus loves and forgives me and can heal deep wounds. It seems to be getting a little easier lately.

Julia, Beth B, fallen saint and 2 others like this.
  7. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

You have been on my daily prayer list.

gracia and Sanctus like this.
  8. Sanctus

Thanks Katfalls. Suffered a very heavy spiritual attack while asleep last night, usually that happens when at a turning point for the better (please God). Have also been reading a few paragraphs from In Senu Jesu. It seems very good so far.

Julia, gracia, Sam and 2 others like this.
  9. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

LOL loved that it gave me a good giggle after reading most of the posts... You didn't find the medal it was given to you! Gods way of answering your prayers... :love::love: keep praying and asking he is surely listening... As for any attacks the great John vianney used to say when he got a barrage of attacks "a big fish must be coming my way"
    Stay strong Sanctus

Julia, gracia, Sam and 2 others like this.
  10. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

Wow kept on reading after I quoted your post... Lol my last reply... Looks like John vianney was a million steps ahead of me :love:

Julia, gracia, Sanctus and 1 other person like this.
  11. Sanctus

Thanks QuD :)

gracia and AED like this.
  12. gracia

gracia Archangels

I think you will really, really love In Sinu Jesu. I have heard it is a spiritual treasure.

Julia and Sanctus like this.
  13. Sanctus

Thanks Gracia. It has been comforting during this dark phase.

AED likes this.
  14. Sanctus

It's interesting- before I used to feel under attack coming back from,or going to, Medjugorje, for the past few years however have felt under the same level of spiritual attack at home. Wondering why that is? Perhaps it's the same with everyone the past few years. There has definitely been a shift.

Julia likes this.
  15. AED

AED Powers

I think attacks are ramping up on everyone. This is war. I often lose sight of that. Sometimes the battle just gets more fierce and more present. I dont know why.:(

Julia and Sanctus like this.
  16. Sanctus

As we say here in Ireland, AED- "it's tough going"!! It does seem more present and fierce at times...

Julia and AED like this.
  17. Sanctus

Found this video very helpful, hopefully others going through darkness may find it helpful too!(y) It is on Saint John of the Cross and the Dark Night.

18. Sanctus

Hi everyone, seem to be going through quite a heavy dark night of the soul or senses at the moment. Not sure what stage of Saint John's or Saint Teresa's phase of it I am on. Seems to be a lot of inside stuff and a bit of outside stuff too. It is a feeling I am losing my mind sometimes with periods of feeling rejected and abandoned by God. It can be very heavy at times, but I have to trust it will work out for the good. Just have to suffer through it for the moment I guess.

fallen saint, RosaryWielder and Sam like this.
  19. Sanctus

Just saw the number 39 upon finishing the previous post. I see that number regularly. A spiritual advisor of mine says it is a sign to keep going from Jesus. The dark night is very, very tough though if that is what I'm experiencing. Very tough and heavy. I feel I am being slightly persecuted by some of my neighbors too, perhaps that is a part of it. It can be exhausting at times, but God's light will shine in eventually as is promised to those who follow the path. Perhaps it is a purgation or purification.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  20. Mario

Mario Powers

To continue to take up one's Cross is an act of love in the midst of darkness. Prayers for you, Sanctus!:notworthy::)

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

fallen saint and AED like this.