Sister

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by DesertStar7, Jun 17, 2020.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

Susan.

Our 80-year-old mother is being released from a hospital today.

Susan's 38-year-old son, Anthony, has issues.

Husband is often away at work.

Susan works part-time and yesterday learned a coworker's been diagnosed with COVID.

She will now be taking care of Mom. Her only relief from Anthony is when he's at his part-time job.

I'm 1,300 miles away and getting angry messages from both, about each other.

Susan needs prayer support. Please.

heyshepard, Suzanne, Jackie and 4 others like this.
  2. Tanker

Tanker Powers

Praying for Susan and Anthony. May the Peace of Christ cover them both and defuse the anger.

heyshepard, DesertStar7 and Julia like this.
  3. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Hail Holy Queen, mother of mercy, Hail our life, our sweetness and our hope.
    To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve, to thee do we send up our sighs,
    Mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.

Turn then most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards Susan and her family,
    and after this our exile show unto us the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
    O clement, O loving, O sweet virgin Mary.

Pray for Susan and her family, oh Holy mother of God, that they may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

May Peace, and good will flourish in Susan's home, as she cares for her beloved mother in her hour of need. Amen

4. padraig

padraig New Member

Prayers for both through the night.

There is so very much pain and suffering in the world. Praying to Our Lady.:)

5. Mario

Mario Powers

Amen! Amen!

St. Michael, come against this spirit of anger, drive into the Pit its malicious vile, so that Our Lady may bring the gift of peace to this family, and Jesus may rule in their hearts!

6. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

Sadly again.

Susan phoned just now.

20 people on her night-shift have phoned in sick "with COVID symptoms."

Employer isn't requiring testing to prove or disprove. o_O

Two coworkers speculate these people are lying for unscheduled vacation time with pay (4th of July holiday). :whistle:

Who knows??

Susan also worried that if they're running around having fun, they might get COVID during. :X3:

She does care for our elderly mother (certain death sentence).

What a dilemma. :cry:

7. padraig

padraig New Member

Prayers, poor, poor people.

heyshepard, Tanker and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. Tanker

Tanker Powers

Praying! May her heart be at peace.

heyshepard and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  9. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Praying also!

heyshepard and Tanker like this.
  10. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

She phoned again today, livid and ranting profanities. :(

A big factor in this is her resentment towards her son. I don't want to believe she HATES him, but it crosses my mind.

Definitely resentment though.

I wrote her an e-mail, encouraging her to again seek help.

Frankly I've become concerned that she might completely "lose it" and hurt him.

If this country TRULY goes down the tubes ala President Biden, I think it's likely she WILL snap.

Please pray for Susan, the safety of Anthony and Doris (nephew and mother).

I'm going to pray for guidance on approaching Susan's husband. Have only met him in person twice. Nice guy, hard worker, dependable; but I'm unsure what to say or how receptive he would be.

Thanks.

Sam likes this.
  11. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

My dear Desertstar7 my prayers go out to you and your family. The stress level is so high. May there be peace. God love. God bless

DesertStar7 likes this.
  12. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

This went over like a lead balloon.

Unsure if he was drinking (our exchange via text), and sparing 99% of the details, but somehow the decisions my mother and sister (--adults--) have made is my fault somehow. :whistle:

I'm supposed to drive home with a U-Haul, forcibly pack my mother up and bring her to my home. (n)

Apparently they're all getting on each others' nerves. I'm 1,300 miles away because in 1992 Mom and Susan had said they'd move here too. I went ahead of them. They backed out (ages 52 and 29 then).

I (again) advised Susan to re-attend church. Find a counselor. Read self-help books. Etc.

Russell doesn't seem to understand "learn new coping strategies." That I'm trying to help her help herself. :(

And that's enough said.

13. padraig

padraig New Member

Well off to bed before work tonight. I will pray before I sleep.

Sometimes people are a lot like dogs. The more they bark they less they bite.

I trust this is the case here.:)

DesertStar7 likes this.