Refuges

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Katfalls, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

Since there was an interest in refuges on another post, I created this one so you could see first hand a refuge. Father Jack Fabian had a calling years ago to start a religious order in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The order, "Companions of the Lamb" was first visioned to be a refuge. They now offer retreats at the location. People actually live there. I personally know one of the Priests who has retired there. His name is Father Dan B. They have recently had two Priests ordained from their community. The link to their FB site is https://www.facebook.com/Companions-of-Christ-The-Lamb-111666938869033/ so you can have a look at what they are doing.
    As far as refuges go, my husband and I live in a rural area in southern Alabama. I have told many people if the time comes when they do not feel safe in the city, or where they live, my place is welcoming and open. Living down here we do not have to worry about freezing to death! Just melting in the summer :). But I have a strong faith and know God will provide for our needs. I do feel anxious for the folks in the cities, though, my heart goes out to them.
    Keep the faith! Kathy

Don_D, Julia, Joan J and 11 others like this.
  2. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

I visited the home a lady here in Texas who feels she has been called by God to make her property into a refuge. In addition to two houses, she has something of a general store, an adoration chapel, a covered pavilion, lots of livestock and gardens, and more. Her family has put a lot of work into her place.

I told God that I would be willing to make our property into a refuge, but I guess He’s still thinking about it because I haven’t heard back from Him yet. :D

Pishposh46, Coburnt, Booklady and 7 others like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

I know someone who has done the same thing--a farm with a huge house and smaller houses and a chapel. Self sustaining. This from some years ago. I wonder what their status is now?

sparrow, Beth B, Mary's child and 3 others like this.
  4. non sum dignus

non sum dignus Archangels

Just wondering...

Are there any approved apparition sites that mention refuges?

5. andree

andree Archangels

FYI, Mark Mallett and Daniel O'Connor talk about The time of refuges in this video.

I realize that a discussion occurred about them, but I didn't follow it so hopefully I can post this here. I don't remember any mention of any approved apparition sites of refuge, but they talk about the subject from a broad perspective. I do believe that the Lord will provide refuges for the faithful when the time comes.

Just editing to add that I was touched by this story of a Hollywood actress whose home was saved from one of those terrible California fires. If we pray enough, our home can become a refuge.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Don_D and sparrow like this.
  6. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Seems to me self-sufficiency or near self-sufficiency is a perfectly reasonable goal for anyone with the knowledge and skills to achieve that objective.

It is not necessary to follow any prophecy or seer to see that it is a rational position to take in light of what has gone on since March 2020 when toilet paper became as rare as hens teeth. The current economic model is not sustainable in the long term or even medium-term.

Tanker, Don_D, Booklady and 5 others like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

Truth.

Booklady, sparrow and Beth B like this.
  8. sparrow

sparrow The ultimate limit to evil is Divine Mercy

I think about it (refuges) a lot and wonder if I should be trying to find one. My hubby's brother, Fr. Bob had a good friend, also a priest, who has bought a farm I believe for the purpose of making it into a refuge but I hesitate to ask him about it as I just have this feeling that we shouldn't approach it this way, but that we will be 'led' to one or our own home may be one. I have a 'Shield of Protection' https://www.cukierski.net/collections/all/products/shield-of-protection over my home so that sounds to me like a refuge. What do you guys think? Do we go looking for a refuge or not?

Julia, AED and Booklady like this.
  9. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

I'm thinking stay tuned. No need to go looking.

Sam, Julia, sparrow and 3 others like this.
  10. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Stat tuned, He will get back to you for sure

sparrow likes this.
  11. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Archangels

one question that I worry about the tribulation is whether there will come a time when this means of communication will not be available, in which case Internet systems worldwide would be affected worldwide due to natural catastrophes, wars, economic crisis, censorship among other factors that hindered our communication and made it very difficult to know about the security and stability of each one in the forum.

sparrow, Jo M, Tanker and 2 others like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

It is a great worry Luan. I worry about this too.

13. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Hi All!!
    My understanding on this is, when this time is right, we will have our personal spiritual guides showing us where to go or if we are where we're supposed to be.

A question just came to me though, how we will know if others knocking on the door are also being guided to said Refuge? Might we all see each other's guiding light in front if them, as well as in front of ourselves??

Oh, regarding communication, I have read we will be able to communicate between Refuges through the spirit. Does that mean we think of a person, say what we want & they automatically know & respond?

I received 2 calls this week from different recruiters for the same position. If that pans out, I would have the income to support a house. I have had a sense, a desire to turn my home into such a Refuge.

All will be fully made known to us at the designated time. I do feel the Warning......Refuges will come about within 5 years or much less. I pray much less. I think the outcome of the coming election here in the U.S. will be extremely telling.

Blessings everyone! You (everyone, especially those with heightened deep needs) are among my prayer intentions in my Rosary.

14. Mario

Mario Powers

sparrow,

I would keep this refuge in mind, sparrow. God is Lord of circumstances and the one you're talking about is "in the family." Of course, if the refuge itself is a thousand miles away....Anyway, your personal sustainability and nearby contacts is part of the equation. My personal opinion is not to be overly concerned. If you are daily seeking God's Will in every area of life, then trust that the Two Hearts have you under their protection already and will lead the way. Perhaps the more important question should be: who do I help?

Safe Under Mary's Mantle!

Joan J, sparrow, AED and 1 other person like this.
  15. Mario

Mario Powers

Good to hear from you Joan. I am leery of any focus on supernatural communication. In 1 Corinthians 12, Paul teaches extensively on the gifts of the Holy Spirit. They are currently available to us; we should have expectant faith. So yes it is possible. But Paul finishes up this section of his letter with the following:

1Cor 12:31 But earnestly desire the higher gifts. And I will show you a still more excellent way. 1 Corinthians 13 4 Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; 5 it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never ends; as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect; 10 but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away.

A living example of how to face persecution in the early Church is Saint Polycarp, a bishop, who was martyred around 156 AD at the age of 86. He did not rush to martyrdom. He allowed himself to take refuge and be hidden by other Catholics when the Romans were searching for him. But he demonstrated charity to the end. When Roman soldiers finally caught up with him, Polycarp had them sit down for a meal, while he spent time in prayer praying for courage.

One of my favorite Apostolic writings of the 2nd century is his Letter to the Philippians, written around 110 AD, rich in wisdom and quotes from the Scriptures, composed over 45 years before his martyrdom.

Safe in the Barque of Peter.

sparrow, AED and Don_D like this.
  16. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

It seems far fetched to me as well. Point is, we won't have need to worry. We worry now because we don't know.

Mary's child, Mario and Don_D like this.
  17. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

I am not worried about communicating unless the government changes. I am a ham radio operator, worked in emergency services. We have our own band so don't depend on cell phones, etc. when my husband and I travelled to Ireland we got special permits to bring our hand held radios and magmount antenna with us. We made contact with some hams in Ireland and they invited us to their club meeting in Clonmell. It is interesting that you are feeling a calling of sorts to be a refuge. I've felt that, too, and I think others on this site have. Perhaps we are supposed to be some kind of network, or it might turn out that way. Who knows? God works in mysterious ways.

Jo M, Sam and earthtoangels like this.
  18. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Very interesting! I have also been drawn to learn Ham radio.

Katfalls likes this.
  19. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

You could find a local club and they could get you started. It's a great way to communicate. I worked on an airline crash assisting the Red Cross, and we learned cell phones are useless in a disaster. Someone ordering pizza can get through before emergency calls, and cells can be lost. Amateur radio is part of our national preparedness, ever since the govt. disbanded the dept. of civil defense and replaced it with FEMA. A lot of people don't know that. It is totally volunteer, but very interesting. Go for it.

Sam, HeavenlyHosts and Joan J like this.
  20. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

When I visited the Maryknoll and Dominican missions in Peru many years ago I met a great lady who worked at Maryknoll's place in Lima who was a Ham radio operator. When I came home we kept up and they would patch through a local fellow, another great person, to stay in touch. Just a few months after my return was the day when several states were hit w/ powerful tornados, one of the biggest numbers and destruction.....my neighborhood was hit. My aunt's place was totally demolished. While other houses on my street were either totally gutted or had rooms torn off I only had the roof go, bay window blow out, porch screen rip off and tree demolish my car. Lived by an old park and afterwards the huge trees that had been sliced off at about 3 or 4 feet made that park look like a moonscape! The American missionaries I had visited heard the news and again contacted that local radio operator and he apparently came over to my area and reported back that the house wasn't too badly damaged. That communication was so simple and swift compared to waiting for all of the local mess to be cleaned up.....obviously wires were down everywhere. These people are great!!

Jo M, Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.