Sister Lucia & the consecration of Russia

Discussion in 'The Saints' started by garabandal, Aug 16, 2014.

1. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

Are we making our First Saturdays as Our Blessed Mother requested of us?

Saint Olaf likes this.
  2. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

During a pilgrimage to Fatima in 2010, Pope Benedict said, "It is mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is completed."

3. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

I feel like this discussion honestly needs to stop because it is not going anywhere and will not be resolved by our discussions on the topic here but in time. Right now I feel it is a distraction to the actual messages and what was asked to be done. It does not truly matter how much we debate if we are not living the message and doing what was asked. Do you do the following:

1. THE DAILY ROSARY FOR PEACE:
    "Pray the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary to obtain peace in the world . . . for she alone can save it." (Our Lady, July 13, 1917)
    "God has placed peace in her hands, and it is from the Immaculate Heart that men must ask it." (Jacinta, shortly before her death)
    "When you pray the Rosary, say after each mystery: 'O Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of your mercy.' " (June 13, 1917) (Every Rosary increases Mary's power to crush the head of the Serpent and to destroy his evil power in the world.)
    1. 2. DEVOTION TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY:
      "Jesus wishes to establish devotion to my Immaculate Heart in the world. I promise salvation to those who embrace it." (June 13, 1917)
      1. FIRST SATURDAY DEVOTIONS, which include:
        • reception of Holy Communion, and Confession (within 8 days before or after)
        • pray five decades of the Rosary
        • spend 15 minutes in meditation on the mysteries of the Rosary.

(All the above to be offered up in reparation for sins and ingratitude against the Immaculate Heart of Our Lady.)
      2. OFFERING IN REPARATION THE SACRIFICES, TRIALS AND CROSSES OF LIFE, especially those sacrifices involved in keeping God's Commandments, and in fulfilling the duties of one's state in life - offering them through the Immaculate Heart of Mary in reparation to the Divine Majesty so offended by sin, and for the conversion of sinners.
        "Sacrifice yourselves for sinners and say often whenever you make a sacrifice: 'O Jesus, it is for love of You, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.' " (Our Lady, July 13, 1917)
        "Pray much and make sacrifices for sinners, for many souls go to hell because there is no one to make sacrifices for them." (Our Lady, August 19, 1917)
      3. CONSECRATION TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY. Any formula may be used which expresses a sincere confiding of oneself without reserve.

4. No, she would not be bound to do so. That would be immoral. You are not bound to do immoral deeds, even by a superior's request.

5. Saint Olaf

Saint Olaf New Member

"I think I would question your statement that 'Russia must be singled out...'. That directive does not seem to be part of Our Lady's request."

If the above quote is true, is it safe to call Sr. Lucia confused at best? I, for one, do not feel comfortable contradicting her life's emphatic testimony oft repeated on this topic. The above quote would seem to be a DIRECT contradiction of her explicit testimony.

As to division, I think the word is 'disagreement.' And we are free to disagree with one another on matters we are not bound by Holy Mother Church to accept. We are even more bound to the theological virtue of charity which we owe to our neighbor for the love of God.

Russia will be converted. That conversion will be a complete conversion of unity with the See of Old Rome and the successor of St. Peter. If we want to know what national conversion looks like, we have but to look at the miracle wrought by the Virgin of Guadalupe and Her Holy Icon made without hands. Russia is not converted. But this does not mean that papal acts that fall short are entirely ineffectual. Remember when Pope Francis called for a (so to speak) last minute day of prayer last year? It seemed that the world was on the verge of World War III over the events in Syria. After the day of prayer we watched those events de-escalate. So that perspective that has been brought is certainly important.

6. Saint Olaf

Saint Olaf New Member

"I think I would question your statement that 'Russia must be singled out...'. That directive does not seem to be part of Our Lady's request."

If the above quote is true, is it safe to call Sr. Lucia confused at best? I, for one, do not feel comfortable contradicting her life's emphatic testimony oft repeated on this topic. The above quote would seem to be a DIRECT contradiction of her explicit testimony.

As to division, I think the word is 'disagreement.' And we are free to disagree with one another on matters we are not bound by Holy Mother Church to accept. We are even more bound to the theological virtue of charity which we owe to our neighbor for the love of God.

Russia will be converted. That conversion will be a complete conversion of unity with the See of Old Rome and the successor of St. Peter. If we want to know what national conversion looks like, we have but to look at the miracle wrought by the Virgin of Guadalupe and Her Holy Icon made without hands. Russia is not converted. But this does not mean that papal acts that fall short are entirely ineffectual. Remember when Pope Francis called for a (so to speak) last minute day of prayer last year? It seemed that the world was on the verge of World War III over the events in Syria. After the day of prayer we watched those events de-escalate. So that perspective that has been brought is certainly important.

7. Saint Olaf

Saint Olaf New Member

"No, she would not be bound to do so. That would be immoral. You are not bound to do immoral deeds, even by a superior's request."

But how could it be immoral since a religious would not be permitted to trust their own spiritual discernment over that of their superior? The nature of monastic vows of obedience are of a more strict nature than those taken by, for example, secular priests. If it were a matter of faith or morals, then I would agree wholeheartedly with you of course. However, private revelations by their nature are not a matter of Divine Faith. God bless!

8. Saint Olaf

Saint Olaf New Member

Mac likes this.
  9. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

I do not agree with Father Apostoli though he is a holy priest. You do not see the conversion of Russia.

I read this today and sorry if it has already been posted.

It is ‘the Mother of Heaven’ who says to her: ‘be at peace and write what they command you to, but not that which you were given to understand about its meaning,’ intending to allude to the meaning of the vision that the Virgin herself had revealed to her.

Right after – says Sr. Lucia – ‘I felt my spirit flooded by a light-filled mystery which is God and in Him I saw and heard: the point of the flame-like lance which detaches, touches the axis of the earth and it [the earth] shakes: mountains, cities, towns and villages with their inhabitants are buried. The sea, rivers and clouds leave their bounds, they overflow, flood and drag with them into a whirlpool, houses and people in a number unable to be counted; it is the purification of the world from the sin it is immersed in. Hatred, ambition, cause destructive wars. Afterward I felt in the increased beating of my heart and in my spirit a quiet voice which said: ‘in time, one faith, one baptism, one Church, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic. Heaven in eternity!’ This word, ‘Heaven,’ filled my heart with peace and happiness, so much so that, almost without realizing it, I continued to repeat for some time: Heaven, Heaven!’

That is how she was given the strength to write the Third Secret.

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/pat-archbold/new-fatima-revelation#ixzz3AtF7Q2Cm

Mac and Saint Olaf like this.
  10. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

My comment is being misunderstood. Of course Fatima is all about Russia and the Consecration had to be of Russia. But the request for the consecration did not specify that Russia and only Russia was to be consecrated. The 1984 Consecration by Pope John Paul fulfilled Our Lady's request even though Russia was not singled out by name.

11. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

[​IMG]

I will also answer your query about Fr Fox . But in a PM since this is aggravating people . If anyone wants to view that just PM me.

12. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

The above words from Sister Lucia do not contradict what I have stated. Sister Lucia is simply stating in that 1980 letter that Our Lady asked only for the consecration of Russia. In other words, Our Lady didn't tell Sister Lucia to request the consecration of any other country, the request was for Russia to be consecrated but clearly Our Lady was not going to be upset if other countries were consecrated as well! The 1984 Consecration included these words, "In a special way we entrust and consecrate to you those individuals and nations which particularly need to be thus entrusted and consecrated" Clearly, Russia was included in that sentence.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  13. Mac

Explicit mention of Russia is clear.

14. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

Yes, Mac, but those are Sister Lucia's words. Clearly, Sister Lucia believed that explicit mention of Russia was needed but the Pope did not feel the same way. Our Lady herself did not indicate that Russia must be specified by name.

15. Mac

You cant have it both ways David . If you dont value Sr Lucys words here , the need to mention Russia .

Then you cant hold her opinion that it is accomplished so highly. It then means nothing.

16. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

Fair comment, Mac. I do think Sister Lucia's opinions are important but not definitive. I accept that her apparent opinion (as in the letter on the EWTN site) that the 1984 consecration was acceptable, could be mistaken.

17. Davidtlig: But the request for the consecration did not specify that Russia and only Russia was to be consecrated.

It didn't? That's news.

"I shall come to ask for the Consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart...If people attend to My requests, Russia will be converted and the world will have peace."

The Mother of God cautioned that if Her requests were not granted, "Russia will spread its errors throughout the world, raising up wars and persecutions of the Church.

Now that's 3 "specific" namings of Russia, who btw, to these children was completely unknown; who inferred that this new name was some woman. It was this new concept to them of "Russia" that was to be the means of this terrible future persecution of the world. The entire world (and the Church) would be effected by this means....atheistic Communism....of Russia; it wasn't the whole world itself that would be the means of persecuting itself. No, the means of this persecution was to be through Russia. Therefore it is Russia who must be changed/consecration to her Immaculate Heart for such a change.

18. St. Olaf: Russia will be converted. That conversion will be a complete conversion of unity with the See of Old Rome and the successor of St. Peter.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This "miracle" is emphasized in the latest message from "Locutions to the World":

Under the broader topic of "When Russia is Consecrated": Aug. 18th:

Mary

I will place such great gifts in the hearts of the Russian people that they will not be satisfied with superficial changes. Instead, they will wipe away the divisions of the centuries.

They will realize that I have released an ocean of graces which have changed their darkness into light. They will realize that they have been freed from the past century of diabolical control. They will also know that this great gift has come through the consecration of Russia made by the Holy Father in communion with all the bishops in the world.

They will begin to question why they are separated from the Holy Father. Would all of this darkness have fallen if there had been no division? They will cry out for unity with Rome. This ocean will be so deep and so powerful that it will sweep away all opposition. The Russian people will overturn the centuries of division that have been forced upon them.

That is why the Holy Father and all the bishops must make this Consecration in a public way and must specifically mention Russia. The Russian people must know the source of the gift. This is also why I wait and wait, even though the Holy Father delays. I must have the Holy Father act in the name of the Catholic Church so the Russian people know that the Catholic Church has released this gift. In this way, they will desire and bring about union with the Catholic Church.

I unfold these revelations so all the world, especially the Church, can see what I intend and why I ask what I do.

19. Eamonn

Eamonn Guest

A brilliant story on Mother Teresa and her secret attempt to Consecration of Russia

An interview with Mother Teresa's spiritual advisor who was once called upon to carry out a secret mission for the soon-to-be beatified nun of Calcutta...

Mother Teresa's secret agent

by Renzo Allegri
    The conversion of Russia

An unknown aspect of Mother Teresa’s life concerns her wish to work for the conversion of Russia. This aspect was revealed to us by the Most Reverend Pavol Hnilica, the Slovak bishop who was Mother Teresa’s friend for 33 years and collaborated with her on many initiatives on several occasions.

“For years, Mother Teresa wished to travel to Russia with her nuns to witness the Christian faith,” Bishop Hnilica explained to us. “But she managed to fulfil her wish at the end of the 1980s with the help of Raissa Gorbatschowa, the wife of Mikhail Gorbachev, the then Soviet President.”

Bishop Hnilica is full of tales relating to the nun of Calcutta. He travelled often with her and he recorded interviews and conversations with her during their travels. When he speaks about Mother Teresa, he does so with enthusiasm and each time incredible facts and episodes come into conversation, which reveal how active and creative this nun was, a volcano of initiative.

“Mother Teresa was born in Skopje, in Kosovo, in 1910, and so she was of Slavic blood. This is why she considered herself almost related to the Russian population and suffered greatly whenever she heard that Soviet Communism persecuted mercilessly any form of religion.

“We often spoke of Russia. She was very familiar with what the Virgin had said during the apparitions in Fatima, and that an atheist ideology would arise, spreading errors world-wide, but that in the end “Russia would be converted and [her] Immaculate Heart would triumph.”

“One day, on returning from Fatima where I had met Sister Lucia, I recounted to Mother Teresa what this famous seer had told me. I paused on a detail which had struck me, namely, that the Virgin of Fatima, in various apparitions, the official ones in 1917, and the private ones before Sister Lucia in the years that followed, had expressed an interest in Russia a good 22 times. “This insistence,” I said to Mother Teresa, “is proof of extraordinary kindness on the part of the Blessed Virgin Mary towards the Russian population.” Mother Teresa was also struck by this and in her heart grew the great desire to work towards the conversion of Russia. From that moment on, she dedicated herself to this project with all her heart.”

The Miraculous Medal

Bishop Hnilica explained to us that Mother Teresa prayed a lot for the conversion of Russia, she made the nuns pray, sent rosaries, bibles and holy cards secretly to Russia, and above all, tried to spread devotion to the ‘Miraculous Medal’ in this nation.

In fact, Monsignor Hnilica told us a particularly incredible story about this ‘Miraculous Medal’. A 007-style adventure, thought up and organised by Mother Teresa, to take the ‘Miraculous Medal’ into the heart of the Kremlin, demonstrating that the faith of saints is simple but also daring and undaunted by any obstacle.

Here, in the words of Bishop Hnilica, is the tale of this adventure in which he was the main protagonist following Mother Teresa’s will.

“Mother Teresa was deeply devoted to the ‘Miraculous Medal’,” explains Bishop Pavol Hnilica. “It is a small oval-shaped medal which was minted following exact indications by the Virgin Mary herself. She appeared in Paris, in 1830 to a young nun, Sister Catherine Labouré, who is now a saint. Our Lady told her how she wanted the medal to be. It is the only case we know of in which the Virgin Mary herself gave instructions about the making of a medal in her name. Sister Catherine confided to her superiors, who dismissed the idea as they thought it absurd. However, as ever with events destined from above, the project went ahead, the medal was minted, distributed, and a few years later it was already so popular, that it was called the ‘Miraculous Medal’ because it brought extraordinary graces to whoever wore it and prayed for Mary’s intercession and help.

“Mother Teresa was one of the greatest promoters of this medal. She always kept copies on her which she handed out to whoever asked her for prayers. She recommended wearing it around the neck or in a pocket as a sign of protection. As I said, she saw that many of these medals arrived in Russia. She made me buy bags of them, and then I had them blessed by John Paul II, and we sent them clandestinely to Communist countries.”

jerry likes this.
  20. Eamonn

Eamonn Guest

Consecrating Russia

“In 1984, Mother Teresa had an incredible idea. She told me that one of these ‘Miraculous Medals’ had to be brought into the Kremlin, as if to consecrate the capital of atheism to the Virgin Mary with this simple gesture. She asked me if I felt up to carrying out her project.

“To be honest, I was the least suitable person to do such a thing, because in the countries behind the Iron Curtain I was considered Enemy Number One of Communism, and in Czechoslovakia, I had been condemned to death because of my anti-Communist activity. Entering into the Soviet Union was impossible for me, but I couldn’t say no to Mother Teresa. Being with her, it was easy to get infected by her enthusiasm and courage.

“I thus accepted to take the ‘risk’, but I didn’t know whether I’d succeed in completing the task. Nevertheless, Mother Teresa organised everything. She had some contacts within the Russian Consulate in Calcutta. I don’t know what she said to them, but she managed to get me a visa.

“We decided that the mission should be carried out in March 1984. Mother Teresa chose this date as she knew that on 25 March (Feast of the Annunciation) of that year, the Pope was going to consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. She wanted someone to be inside the Kremlin at the precise moment when the Pope recited the prayer of consecration in Rome, in order to pray spiritually with the Pope and leave one of the famous ‘Miraculous Medals’ there.

“Mid-February 1984, I departed for Calcutta with Fr. Leo Maasburg, my faithful collaborator who was to accompany me on this mission.

“Mother Teresa said that it was necessary to prepare for this journey through prayer. For a whole month, we prayed together that our plans would work. Mother Teresa also made her nuns pray for ‘a particular intention’ as, apart from us two and Fr. Leo, no-one else knew what we were about to do.

“As I already said, Mother Teresa had seen to my visa and air tickets through the Russian Consulate. Fr. Leo and I were to be two tourists travelling from Calcutta to Rome via Moscow, stopping in Moscow for three days to visit the city’s museums.

“On 23 March, Mother Teresa accompanied us to Calcutta airport. When I said goodbye to her, she was moved, she grasped my hand and gave me her personal rosary.