Send me Your Guardian Angel

Discussion in 'Books, movies, links, websites.' started by padraig, Dec 2, 2020.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

[​IMG]

Denmomof3 and Jo M like this.
  2. padraig

padraig Powers

I have this little bookshelf of Catholic books by my bedside I love to take out reread, and reread over and over again. They are like old friends. Going back to them is like getting a big hug, like going home. I just never ever tire of them, especially when like this one they tell wonderful true little stories of Guardian Angels. I forget how long I have had this book. how many long years, I forget how many times I have read it.

But you know what? It looks just as fresh and new as I took it home from the book shop just yesterday! Which is something of a miracle in itself.:)

A lovely story I read from Ireland the other night which sticks in my mind.

There was an old lady from the village of Lusk who used to go to mass every evening of her life.. Every single day. But to get to the Parish Church she had to Cross a little bridge and since it had grown dark she was reluctant to cross it in case she had an accident. But she remember the prayer to her Guardian angel, 'To Light to Guard to Rule and Guide .'

As she prayed it the whole bridge lit up like day and the light only went off when she crossed over.:):)

Denmomof3, Suzanne, Booklady and 3 others like this.
  3. padraig

padraig Powers

Jo M likes this.
  4. padraig

padraig Powers

Padre Pio, Like several other saints saw and was able to converse with his angel guardian from childhood. In the case of St Padre Pio it was alway, always as a little child even into his old age. His angel never grew older. It is so interesting that different saints saw their angel guardians in differing forms, ages, dress and so on. Pere Lamy for instance saw his angels as young men, dressed like Roman Legionaries in scaled gold Amour.

[​IMG]

HeavenlyHosts and Jo M like this.
  5. padraig

padraig Powers

Booklady and Jo M like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Jo M likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Praying

I have thought what it would be like when we do get to meet our guardian angel after we die, how then the penny might drop how familiar our angel actually is and that we may have met him\her many times already just never realised. Which raises another question, are there female guardian angels? I assume there are.

Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and padraig like this.
  8. padraig

padraig Powers

There are no female angels reported in Scripture.

Nor have I ever read any report of one in the lives of the saints/mytics. At least any mystic I would have beleived. A female angel would be a source of concern for me if it was reported. There are of course reports of Demons appearing as women. Notbaly, 'Succubus'. Demons appearing as women with impure motive.

Actually in Scripture we only know the actual names of three angels, three of the seven spirits who stand before the THhone of God, Michael, Gabiriel and Raphael.

Booklady likes this.
  9. padraig

padraig Powers

Why not women angels? mmmmmmm

10. Fede

Fede Archangels

My understanding is that angels are not male or female...no gender.

My son survived a snow boarding accident when he was 19..a true miracle. He hit tree
    head on which resulted in multiple skull fractures, internal bleeding and swelling of the brain. They didn't know what to do. The top neurologist at hospital was stunned. In the middle of the night while he was in ICU, we were not permitted to be with him and while waiting in the waiting room, my husband had a vision..the Virgin Mary with her hand in his head and Padre Pio at the door. The next day. The doctor told my son "you've been given a second chance at life...we'll see what you do with it." There was no intervention and the damage in the original scans had disappeared. When he came home he told my husband that he kept seeing a little girl in the shower and at night in his room.. my husband told him. "That's your guardian angel. Thank her" he did and never saw her again.

My life changed then ..I already attended Mass weekly and prayed, but after that I knew I needed to give back..that as long as I live I will never be able to do enough to thank God for saving my son's life.

Was it a girl? Or maybe just looked like one?

AED, Suzanne, Booklady and 3 others like this.
  11. padraig

padraig Powers

Beautiful.:)

Booklady and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  12. padraig

padraig Powers

It's true angels are Spirits and thus neither male nor female in a physicalvsense.

Nevertheless it seems to me that since they all choose to appear as male this is a statemnt about their Spiritual self or mission. Otherwise they might have chosen to appear as beoth male and female or all female.

The fact that they are all appearing as male male is a statement in itself.

garabandal and Jo M like this.
  13. Jo M

Jo M Powers

What an incredible miracle Fede, praise God! Our Holy Mother, and Padre Pio, in your husband's vision...wow! What a turning point for you and your family.

RoryRory, Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  14. padraig

padraig Powers

In a similiar way we always speak of God the Father, rather than God the Mother and The Father sent His only begotten Son rather than His only Begotten Daughter.

I would suspect them that the Male aspect of the angels relates somehow to God as Father.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  15. Fede

Fede Archangels

Yes...for 3 months I was in shock that he survived and couldn't believe Our Lady had time for my son. And even though my extended family knew it was a miracle, I think they quickly forgot. When they think I'm exaggerated in my faith I remind them. So many have asked me why would God save my child and not someone else's? My answer is I don't know. I just know that as they were growing I always prayed to the Blessed Virgin to give me everything I needed to raise my children. She's become such a huge part of my life. I even heard Her voice once during the concecration of the Eucharist during Holy Mass. She has always been there for me. A true mother.

maryn, AED, Jo M and 5 others like this.
  16. padraig

padraig Powers

Wonderful. A Great Grace.:)

Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

She answered your prayers and then some :)

Jo M likes this.
  18. AED

AED Powers

Wonderful miraculous story. Our Lady and Padre Pio! And guardian angels too. What a profound experience for all of you. Thank you for telling it.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  19. padraig

padraig Powers

Often think such miracles have deeper meanings and purposes. Such as deepening Faith and opening gates to Holiness/ graces.

AED likes this.
  20. padraig

padraig Powers

I watched Fr Hardon again last night, a video named, 'Angels', and 'Demons '.

I love listening to him recently, he has a lovely sense of humour. He told the story of a man who came to him in Confession and said that he could not think of any sins to confess. To which the Father replied,

'Have you tried asking your wife?'

The audience roared.

He seems to have endured very severe persecution , including the fact that none of his fellow Jesuits turned up for his 50th anniversary of his priesthood mass. How awful! Also he was banned from public teaching for the last 18 years of his life. Unbelievable.

But I discovered something I never knew before and that is that he was accused in some kind of clerical abuse cover up. I don't believe it, for to me he appears to have been a real saint.

But I was wondering if anyone knew much about this?

AED likes this.