Sister in an altercation.

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by DesertStar7, Sep 14, 2021.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

Susan is CRAZY about dogs. Being humane towards animals is great, but she gets carried away. :(

Today she posted a yard sign: "Hey stupid, your dog is lonely."

Meant for a neighbor, who with husband has recently acquired a new dog which they keep (well cared for) mostly outdoors. This young dog naturally barks / whines for more company.

Susan's upset the neighbors don't have the dog indoors more often, or mostly.

None of her business, right? The dog is otherwise well cared for.

So she makes the yard sign.

Neighbors see it.

Inquiries ensue.

THE neighbor feels insulted/humiliated.

She and Susan exchange angry words (which goes beyond the dogs). :rolleyes:

They return to their homes. Susan is about to leave to run an errand when a policeman shows up. Neighbor is claiming harassment against her.

I told Susan, "Don't let this escalate further."

She has way too much misplaced affection ON dogs. As if all pooches are Lassie and she's Ivanhoe protecting them.

2. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I understand why people love animals. I do too, especially dogs. I've noticed though that some people treat dogs better than they do their neighbor and that is just absurd.
    Dogs have always been used as a security measure for predators of 4 and 2 legged variety. This notion that people have the right to tell others how they ought to treat an animal that they have no ownership of is completely bazaar especially if the dog is well cared for. I had a woman once I thought was going to physically attack me because I had a German Sheppard that lived primarily outdoors on my rural acreage and I got sick of her nagging and told her to mind to her own business. Even her husband eventually took my side.
    Henry was in charge of keeping the garden free of deer, the coyotes away from the hen house and always alerted me to other unwelcome visitors. He was a great dog and I miss him.

3. DesertStar7

Some great animal lovers are quite misanthropic.

Agreed.

:confused::(

I am certain, with Susan, dogs represent a love and trust (and innocence) which she misses both personally, and in society overall. They also are a distraction from facing reality. Also, that she nurtures them to make up for our parents' lack of nurturing.

Her husband will no doubt get pulled into this (especially if neighbor's husband reacts). I think he is sometimes overwhelmed by Susan's idiosyncrasies, and now her disabled son lives with them. The man has his own son and problems with him besides. :whistle:

4. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

My cousin is like this as well. I believe it is also a result of her lack of security growing up which she projects on to animals and in turn takes out on others who do not meet her standards for care. She's a handful like every woman in my family lol.

DesertStar7 likes this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

She's a handful like every woman in my family lol.
    May I quote you on this? LOL

DesertStar7 and Don_D like this.
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

Prayers for Susan. Sounds like she is a doggie angel. There are worse things to be.:)

7. Dawn2

Dawn2 Archangels

Jesus please bless and protect Susan.

8. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

I’m not a confrontational person so if I lived next to someone whose dog lived outside and cried a lot I would find it distressing.

DesertStar7 and Katfalls like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Me, too. I would probably call Animal Control and let them sort it out.

DesertStar7 likes this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

11. DesertStar7

Thanks everyone.

A doggie angel? Hmmm. Frankly I think she's a doggie dingbat. :X3:

My primary concern is that, with all the crazy stresses in the world, Susan might "set off" the wrong person, or it be "bad timing."

I personally am going out of my way to avoid trouble especially, and also misunderstandings. I've never been so polite and deferential in my life. :whistle:

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  12. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I hear ya. I’m especially afraid of road rage episodes.