return

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by darrell, Dec 10, 2009.

1. darrell

darrell New Member

Hi everyone. Padraig recently sent me an email asking me to return to the forum. While I had been considering and praying about my role here, I had NOT made a decision that I was quitting the forum or that I no longer wanted to be a member of this community. However, after receiving Padraig’s email, it occurred to me that my recent unexplained absence might have been taken as insult and possible cause hurt. After all, a friend doesn’t just take off without letting his friends know what’s up. If my lack of consideration has offended anyone, I am sincerely sorry. Please accept my apology.

My absence has been due to a number of reasons. Most of all, I’ve just been extremely busy between work, family, ministry and the pursuit of a new interest in my life. I’ll try to fill you all in on this later. For now I’ll just say that in prayer I felt led to this. Secondly, as I shared with Terry in a PM, I was feeling extremely discouraged with the lack of interest from the publishing world in my book. Added to this, I went through a period of what I can only describe as a great spiritual dryness, and these factors combined led me to step back and take a break from writing. As of two days ago on the Immaculate Conception, this spiritual dryness seems to have ended.

So I am back. I don’t know how much time I’ll have to contribute, but I’ll at least be checking in regularly and joining in your prayers.

2. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Darrell,
    So nice to hear from you again. I was wondering where you had gone but no I wasent offended but was hoping all was O.K. with you and your family. Everybody I know seems to be going through more suffering in varying degrees. I dont post much myself but I do check in every day and it helps me.

God bless to you and your precious family
    Mary

3. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Welcome back, Darrell!! :D

4. twoangels

twoangels New Member

Great to hear from you Darrell!! I did miss you and only wondered cause I was a little bit worried! :wink:

Siobhan

5. padraig

padraig New Member

Welcome back , Darrell!!

6. Mario

Mario Powers

From the Letter of James:

1:4 And patience hath a perfect work: that you may be perfect and entire, failing in nothing.

Darrell,

Look how much we've grown while waiting for your return! :D

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

7. Rain

Rain Powers

Hi Darrell, breaking into print is tougher than ever and it's only going to get tougher. As for me, I quit counting after the hundredth rejection or so. Why I still plug away, I don't know. I must be a sucker for punishment or something. Hope to see you around.

8. Lee

Lee Principalities

Yeeha....Darrell I've been praying for you for 3 weeks! This is such a great blessing to have the answer to prayer...this is wonderful. God is so good...you were so missed! Welcome back...just in time for Christmas!
    Lee

9. Lee

Lee Principalities

Darrell, this is a friend of mine who published her book about a year ago. You might want to contact her to see if there is another way to go about it, she might have helpful information. http://www.bridgebetweeneastandwest.com/