Signs

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by themilitantcatholic, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I am not aware that the Catholic Church claims anywhere that souls entered humans 6,000 years ago.
    I am aware that some protestants believe this.
    (By the way I am not accusing you of protestantism, just trying to clarfy)

2. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

3. padraig

padraig Powers

Sanctus likes this.
  4. Dolours

Dolours Guest

You are correct that the Church doesn't claim that souls entered humans 6,000 years ago. The significance of the six thousand years seems to be related to what the early Christians believed about the six days of creation, one day of the Lord being equivalent to one thousand years of earthly time. From St. Iranaeus's Against Heresies:

"John says further: And he shall order an image of the beast to be made, and he shall give breath to the image, so that the image shall speak; and he shall cause those to be slain who will not adore it. He says also: And he will cause a mark [to be put] in the forehead and in the right hand, that no one may be able to buy or sell, unless he who has the mark of the name of the beast or the number of his name; and the number is six hundred and sixty-six, Revelation 13:14, etc. that is, six times a hundred, six times ten, and six units. [He gives this] as a summing up of the whole of that apostasy which has taken place during six thousand years.

For in as many days as this world was made, in so many thousand years shall it be concluded. And for this reason the Scripture says: Thus the heaven and the earth were finished, and all their adornment. And God brought to a conclusion upon the sixth day the works that He had made; and God rested upon the seventh day from all His works. Genesis 2:2 This is an account of the things formerly created, as also it is a prophecy of what is to come. For the day of the Lord is as a thousand years; 2 Peter 3:8 and in six days created things were completed: it is evident, therefore, that they will come to an end at the sixth thousand year."

What I quoted above can be read in context here: http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0103528.htm

DivineMercy likes this.
  5. On to the children now. Talk about science substituting for God (Fr. Amorth's opinions being reality) and confusion reigning everywhere:

First mercy killing of minor in Belgium: report

https://www.yahoo.com/news/belgium-euthanises-terminally-ill-child-landmark-case-092154337.html

If you happen to be within the period of justification for abortion then bad luck for you, but then those scientists have somehow been enlightened that if you come just a few seconds later then it's illegal.....or if you make it outside the womb. Well, here we have first the Netherlands attempting to make another irrational timing to somehow put some kind of thought to accompany their diabolical decisions, having to be 12 years old. But here it appears that even that desire for some kind of proof of thought is missing!

6. padraig

padraig Powers

Truly, truly appalling. At least they are keeping the details secret so at least they may still have at least some sense of shame.

7. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Spiritual giant. He was able to speak unaided without notes having prepared meticulously, he always had a perfect grasp of the subject matter that he spoke about.

Well worth watching.

8. Mario

Mario Powers

O God, be merciful to the People of China, including all of your children! Such devastation!:cry: Come Lord Jesus!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

Booklady likes this.
  9. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

Something strange, inexplicable and on-going for at least 7.7 years has been going on here and EU too!
    As of 0850 CDT, Lord Obammy the Omniscient and Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques has not made a statement about the Terrorist Islamic Attacks in the USA (MN/NY). This is SOP for him and his administration AND his Political Party AND their Lickspittle Media!! Let me refresh your memories. An Islamic Terrorist gunned down two Army Soldiers at an Arkansas Recruiting Office and it takes Obama three days to acknowledge attack .. only after outrage in "Alternate Media" ... and the attack was classified as "Just your ordinary Drive-By Shooting" that occur weekly if not daily in Democrat Party Controlled Urban Areas:( During that same time it took Obama only four HOURS to acknowledge & Lament the murder of an infamous Late Term Abortionist, Tiller the Baby Killer:mad: ! For years the Ft Hood massacre of 14 soldiers and one unborn child was labeled as "Work Place Violence" and only recently have the victims been recognized as Combat Casualties ... and their families have, finally, been given the benefits due them as survivors! In EVERY, obviously, Islamic Terrorist Attack since then the Political Left and their MEDIA is slow to report, attempt to Deflect the Horror ... It's The Guns/NRA &/or poverty, racism or lack of jobs .. it's just a Lone Wolf --- Not Islam! .... or simply lie about what ever they can get away with! When caught in lies they apologize/retract on the Friday PM News/Document Dump or on page B-13 of the Saturday Newspaper . They are, still, madly searching for those potential Right-Wing Tea Party/Christian "Terrorists" that THEY KNOW are "OUT-THERE".
    As near as I can tell it's the same deal in Europe? It must go beyond ME Campaign Cash and Muslim Votes ....... Evil & satan is the only plausible explanation ... and Pope Francis and other Catholic "Leadership" unfortunately ....:( .... As I write this I'm listening to Billary doing all of the above with the addition that it's Trump's Big-Mouth that ....... :eek:

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

JAA and picadillo like this.
  10. padraig

padraig Powers

It did seem odd, especially in New York..as though the authorities were reluctant to call a spade a spade. Who knows what goes through their minds? Even now they are very subdued about it all. Weird.

11. padraig

padraig Powers

12. picadillo

picadillo Guest

Unfortunately Crewdog you are right on. And really unfortubnately is that the pope and catholic leadership seem to be on the wrong side of things. The pope's picture with and support of Angela Merkel make him a globalist stooge.

13. picadillo

picadillo Guest

14. sterph

sterph Archangels

Winter is coming.

15. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Oh, you know nothing, Sterph Snow.

sterph likes this.
  16. DivineMercy

DivineMercy Archangels

Wish it was coming in my area....... I'm supposed to endure 90+ degrees (Fahrenheit) all next week.......:cool:

17. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Please, please, PLEASE! Bookmark this thread. Then, in 4 months at the end of January when winter's cold (in North America) REALLY comes, or at the beginning of February when you keep thinking Spring is just around the corner, but Spring can't be bothered to get out of bed, come back to this post. Read it. Read it, and weep for what you have lost. :cry:

(Gotta wonder about those Freudian slips -- just reread the message before posting, and found I had written "whiner's cold" instead of "winter's cold." :whistle: )

DivineMercy likes this.
  18. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

19. padraig

padraig Powers

A freind told me he heard a great sermon a few days ago on the subject of money. The preist said that the best thing of all is to have just enough money to do you.. If you have too little you and your family are in constant want and that cannot be good. If you have too much , you no longer see yourself as in need of God , your mind wanders to things of this world.

Whereas if you have just enough to do you, you are always comscious of your need for God and your needs are satisfied. I find this is true.

A few years back my brothers girl friend in England , Breda, used to work as a help to a young , very rich English noble woman who was regularly attended by murses and a doctors. But after months besides seeing this very rich young woman at close had she was puzzled and asked one of the head shrinkers what was wrong with her besides being very,very,very unhappy. To which hte Doctor respeonded tersely, 'She has too much money and does not know what to with herself!'

I think there is a lot of wisdom in this.

James 5

Warning to Rich Oppressors
    5 Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming on you. 2 Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. 3 Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days. 4 Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. 5 You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter.a]">[a] 6 You have condemned and murdered the innocent one, who was not opposing you.

I also suspect as the saying goes that behind a lot of riches are often a lot of crimes to get the dough and that has consequences.

[​IMG]

20. padraig

padraig Powers

Has anyone in Ireland been studying the sky the last coupel of evenings? I would describe it as a kind of shining glooming as though it was going to come down and bite us all. Very foreboding.

[​IMG]