Sorry

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, Jul 3, 2021.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

I'm sorry I am not posting much at the moment but I am currently doing a 16 night in a row 10 and a half hour or more shifts at the hospital (s). At 65 years old I am sure you will understand this is tiring me out.

So much that is happening requires long prayerful and wise response which I maybe just not up to at the moment. I hope when these shifts are over I will be fighting fit again.:)

But at the moment I am just not up to it. Tired out. But I will, if I can, try to post, maybe not much, but a little, if I can.:)

I have 13 more long, long, busy nights to go.

Sometimes we have to be a little kind to ourselves. This is one of those times.:);)
    (Knowing my Irish self I might be a little snappy and bad tempered if I were to answer currently, being bone tired does that to you)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Prayers for you during this long stretch
    Thanks for letting us know

Jo M, Michael Pio, Beth B and 3 others like this.
  3. Shae

Shae Archangels

You will be in my prayers at Holy Hour this morning, Padraig.

Michael Pio, Booklady, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  4. padraig

padraig Powers

Anyway I see the numbers visiting the forum have gone up, a lot of interest in what is going on here.:)

I suppose it mirrors, in a lot of ways, what is going on in the Church.

Things are not easy, but Jesus never promised us easy..did He?

Matthew 10:16

“I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

Jo M, Michael Pio, Shae and 4 others like this.
  5. padraig

padraig Powers

I will repeat though, very firmly, that I will delete the membership of anyone who publically declares that our present Pontiff is not the Pope. That is of course, our present Holy Father, Pope Francis, recognised as such by all the Bishops of the world. Period.

Not to do so is anaethema.

I may not have the time or energy to do so now. But I 'll get hard back at it when I have the time and energy to delete schismatic folks who say otherwise.

Depend upon it.

Pope Francis is the most, totally awful and collossal pain in the ass, but he's still the Pope.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    xynn, MaryChristine, Booklady and 4 others like this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

Prayers for you Padraig!!!

Jo M, Shae, Booklady and 1 other person like this.
  7. padraig

padraig Powers

Thank you.

I saw something last night. Jesus in The Praetorium. In the military barracks, where they mocked him. Mocking Him is such a very ,very light way to the way they abused Him . Words can be so savage.

I also saw Jesus on the Cross. The pure redness of the blood. From head to toe. The only thing that was not red was where the water that fell from His chest. No loin cloth, totally naked and blood, blood, blood. Red, red, red.

Jo M, Shae, MaryChristine and 3 others like this.
  8. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

Get as much rest as you can Padraig! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Jo M, Shae, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  9. AED

AED Powers

Yes. Yes I believe that is how it truly was. The mocking.....we have no idea at all--at least I dont--of the savagery of it. Hell's own punishments that should have been ours visited on Him. One of the Roman historians (Tacitus?) Described crucifixion as "sanguis ubique"--blood everywhere.
    And yet we (I) continue to carelessly thoughtlessly do things to wound Him. Blood of Jesus cover us. Forgive us. Save us. How long will His Mercy continue to spare us? "...it causes me to tremble..."

Jo M, Shae, MaryChristine and 3 others like this.
  10. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

I was having a really bad day yesterday and was upset about a trip we have to take tomorrow that I really don't want to go on but is important to my husband's family... I just couldn't seem to calm myself down and patiently accept my cross, so I grabbed my little book of the Gospels and opened it randomly in desperation, and there before me was the passage of Jesus' condemnation, being scourged and standing before the crowd yelling "Crucify Him!" Oh man, that cut me to the quick. My bad temper had me crucifying Jesus all over again, while He stood there meekly amd silently embracing His cross. :cry:

RoryRory, Jo M, Shae and 4 others like this.
  11. padraig

padraig Powers

Our bed is the Cross, our comfort, His Passion.

For Mary , the Passion of her Son was her one constant thought. Her entire life an ascent to Calvary.

May the Cross be the constant bed on which we lie on.

The Cross of Christ... source of all our joy..

12. ellen

ellen Ellen

RIGHT ON Padraig!!!! :D

Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  13. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

While you're at it, you might also consider deleting the membership of people (Leftist activists) who attack others for being an American and/or for being White; especially when said person(s) -- myself -- are standing up for people of different nationalities and races.

Despite residing in a large Latino neighborhood with a Latino husband for 28 years, two people here (otherwise quiet -- why is that?) presume, twist, and accuse because they smell "American" and "White."

I've always endeavored to keep my posts simple and straightforward. It shouldn't be difficult to understand me.

Who is the Accuser? They should ask themselves.

Farewell, MOG. I will keep everyone in my prayers. :love:

14. AED

AED Powers

Don't go DS. If you do you are falling right into the trap. Stay. We are riding some nasty waves right now. Let's all stay in the boat and help each other.

Seagrace, Indy, Shae and 5 others like this.
  15. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

I agree, don't go DS.... you have been nice and a plus.

16. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

DS, please stay. AED is correct, don't fall for the bait. We must remain united for our Heavenly Mother Mary's army.
    Prayers for endurance, today for all of MOG.

17. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

Thank you.

All right, I will stay.

And I'd like to make clear that nothing I've posted at MoG would be found offensive by my Latino-in-laws.

Nothing.

Two weeks ago husband and I visited in-laws, who also reside in a large Latino neighborhood in El Paso, TX. During our get-togethers, everyone speaks freely about current events, including crimes affecting Latino victims.

Apparently my ease of discussing such matters with them over the decades has made me too comfortable? Also I'm rarely reminded that I'm White by them; I'm family.

Please ask. Please give the benefit of the doubt.

18. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

Get some rest padraig you might need it.. Forum is under a huge amount of spamming attacks I won't name the country but communist gives a clue. I've been hammered today..

Could I ask members to take a deep breath and lay off on the kindergarten reporting on posts, or should I say wake up smell the coffee. Satan's busy

Jo M, Donna259, Shae and 11 others like this.
  19. AED

AED Powers

Praying for you John. Thank you for watching our backs.

20. Mario

Mario Powers

A change is coming for me also Padraig. This week ends my 16-month hiatus from the nursing home as chaplain. New York State is allowing "non-essential services" to return! Building long-term relationships will have to start from scratch, which makes this ministry very different from the hospitals. In the hospital, it is infrequent for me to visit a patient twice and rare to see anyone more than that. At nursing homes I usually see most everyone at least once a week.

So now I'll be 2 days at the hospital and 2 days at the nursing home each week. Dear Lord, give me the emotional energy and your tender wisdom to boot!:)

Jo M, Donna259, Adoremus and 9 others like this.