Saint Anna Schäffer

Discussion in 'The Saints' started by Dave Fagan, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Dave Fagan

Dave Fagan New Member

Perhaps others here are already familiar with Saint Anna Schäffer but I only recently learned of her inspiring life of suffering and dedication. She lived from 1888 - 1925 and because of severe injuries that she sustained at a young age was confined to bed for much of her life.

"In 1898 Anna had a vision where Jesus appeared to her as the Good Shepherd and told her the suffering that was going to be hers before the age of 20. She wrote that Jesus had a rosary in His hands and wanted her to pray faithfully. At the time Anna became frightened as the thought of all the suffering scared her greatly. But, as time went on, she accepted the suffering that was hers and embraced it.

On October 4, 1910, Jesus appeared to her saying, “I accepted you in atonement for my Holy Sacrament. And in the future when you receive Holy Communion you will feel the pains of My passion with which I have redeemed you.”
    (From the Aleteia article posted below).

She was beatified in 1999 and canonised by her fellow Bavarian, Pope Benedict XVI on 21 October 2012.
    Her feast day is coming up soon on October 5th.

Saint Anna Schäffer, pray for us.

20200928_151639.jpg

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  2. Dave Fagan

Dave Fagan New Member

3. Dave Fagan

Dave Fagan New Member

4. Dave Fagan

Dave Fagan New Member

Following her death, numerous miracles have been attributed to Saint Anna's intercession. 20200928_183846.jpg

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    Mario and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you for posting about this wonderful saint.

Mario and Dave Fagan like this.
  6. Dave Fagan

Dave Fagan New Member

7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Dave Fagan likes this.