Relics

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by border collie, Nov 7, 2021.

1. border collie

border collie Archangels

This may be an unusual question, but at what time after a person’s death is it acceptable to start using relics of theirs as aids to intercession / healing etc. A person I knew died a few years ago and had a “reputation” of being some one blessed by God. I was told recently that there was a relic of a lock of their hair doing the rounds. It kinda gave me an uneasy feeling.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  2. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

Veneration of relics from the moment of beatification. In this case, yes, uneasy feeling. We can't judge where someone is.

3. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

There have been saints who literally had people snipping off bits of their clothes before they were even dead. So I don't think what's happening here is anything new. If people truly believe the person was a saint and are hoping for their intercession then i dont think God will look unkindly upon them having a "relic" from such person. Now, what I'd find concerning is if someone were trying to spread the "relics" around and encourage said person to be venerated as a saint already. I think there's a fine line between the two. But people call on potential saints for intercession before they're even declared blessed. That's how the miracles are obtained that help them reach canonization.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  4. Arantxa

Arantxa Angels

I did not know where to ask this question. My daughter found a Rosary with 4 sets of 3 beads, does anyone knows what it is?