Saint help needed

Discussion in 'The Saints' started by Indy, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Indy

Indy Praying

I know someone young who was in a horrible accident and is fighting a battle to keep his legs, but what is worse is the depression, he is very low right now. His family is having an awful time with the poor lad. Can anyone help me select a saint I can ask for intersession. Thanks.

2. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

3. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

prayers...

Indy likes this.
  4. Rain

Rain Powers

Try St. Peregrine. He's the "cancer" saint, but since he was personally healed by Jesus from cancer in his leg, he seems like a good choice for the case.

St. Peregrine, at the age of sixty, developed an infection in his right leg. His condition deteriorated to the point that the physician decided it needed to be amputated.

The night before the operation Peregrine spent time praying before a fresco of the Crucifixion in the chapter room. He fell into a deep trance-like sleep and seemed to see Jesus descend from the cross to touch his leg.

The following day, the doctor arrived to perform the amputation and finding no sign of the cancer, spread news of the miraculous cure throughout the town.

[​IMG]

5. miker

miker Powers

gracia and Indy like this.
  6. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Guest

Pio.....always Pio.....such power.....he will take him on as a spiritual son. Give him Alessio Parente's Send Me Your Guardian Angel....an easy read....but POWERFUL....shows how much Pio suffered and came through and bilocated to his spiritual children....

7. Patty78

Patty78 Angels

Indy

Ask Saint Raphael the archangel.

And maybe you could give him/her a copy of the divine mercy diary.
    Sin leads to guilt and depression, so what better medicine than to realize that God loves you and is always at the door waiting patiently for a sign of repentance, to restore our hearts and revive our souls.

8. padraig

padraig New Member

I would also pray to the Holy Spirit for depression. The Holy Spirit is a great source of joy.

I admit my jaw always falls open a little when I hear of other people's huge crosses, it reminds me to be so grateful for all the happiness in my own life. Poor people.

Prayers at mass offered up.

9. Indy

Indy Praying

Thanks everyone, your replies are answers to my prayers and just what I am looking for. I'm sure they will help this situation no end. This guy also lost his older brother who was my friend growing up to suicide many years ago, so he has had a very tough life, thanks you so much.

Patty and gracia like this.
  10. Bella

Bella Guest

Hello Indy- OL of Medjugorje's message for the world this month asks us to call on the saints to intercede for us... It is SS SImon and Jude tomorrow, Tuesday. I will pray for this young person's depression to be lifted.

Indy likes this.
  11. Bella

Bella Guest

Indy- I just want you to know that I went to Mass this morning and prayed hard for your friend. St Jude, as I'm sure you know, is considered the patron of so-called hopeless cases ( I tend to think of .him as the Patron saint of Hope). I hope your young friend is being consoled .

Indy likes this.
  12. Indy

Indy Praying

Bella, thank you so much, I saw him yesterday, he just wants to be left alone and is miserable, sad and angry, the poor fella. Ever since his brother took his life he has no life himself and now all this, these prayers are invaluable. I have prayed to all the saints mentioned here and asked Padre Pio to take him on as a son, so thanks everyone. I really value the prayers from this forum.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  13. js1975

js1975 New Member

Indy, Praying for your friend.
    -Jay

Indy likes this.
  14. Bella

Bella Guest

Indy - just to let you know, I am going to Mass at GMT 1900 hrs here in the UK this evening. Our priest is saying the Mass for your young friend. Have courage. All the saints are going to be lifting this young man up and I firmly believe God is going to transform this despair into joy. At the offertory and at communion I will especially commend this precious young man to Jesus. #KeepPraying.

Indy likes this.
  15. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

padraig and sterph like this.
  16. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

My first introduction to St Dymphna was back in 1998 I was part of a small family prayer group who decided to call themselves 999 as an emergency spiritual group they would pray for anyone who called upon them jokingly I said to them so if my phone rings I have to answer it as an emergency call later that night my phone rang and when I answered it the person said sorry I was looking for St Dymphnas I think I have the wrong number

AED, sterph and DesertStar7 like this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

I walk through the children's hospital at night time. Man poor children ding , especially of cancer. Many many. But the poor children and even babies, do not know what is killing them. So this is very merciful.

But my heart goes out to their poor parents. They do know.

I must say this with all Faith. If people were to reach out with true Faith to God in prayer these cancers would be cured. They do not do so. Thus they die.

But faith is two way.

Faith of those who beg in prayer.

..and those who through God work the miracles.

Those who we call saints,

there are none either.

They rely on Science and science fails.

The Faith of many has grown cold.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    DesertStar7 and AED like this.
  18. AED

AED Powers

Wow.

DesertStar7 likes this.