Redeemer in the womb

Discussion in 'Books, movies, links, websites.' started by garabandal, Apr 7, 2021.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

[​IMG]
    A spiritual classic by Rev John Saward.

I would say this book is a must-have - unfortunately, I have just learnt that it is out of print.

I have a well worn copy that I treasure - not only is this my favourite spiritual book it is my favourite book of all time. Can you be in love with a book?

I love it so much I emailed the author to tell him the positive impact that this book has had on my faith. It is a book that seems to have been written by an angel rather than by a man.

What makes this book unique?

It is a meditation, a contemplation on the life of Christ in the womb of Mary for the nine hidden months but it is skilfully written with multiple incredible insights into the mystery of the womb of Mary. It will increase your love of Jesus and Mary. It will increase your love of the Rosary especially the Joyful mysteries.
    The book is a wonderful contribution to Mariology and Christology.

It is scholarly and well researched lots of references to the Church Fathers, tradition and takes you through a journey of how our forefathers from the Middle Ages, to the Baroque Age contemplated the mystery of the revelation of in the womb, and how this has been represented in Art and how it has contributed to our understanding of the Eucharist.

It is about 170 pages long.

If I was stranded in a deserted island or imprisoned --- this is the book I would like to bring with me for company.

It is so profound that every time I dip into it I encounter something new and fresh. It is a spiritual classic.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Mario, PurpleFlower and AED like this.