Sign of the Horns

Discussion in 'Positive Critique' started by padraig, Dec 11, 2019.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

Just saying.....;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sign_of_the_horns

The Horned god is one of the two primary deities found in Wicca and some related forms of Neopaganism. The term Horned god itself predates Wicca, and is an early 20th-century syncretic term for a horned or antlered anthropomorphic god with partly pseudohistorical origins, partly based on historical horned deities.[1]

The Horned god represents the male part of the religion's duotheistic theological system, the consort of the female Triple goddess of the Moon or other Mother goddess.[2] In common Wiccan belief, he is associated with nature, wilderness, sexuality, hunting, and the life cycle.[3]:32–34 Whilst depictions of the deity vary, he is always shown with either horns or antlers upon his head, often depicted as being theriocephalic (having a beast's head), in this way emphasizing "the union of the divine and the animal", the latter of which includes humanity.[4]:11

In traditional Wicca (British Traditional Wicca), he is generally regarded as a dualistic god of twofold aspects: bright and dark, night and day, summer and winter, the Oak King and the Holly King. In this dualistic view, his two horns symbolize, in part, his dual nature. (The use of horns to symbolize duality is also reflected in the phrase "on the horns of a dilemma.") The three aspects of the Goddess and the two aspects of the Horned god are sometimes mapped on to the five points of the Pentagram, although which points correspond to which deity aspects varies. In some other systems, he is represented as a triune god, split into three aspects that reflect those of the Triple goddess: the Youth (Warrior), the Father, and the Sage.

The Horned god has been explored within several psychological theories and has become a recurrent theme in fantasy literature.[5]:872

[​IMG]

On the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.

The Triple Goddess is a deity or deity archetype revered in many Neopagan religious and spiritual traditions. In common Neopagan usage, the Triple Goddess is viewed as a triunity of three distinct aspects or figures united in one being. These three figures are often described as the Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone, each of which symbolizes both a separate stage in the female life cycle and a phase of the Moon, and often rules one of the realms of heavens, earth, and underworld. In various forms of Wicca, her masculine consort is the Horned God.

The Triple Goddess was the subject of much of the writing of the prominent early and middle 20th-century poet, novelist and mythographer Robert Graves, in his books The White Goddess and The Greek Myths as well as in his poetry and novels. Modern neopagan conceptions of the Triple Goddess have been heavily influenced by Graves, who regarded her as the continuing muse of all true poetry, and who speculatively reconstructed her ancient worship, drawing on the scholarship of his time, in particular Jane Ellen Harrison and other Cambridge Ritualists. The influential Hungarian scholar of Greek mythology Karl Kerenyi likewise perceived an underlying triple moon goddess in Greek mythology. More recently, the prominent archaeologist Marija Gimbutas has argued for the ancient worship of a Triple Goddess in Europe, attracting much controversy. Many neopagan belief systems follow Graves in his use of the figure of the Triple Goddess, and it continues to be an influence on feminism, literature, Jungian psychology and literary criticism.

Cardinal Tagle is hotly tipped as the Holy Father's successor.

In a surprise move, Pope Francis appointed Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle of Manila, Philippines, as the head of Propaganda Fide, the major Vatican department for evangelization, on Sunday (Dec. 8). It’s a move that emphasizes this pontificate’s efforts to highlight the global peripheries and taps the cardinal as a possible successor.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Mary's child and Carol55 like this.
  2. padraig

padraig Powers

3. AED

AED Powers

Enlightening. Some of this I knew. But interesting to have a Muslim spell it out. Good for him.

4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Padraig, is that photo real or photoshopped?

5. An Guilbneach

An Guilbneach Mane Nobiscum Domine

The sign that Pope Francis is making in the above photo is the sign of peace for Deaf people. That is my understanding of it.

Sanctus and AED like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I’m glad to learn that, An G
    Thank you

AED likes this.
  7. An Guilbneach

Your welcome HH. Some time ago on the net I recall seeing a picture of Pope Benedict making the same sign.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

I must have missed that in the video. There is a deaf symbol for love that looks similar.

An Guilbneach and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  9. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

In American Sign, that is short-hand for I LOVE YOU.

Sam, AED, An Guilbneach and 1 other person like this.
  10. An Guilbneach

In American Sign, that is short-hand for I LOVE YOU.

Joan J I think your right

Sam and AED like this.
  11. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Years ago while in college, I picked up a book on American Sign. That is short-handed for spelling it out. It represents I....L....Y.

What some are "reacting" to is a similar hand sign with the thumb folded in.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  12. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

Below is actually a fairly recent official portrait of the Danish Royal Family. Just shows that there is something very sinister about these people, including the British Royals and other branches. Alot is being exposed at the moment anyway, thankfully, about how "Royal" these people actually are.

[​IMG]

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  13. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

Another interesting lot are the Rotschild family. These seem to be self-proclaimed royals and are the head banking family in the world. Very wealthy and powerful people who essentially want us all as slaves under the new economic system that seems to be coming in worldwide at the moment. Not much is heard about them despite the massive influence they hold over practically everything.
    From The Daily Telegraph: "This multinational banking family is a byword for wealth, power – and discretion... The Rothschild name has become synonymous with money and power to a degree that perhaps no other family has ever matched."

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    HeavenlyHosts likes this.