Sandy - stray tomcat

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by DesertStar7, Jun 14, 2020.

1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

First saw him on our property in April. He'd run at the sight of us. I decided to supplement his diet by feeding him occasionally. He soon warmed up. Last week I decided to give him an evening feeding. Now he allows petting and gives nose bumps. I named him "Sandy" for his stripes being pale golden, and similar in shade to local sand. He'll now sit before our front door meowing for his meal (served behind the house). Follows me around back, trotting beside me, head going this way and that, happily meowing. Figure he's not yet a year old. So now we've two cats; an elder indoor and this rascal. :love: Sandy1.jpg Sandy2.jpg

Sanctus, Julia, Jo M and 6 others like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I love this. :love:
    He was Heaven-sent.

Jo M, Booklady, AED and 1 other person like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

A beautiful; colour, he seems happy and healthy.:)

Julia, Jo M, Booklady and 2 others like this.
  4. Booklady

Booklady Archangels

Hey Padraig, St. Gertrude was looking out for Sandy. (y)

5. padraig

padraig New Member

Nothing ever happens by accident, nothing.:)

I have been thinking more and more about getting a nice cat lately. I have always wanted a huge Maine Coon Cat. But it seems impossible. Dogs and cats...well, you know how is is. It would not seem fair or right. However my two dogs are getting old. I must ask Our Lady to help me out. Our LAdy works best with the impossible, after all she worked with me.:):)

I would just LOVE a Maine Coon Cat.:):)

[​IMG]

Booklady, Julia, AED and 2 others like this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

They are unique cats.

DesertStar7 and Booklady like this.
  7. Booklady

Booklady Archangels

They are handsome cats. Padraig, have you considered adopting an adult or older Maine Coon Cat? Being mature they are less likely to annoy the dogs.

In my experience, we had three cats when I adopted a little miniature schnauzer, since the cats were larger than the puppy they tended to ignore little Duke. When Duke got bigger we adopted a little Corgi, and they played with each other chasing squirrels and possums together, in our backyard, and ignored the cats, so it worked for us.

My son had a different experience, he had two cats when he adopted a little male Maltese dog, all was fine until they adopted a second female Maltese and then she had a litter, of which they kept two little Maltesers. As a group they are annoying their cats. So they have had to use a little fence to keep the Maltesers from annoying the cats, and provided the cats a room to play in and relax without the dogs.

A year ago, my son found a little tuxedo kitten living under a dumpster behind the hospital, he was tiny, underfed and not feral and desperately tried to get his attention by climbing into his truck. He wanted a human Daddy to take care of him. So my son took him home, the dogs freaked out upon seeing the tiny bag of bones with a tail and a bobble head of the poor undernourished kitten, so the same day, little Oliver Twist became my third cat. He is now a huge cat, not as large as a Maine Coon cat but he is healthily chunky. When the Maltesers visit grandma, Oliver who is now bigger than all of them, hides, I don't know where.

So that has been my experience. So good luck and I hope that St. Gertrude will help you find the perfect Maine Coon cat, and that he gets along with your beautiful dogs.

HeavenlyHosts, DesertStar7 and AED like this.
  8. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

During morning feedings, instead of following me through the gate (he dislikes its squeaking) he'll jump up onto and then off the adjoining rock wall partition.

He springs off the partition with an exuberance like "Food AGAIN! Yay!" :D

He also gets an evening meal.

Meanwhile our elderly cat -- Trixie -- is often sleeping these days. Not surprisingly. :sleep:

HeavenlyHosts likes this.