Significant Event in the Sky

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by torrentum, Feb 17, 2020.

1. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

God is truly screaming for our attention.
    I actually had this originally posted in the a different thread, but it’s such a significant event, that I believe it requires its own thread.

Dear friends I have some news that is very interesting, even awe inspiring.
    The star, Betelgeuse, is dimming - it was one of the brightest stars in the sky, and while it always varied slightly in brightness, over the last year it has reduced in brightness by well over a STAGGERING 70%!!!!
    A staggering number in astronomical terms. - or any terms for that matter. You don’t need to have a PhD in astronomy to have heard of this star; it’s the brightest star in the consolation of Orion the hunter - one of the most famous constellations and a giant constellation of the winter sky. The star is now dimming dramatically and nobody knows why. Its so massive that it can be observed with a telescope to reveal more than just a point of light - the star is so huge that it reveals a disk under telescopic magnification - and while any star is usually round, betelgeuse has deformed dramatically, bulging at one side.
    What this means, nobody knows, it may return to normal, though that’s very unlikely. What is probably happening is that the star is entering its death spiral - coming to the end of its life, it is a very old star, but any supernova will likely not take place within the lifetimes of us, our children, our children’s children, or even our children’s children’s children - very very long time indeed, maybe between 1000 and 100,000 years into the future.
    So whats got me so excited?

Well, why now?
    Of all the times in human history, Or even of all the times in the last 100 years 200 years 300 years, why did this well known and beautiful star dim now? I mean, seriously, who ever heard of a star dimming?
    Like I said above the star is one of the signposts of the sky, The winter sky especially; It is the star that children are shown when they’re learning the sky at night, it is one of the first stars I remember learning the name of which of course is funny because it sounds like the film Beetlejuice.

I honestly believe it’s a sign.

It’s a sign from God; It’s happening now, of all times in human history, for a reason.

It’s happening to draw our attention to ourselves and world.
    And while it has been dimming constantly since January 2019 it’s only now that it’s reached enough of a drop in intensity for it to be completely obvious to everybody that the star is behaving very strangely.
    It’s also happening at the start of Lent

It’s drawing or attention to the sky to one of the most wondrously coal-orange coloured stars in the sky; a wonder of creation whose size alone is beyond human comprehension (The Earth beside the Sun would look like a marble beside a beachball; the Sun beside Betelgeuse would look like a ball bearing beside a beachball)
    While it is a natural process, it’s highly unusual (I’ve never heard of anything like it happening within recent history) and it’s occurring today to a high profile star, just like the volcanoes, and just like the recent coronavirus, it’s incredibly unusual; and all at the start of Lent 2020.

God speaks through the language of coincidence.

If you have a clear sky tonight then I invite you to go outside and take a look at the star for yourself.

It’s in the constellation of Orion which is a giant of the winter sky and as soon as it gets dark where you are, you should be able to see Orion in the western half of the sky. Betelgeuse is the left shoulder as you stand looking at the constellation.
    If you’re not familiar with the night sky then it may look like an ordinary star, however, just to prove a point, and show you just how bright it used to be,
    if you look to the lower right hand side of the consolation, you will see the bright white star called Rigel, that used to be the second brightest star after Betelgeuse, which is now dimmed by over 70%.
    Absolutely incredible

Byron, AED, Mary's child and 5 others like this.
  2. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

Here is where to see the dimming for yourselves: Please note that the orange star Betelgeuse is now much dimmer than what is shown in this picture D33958CE-B351-44F8-9C0E-023041B828B8.png

Byron, AED, Julia and 2 others like this.
  3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you. I will look into this .

AED, Carol55 and torrentum like this.
  4. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

Wow its also the part in the sky which St Therese wrote about
    "how great is God that he initialled my name in the sky"

HeavenlyHosts, AED, torrentum and 3 others like this.
  5. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Yes, I agree. I've been watching this for a while now. There's a few astronomers on Twitter who I follow. They are watching this closely and mapping the dimming multiple times each night, and the dimming is dramatic and ongoing day by day.

So when I started watching this 2 things struck me, first the name. Betelgeuse and that the movie BettleJuice was named after this star. As I don't believe in coincidences, this piqued my interest. I read the astronomers saying that when it goes it'll be the brighest object in the sky after the sun and that we'll see it during the day for days/weeks afterwards.

I thought about some prophecies I've heard of, I'm not sure which ones or the validity but as I don't believe in coincidences this also have my interest piqued. There's more than 1 prophecy about 2 suns in the sky, mabye Pedro Regis?

I then thought about Fatima and the miracle of the sun as it danced and pulsated in the sky.

and then I thought of Luke 21 and it's talk of powerful earthquakes, famines, and plagues from place to place, signs in the sky, our persecution (which parallels the epiphany I had) and the tribulation: http://www.usccb.org/bible/luke/21/

HeavenlyHosts, AED and torrentum like this.
  6. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

I just noticed that Padraig posted the following video about this on the Garabandal thread on Saturday, it is very interesting to watch.

AED likes this.
  7. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

Garabandal is what immediately crossed my mind when I first heard of this

Carol55 and AED like this.
  8. Heidi

Heidi Powers

The crazy thing about this is that it is 700 light years away, so the dimming actually happened in the 14th century. Perhaps it already exploded a couple centuries ago, but if it did we wouldn’t know it for another 500 years!

Sanctus, Sam, BrianK and 2 others like this.
  9. AED

AED Powers

Wow. I was just looking at the stars last night about 7:30 eastern time and I couldnt find Orion out my window facing west. I looked and looked and I wondered where it had gone. I will look tonight. Very strange.

torrentum likes this.
  10. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

It’s strange indeed. I must say, of all the signs in recent times, this has moved me the most; Betelgeuse is an old friend to me, and, like the waiting for the first swallow of summer, the appearance of Betelgeuse In the night sky heralded the onset of winter, my favorite season. The constellation of Orion looks noticeably subdued without her sparkle.
    In my heart, I know this is a great sign that we’ve been given; this is my own personal ‘illumination of conscience’.

Sanctus, padraig, Byron and 3 others like this.
  11. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

There is some prophecy from Nostradamus that seems that it could be relevant (although I can’t profess to be a believer in him...)

The great star will burn for seven days,
    The cloud will cause two suns to appear:
    The big mastiff will howl all night
    When the great pontiff will change country.

A few years back (4-5 years?), I was dozing off in a partial dream state and heard that “the two suns will occur on October 4th”. It was odd because it wasn’t so much of a dream; more like a transmission of information. I’m not sure whether it will actually occur then or not, but it has remained in the back of my mind.

Beth B, AED, torrentum and 2 others like this.
  12. Byron

Byron Powers

And what happened in the 14th century? The schism of 1378 caused by the antipope’s.

Mary's child, Heidi, Carol55 and 3 others like this.
  13. jerry

jerry Guest

There's a few astronomers on Twitter who I follow. They are watching this closely and mapping the dimming multiple times each night, and the dimming is dramatic and ongoing day by day.

If you could be so kind as to provide links to the astronomers you follow. I would like to follow them myself. Have always had an interest in astronomy , but living in a very light polluted city, it is only occasionally i get the opportunity to properly admire the night sky. I am able to identify but two constallations. Yes Orien is one.

Sam, FatimaPilgrim, Carol55 and 3 others like this.
  14. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

It’s handy that this event is focused on a bright star - so it should be visible even in a bright city.

15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Ditto here, Jerry. Light pollution. But I can see Orion. Not well, but I can see it. Good to hear from you.

AED likes this.
  16. jackzokay

jackzokay Powers

Thanks for posting this. It so very interesting. I'll keep an eye out tonight, though its cloudy at the min. But I'll be waiting on a clear sky...

AED and torrentum like this.
  17. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Hey Jerry, for Betelgeuse updates this guy is a good one to follow: @Astro_MiguelM and then @betelbot is posting the daily readings of how much it's dimmed

@BadAstronomer posts all kinds of interesting stuff about our skies :)

jerry, AED, torrentum and 1 other person like this.
  18. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

I’m gonna take a look at these, thank you

jerry and AED like this.
  19. jerry

jerry Guest

20. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

It multiplies your contacts. It’s like a new full time job.

djmoforegon and AED like this.