Rosa Mystica

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by padraig, Jul 9, 2024.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

Wow! Rome has just given the nod to the Rosa Mystica apparitions in Italy even after the original Bishop of the Diocese had given it the big thumbs down!

Why is this so surprising? Well I never expected Cardinal Fernandez and Rome ever to approve a single Marian Apparition ever again. Modernist/ progressives types tend to have as much liking for Marian apparitions as dogs do for cats . That they have done so even after the original Bishop gave it the thumbs down has really thrown me. It just goes to show that heaven has its own ways to get things done in spite of Everything.

[​IMG]

https://spiritdailyblog.com/news/ddf-approves-our-lady-rosa-mystica-devotion

'Based on new regulations, the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith (DDF) has expressed its positive opinion regarding the devotion to Our Lady of Montichiari in northern Italy. This approval is conveyed through a letter to Bishop Pierantonio Tremolada, with the endorsement of Pope Francis.

Vatican News

The Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith has stated that it found no elements in the messages disseminated by Pierina Gilli that contradict the teachings of the Catholic Church on faith and morals. This declaration is included in a letter published on July 8, signed by the Prefect of the DDF, Victor Manuel Fernandez, and approved by the Pope. The letter addresses the devotion to Maria Rosa Mystica and the messages that Pierina Gilli claims to have received from the Virgin Mary in 1947 and 1966. The letter highlights the positive aspects of these messages, while also noting some elements that require clarification to prevent misunderstandings.

The “green light” for the spiritual experience of the Madonna of Fontanelle follows the new norms for discerning alleged supernatural phenomena issued on May 17. These norms prioritize evaluating the doctrinal and pastoral outcomes of the phenomenon rather than establishing its supernatural nature.

The visionary’s humility
    The letter on Rosa Mystica emphasizes the positive aspects of Pierina Gilli’s writings, particularly her humble and complete trust in Mary’s maternal action. The Dicastery notes that Gilli’s writings do not exhibit vanity, self-sufficiency, or pride, but rather show an awareness of being blessed by the presence of the Mystical Rose. Excerpts from Gilli’s diaries extol Mary’s beauty and goodness, and describe the profound effects on those who encounter her. The Dicastery highlights that Gilli consistently acknowledges that Mary’s actions direct believers towards Jesus Christ.

Among the manifestations cited in the letter is also one of Christ himself, which inspired in the visionary a deep trust in him: “In looking at him I felt strongly attracted to him, to love him: so good, beautiful, merciful! I have no words to express what made my soul be captured by him!… [the Lord said:] ‘Always keep your gaze fixed on Me to scrutinize and guess what I want from you, that is, I wish to totally possess your faculties so that you can always perform actions inspired by My Love’” (February 27, 1952). Gilli’s messages also express a strong sense of ecclesial communion, exemplified by her appreciation of the new liturgy established by the Council.

The right image of God
    The DDF explains that some expressions in Gilli’s diaries require interpretation, particularly those depicting the Madonna as a mediator restraining divine justice and punishments. The context of the overall messages clarifies that there is no intention to present God or Christ as distant or lacking in mercy. The letter includes further messages that affirm this perspective, such as Mary’s assurance that her Divine Son is always ready to pour out His mercy on the world.

The meaning of the three roses
    The letter advises avoiding the image of Mary as a ‘lightning rod’ mediator, a concept often used in the past and inherited by Gilli. The new norms for discerning supernatural phenomena recognize that true spiritual fruits may emerge from experiences that include theologically imprecise expressions. The three roses signifying “prayer – sacrifice – penance,” central to Gilli’s spiritual experience, should not be seen as a universal message for all believers. Instead, the central message of the Gospel remains charity, as emphasized throughout the New Testament.

Jesus, the only Redeemer
    The letter addresses certain unexplained expressions used by Gilli, such as “Mary Redemption,” “Mary of Grace,” and “Mary Mediatrix.” It reaffirms that only Jesus Christ is the sole Redeemer and that only the Lord can bestow sanctifying grace. Mary’s role should be understood as maternal intercession, helping believers open themselves to the action of sanctifying grace. Interpreted in this light, the DDF concludes that Gilli’s messages related to Maria Rosa Mystica do not contradict Church doctrine.

The history of the apparitions
    The apparitions of Mary “Rosa Mystica” and “Mother of the Church” are associated with Fontanelle, located south of Montichiari in the province of Brescia, northern Italy. Pierina Gilli, the visionary, was born into a peasant family and worked as a housekeeper and nurse. Her mystical experiences span two periods: the first in 1947, when the Madonna appeared to her with the titles of “Rosa Mystica” and “Mother of the Church,” and the second in 1966 in Fontanelle. On May 13, 1966, the Madonna indicated a specific spring as a place of purification and source of graces. Construction of a sanctuary began in 1966 at the site, designed as an open amphitheater with a chapel for Eucharistic celebrations and a smaller chapel protecting the spring.

The bishops’ opinions
    In the 1960s, Bishop Giacinto Tredici of Brescia did not believe the apparitions had a supernatural origin, a view shared by his successors. However, in April 2001, on the tenth anniversary of Pierina Gilli’s death, Bishop Giulio Sanguineti appointed a priest to oversee the cult at Fontanelle. On December 17, 2019, the Marian site was proclaimed the “Diocesan Sanctuary of Rosa Mystica-Mother of the Church” during a Eucharistic celebration led by the current Bishop of Brescia, Pierantonio Tremolada, the recipient of the DDF’s letter.'

Xavier and sparrow like this.
  2. padraig

padraig Powers

I must admit I know very little about this Devotion never having studied up on it, but I will of course now. I have noticed though how popular it has become since there are satutes of it pretty well everywhere.

3. padraig

padraig Powers

https://medium.com/@sherryhealth82/...tica-one-form-of-marian-devotion-97faa1408bfb

The Colorful History of Rosa Mystica: One Form Of Marian Devotion

[​IMG]

Throughout history, the figure of Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ, has captivated the hearts and minds of millions around the world. Her profound significance in Christian theology and devotion has led to the emergence of various titles and symbols associated with her. One such title is “Rosa Mystica” or the “Mystical Rose.” In this article, we delve into the meaning behind the title Rosa Mystica, its origins, and its enduring significance within Catholicism.

The Symbolism of Rosa Mystica:
    Rosa Mystica, which translates to “Mystical Rose” in Latin, represents Mary as the epitome of beauty, grace, and purity. The rose, a flower known for its captivating fragrance and vibrant petals, has long been associated with love and beauty. In Christian tradition, the rose is often seen as a symbol of divine love and the flourishing of spiritual life.

Origins of the Title:
    The title Rosa Mystica has its roots in Catholic mysticism and Marian devotion. It gained prominence in the mid-20th century when a series of reported Marian apparitions occurred in Montichiari and Fontanelle, Italy, between 1947 and 1954. A humble Italian mystic, Pierina Gilli, claimed to have received several visions of Mary during this time.

[​IMG]
    In these alleged apparitions, Mary appeared to Pierina as the Rosa Mystica, wearing a white gown with a blue sash and a crown of twelve stars. She held three roses, symbolizing prayer, sacrifice, and penance, and requested the devotion of the faithful to her under this title. Pierina Gilli’s messages emphasized the importance of prayer, penance, and reparation for the sins committed in the world.

Theological Significance:
    The title Rosa Mystica holds profound theological significance within Catholicism. It highlights Mary’s role as the mediatrix between humanity and God, representing her intercessory power and maternal care for all believers. As the Mystical Rose, Mary is seen as a conduit of divine grace, offering solace, compassion, and guidance to those who seek her intercession.

Furthermore, the three roses Mary holds in the visions of Rosa Mystica symbolize important aspects of the Christian life. The rose of prayer reminds believers of the importance of communing with God through regular and heartfelt prayer. The rose of sacrifice serves as a reminder of the call to selflessness and the willingness to offer oneself for the well-being of others. Finally, the rose of penance emphasizes the need for repentance and conversion, recognizing our human frailty and the need for God’s mercy.

Devotion and Legacy:
    The apparitions of Rosa Mystica sparked a surge of devotion among the faithful, with many embracing the title and seeking Mary’s intercession under this particular aspect. Marian shrines and prayer groups dedicated to Rosa Mystica have been established in various parts of the world, serving as centers of devotion and prayer.

[​IMG]
    The legacy of Rosa Mystica is deeply intertwined with the rich tapestry of Catholic spirituality. It serves as a reminder of Mary’s enduring presence in the lives of believers and her continuous intercession for humanity. Devotion to Rosa Mystica invites individuals to deepen their relationship with Mary, seek her guidance, and strive to imitate her virtues in their daily lives.

Conclusion:
    Rosa Mystica stands as a captivating title that draws believers closer to Mary, the mother of Jesus. It encapsulates the beauty, grace, and spiritual significance associated with her, inviting the faithful to explore the depths of Marian devotion. Through the symbol of the rose, Rosa Mystica emphasizes the importance of prayer, sacrifice, and penance in the Christian journey. As we embrace this title, we are reminded of Mary’s maternal care and her intercessory role in bringing us closer to God.

Jo M, AED, sparrow and 1 other person like this.
  4. padraig

padraig Powers

It's always good to find a happy ending. Rosa Mystica has just had a very happy ending.:):)

Santa Fe, Jo M, AED and 2 others like this.
  5. maryrose

maryrose Powers

I'm thrilled about this great development. I have a pilgrim Rosa Mystica since the early 90s.As a family we have prayed before this beautiful image for 30 years.
    I wonder will the authorities now look again at San Damian.

6. padraig

padraig Powers

I must admit I know nothing really about it, I must read up on it.

Xavier likes this.
  7. Pax Prima

Pax Prima Archangels

It sounds like this wasn't approved, but rather given the nihil obstat by the DDF, which was then accepted by the Pope. I have heard nothing about rosa mystica and am grateful you linked to it.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2024
    Xavier likes this.
  8. Xavier

Xavier "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will Triumph."

Nice. Happy to see this.

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/...apparitions-in-italy-receive-vatican-approval

"The Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith (DDF) announced the approval of the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Pierina Gilli, an Italian visionary, in 1947 and 1966.

The apparitions took place in Montichiari and Fontanelle, Italy, located in the country’s northern province of Brescia.

In a letter approved by Pope Francis and sent to the bishop of Brescia on July 5, Cardinal Víctor Manuel Fernández indicated that the “spiritual proposal that emerges from the experiences narrated by Pierina Gilli in relation to María Rosa Mystica does not contain theological or moral elements contrary to the doctrine of the Church.”

The letter includes excerpts from Gilli’s diaries in which the Italian visionary goes into great detail describing the apparitions and insights shared by the Blessed Virgin. Fernández shared that Gilli’s writings “reveal a humble and complete trust in Mary’s maternal action.”

9. Pax Prima

Pax Prima Archangels

I am confused, I thought that the most the DDF was going to hand out, in regards to supernatural phenomena, was a nihil obstat. Now they are throwing around the word "approval" in regards to this apparition. Are they calling a nihil obstat an approval?

padraig likes this.
  10. padraig

padraig Powers

The goodness knows. I wonder if they themselves even know.

Pax Prima likes this.
  11. xsantiagox

xsantiagox Archangels

Im confused! There's a Maria Rosa Mistica shrine\ apparition site and active seer in Argentina, with the same image and name. but this articles say the devotion is from Italy? is the one from here a continuation of the italian visions\ apparitions? the argentine one got banned by the local bishop, but the italian got ok'ed.. probably they're different ones, but people mistakenly think there's only one, here? :unsure:

Pax Prima likes this.